Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Has anyone hit this against the TSi3? Curious how they compare for a fast swing speed.
That's a great question as I had the same question before joining Callaway. I really liked the TSI and still believe it's Titleists best driver since 975D. Without a shadow of a doubt, the Epic '21's are faster across the board. I hate using "better" ever these days but after testing head to head Epic Speed had faster ball speed out of the middle and id say they are apples to apples on mis-hits. Gotta get fit, try them both. The other thing I noticed in comparison was TSI was an easier driver to fade than MAX LS but MAX LS does have that GOOFY LONG BALL built in it that the TSi doesn't in my experience. You know that 13 launch at 1800 spin thing?

Once again it's not about what is better but what is best for you. We are talking about the class of 2021 in the driver category. These are the two best heads on the market right now. We are punching hard this year. Very hard.

Borrow my friend epic max driver loved it can’t wait to get one or his he may not get it back need a three wood now

Has anyone tried the 13.5 max fairway?

Epic Speed Max LS in the bag yesterday.
Epic Speed in the bag today.

100% with complete confidence, I'm an Epic Speed guy. LOVED it today.
I even hit a few that made me feel like I had a real driver swing again.

I am seriously seriously impressed with the stock MMT shaft. I ordered it tipped an inch just in case. It has a really robust feel to it. I have a ventus on order for my driver and initially planned on just switching to it right away. But, I’m going to give the mmt a fair shake against it.

And as far as the head is concerned. I’m smitten with the feel. I want to say they’ve dulled the feel a little bit. I’m a big fan of the muted crack of a composite head.

I was waiting for that. Your thread on sound a couple weeks ago kind of led into it, but then you were talking about how much you enjoyed the sound of the LS, and I kept telling myself that you'd come back around to the Speed after pounding it. Sounds like a good day with it. (y)

I ended up getting a Epic Max 5w. Great club and super easy to hit.

The Speed is soooo good. I really can't ask for more in a driver.

That's a great question as I had the same question before joining Callaway. I really liked the TSI and still believe it's Titleists best driver since 975D. Without a shadow of a doubt, the Epic '21's are faster across the board. I hate using "better" ever these days but after testing head to head Epic Speed had faster ball speed out of the middle and id say they are apples to apples on mis-hits. Gotta get fit, try them both. The other thing I noticed in comparison was TSI was an easier driver to fade than MAX LS but MAX LS does have that GOOFY LONG BALL built in it that the TSi doesn't in my experience. You know that 13 launch at 1800 spin thing?

Once again it's not about what is better but what is best for you. We are talking about the class of 2021 in the driver category. These are the two best heads on the market right now. We are punching hard this year. Very hard.
How does the MAX LS rate in terms of forgiveness across the face?

I am seriously seriously impressed with the stock MMT shaft. I ordered it tipped an inch just in case. It has a really robust feel to it. I have a ventus on order for my driver and initially planned on just switching to it right away. But, I’m going to give the mmt a fair shake against it.

And as far as the head is concerned. I’m smitten with the feel. I want to say they’ve dulled the feel a little bit. I’m a big fan of the muted crack of a composite head.
I Played the Rogue with an Atmos Tour Blue and liked it. When I ordered the Mavrik Max since the Rogue White 130 msi was a stock option and I had the Atmos (which I thought would be the shaft I would go with) I ordered it with the Rogue White.. After going back and forth I ended up going with the Rogue White in the Mavrik Max and liked it. When I ordered the Epic Max LS I ordered it with the stock MMT shaft which I had in when I demoed the driver on my home course. Thought it felt great. The more I use it the more I like it. When I tried the Rogue White and the Atmos in it the MMT for me by far performed and felt better so unless something comes along that I can hit better im going with it. A friend of mine can't say enough good things about the Ventus Blue but for now at least am not going to change anything.An interesting thing happened during the demo. The grip was the stock Tour Velvet standard align grip. A few years ago tried a friends shaft with a midsize grip in it and it felt better for me than the standards I was playing so I switched all my grips to midsize. The standard felt good so when I got the Max LS but just a little small I had them build up the grip halfway between standard and midsize when I bought the LS. Love it needless to say I have switched out all my grips to the same and couldn't be happier with the change . Had I not demoed the Epic Max LS with the standard grips I may never have tried that so this driver has helped me in more ways than one.

So one of things I'm struggling with is the larger Max head coming from the Epic Flash.
I'm still working on getting my timing down.

Anyone else have that issue? Maybe when you moved EF to Mav?

Let us know how you get on with the MMT 60. Great shaft IMHO. I had a decent driving day today, a bit up and down, but it was all me, good or bad. The Epic Max with MMT 60 performs when I give it something to work with...
I have the MMT 60X in my Max LS driver and absolutely love it! So stable. Love it so much that I purchased the 70x for my Mav. Max fwy woods and it has worked out soooo well. Best move I could have made with them!

So one of things I'm struggling with is the larger Max head coming from the Epic Flash.

I came from the standard EF to the EPIC Max LS in the driver. Didn't have any trouble adjusting to the head size, although I think the EPIC Max is more enlongated than the EPIC Max LS. But I also went a different route with the shaft. I had the PX Evenflow Green 60g 6.0 in my EF and now have the MMT 60X in my Max LS.

I came from the standard EF to the EPIC Max LS in the driver. Didn't have any trouble adjusting to the head size, although I think the EPIC Max is more enlongated than the EPIC Max LS. But I also went a different route with the shaft. I had the PX Evenflow Green 60g 6.0 in my EF and now have the MMT 60X in my Max LS.

using max now coming from both mav max and mav SZ and it's be an easy transition for me after my fitting but during the fitting i struggled with it due to the APW and playing length. After figuring out my APW setting and shortening to 45" playing length, it was night and day difference for me

and i have to say - a particular red shaft + speed fairways just stupid easy to hit high and down range. Best combo i could have in the bag.

Anyone know when the clean crown option might be available again? (Apologies if this has already been discussed, I tried to look and couldn't find it.)

A Speed with a clean crown would be awesome

Anyone know when the clean crown option might be available again? (Apologies if this has already been discussed, I tried to look and couldn't find it.)

A Speed with a clean crown would be awesome
Available thru customs.

What are you seeing difference wise?

Did anyone notice that the clean crown option isn't showing available in Customs anymore?

maybe i'm just someone who prefers a larger footprint, but i saw no issues at all. i had the standard mav in the bag for a short while, but went back to the mav max quickly. i have the epic max now and really love it.

I didn't really have an issue with the larger head other than the looks at address. I just hit and tested both this weekend and for whatever reason, I couldn't get used to the elongated head and lower profile face of the max. But loved the speed enough that I ordered an Epic Speed 4 wood. Loved the higher, rounder face and smaller, shorter profile of the Speed.

It arrived. I can’t wait to try it out!
ebc167dd8d4b109a89a8a14d05291108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to love the club. I know I do mine. I love the black color scheme. Well done!!

WOW. That looks so mean! I don't hate the white and green. But, I wish that was the stock color scheme right there. Good choice.

You're going to love the club. I know I do mine. I love the black color scheme. Well done!!

Thanks! I am pretty stoked listening to all your guy's experiences. @radiman - totally agree and thank you.

Back