Blowup on the Korn Ferry Tour

If I show up at your work and purposely mess with your ability to work at your accustomed level, any drop off in your performance would just be you being mentally weak then, yes?

If some guy comes to my work dressed in a clown suit, sits down and starts working beside me quietly, then yes I shouldn't have a drop off in job performance (I doubt I would either). Its not like the guy was blowing an airhorn during people's backswings.

I feel bad for the guy in the group who shot -2.

Respectfully, if this is about qualifying for a Korn Ferry Tour event, and the guy showed up the way he did... I don't see why he would even get the chance.

I remind my previous thoughts after seeing the photo of him on first tee...he needs a small bike and horn a tent and possibly a strong man bearded lady and ring master ,,,,,,🤡

Feel bad for the guy it could happen to any of us regardless of skill level. What a humbling game golf is!

Guess some of us are in different worlds, I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with a 42 on the front nine. Had a 42/43 last week and was very happy with it.

If some guy comes to my work dressed in a clown suit, sits down and starts working beside me quietly, then yes I shouldn't have a drop off in job performance (I doubt I would either). Its not like the guy was blowing an airhorn during people's backswings.
He might have let loose a few toots if u know what I mean lol

Exactly..... but he probably came and stated he was a pro and paid his fee. People just are head scratchers some days

He obviously is not a pro or a 2 or better so shouldn't have been playing.

He got what he wanted... ironically, this thread is proof of that.

Incredible. Seems like he would just be fooling around out there to shoot a number like that!

It’s a YouTube worm hole w/ this guy. He’s got some issues.

Yeah, I get that.

My point (which I stated poorly) was that it appears he's a narcissist seeking attention by acting out.

This thread is paying attention to him, so, from his POV, success, I would think.

Yeah, I get that.

My point (which I stated poorly) was that it appears he's a narcissist seeking attention by acting out.

This thread is paying attention to him, so, from his POV, success, I would think.
Yep - some people will take any attention they can get, even if it's negative attention.

He obviously had no expectation of qualifying, and is obviously nowhere near good enough a golfer to belong in that field - he just did it to make a spectacle of himself, and he succeeded.

It’s a YouTube worm hole w/ this guy. He’s got some issues.
I can't tell from the photo from the tee but if it is indeed the same Connor Murphy he played golf for a couple years at Southwestern University here in Georgetown. Then he got into the lifting and bulking up deal and making all of the videos. I was working out at the same gym that he was about 4 years ago and saw him in there lifting a few times. Dude was definitely jacked and strong.

I never actually met or talked to him so I don't know anything about him. Sad that he would disrespect a qualifier for a pro event or any serious amateur event.

All you have to do is shown up and pay your fee. If you sign up as a “professional” then no handicap proof needed. Other wise you need at least a 2 or better

They should have pulled him from the qualifier after a couple of holes. It is tremendously disrespectful to the guys that are trying to make a living at this. The guy is a toolbox for doing it.

They should have pulled him from the qualifier after a couple of holes. It is tremendously disrespectful to the guys that are trying to make a living at this. The guy is a toolbox for doing it.

I’m sure there will be a video posted up on his page about it. Clicks = $$$

Oh and I just saw an article on Golf Digest with a couple videos and it is the same guy. I get trying to do something funny for a video but do it at a charity scramble or something like that. Don't do it at a serious qualifier where guys are tying to make a living.

Oh and I just saw an article on Golf Digest with a couple videos and it is the same guy. I get trying to do something funny for a video but do it at a charity scramble or something like that. Don't do it at a serious qualifier where guys are tying to make a living.
This is where I am on this.

A friend of mine has tried and has qualified for a few Korn Ferry events. He did tell me a great story once about a Monday qualifier:

Shows up to the first tee and it's him and 2 other guys. He said one of the guys just didn't exude "professional golfer" when he got there. Buddy said he knows better than to judge someone without seeing their game as he's seen some crazy stuff before. Said the guy comes out, takes a 9 on the first hole, 10 on the second, and a 12 or something on the third hole. Said his swing was AWFUL, guy had no idea what was going on. So he goes over to a rules official and is like "hey man, I don't know if anything can be done about this but we're trying to qualify here and this dude is taking 10-12 shots to get to the hole. It's hard to concentrate." So the rules official goes over the guy and talks to him, then all of a sudden, the dude packs up and leaves the course. My buddy asked the rules official what was going on....Evidently, the guy was a lawyer and happened to be in town and wanted to play the course real bad. He saw there was a "tournament" and didn't really think anything of it, so paid the entry fee to play the course. Dude was like a 25-30 handicap, had no idea what a "Monday qualifier" was, just wanted to go out and play the course :LOL::LOL:

I too feel sorry for the guys in his group and I will hold my tongue on what I really think about social media "influencers" like him as that kind of language has no place on here.

His drives were probably ending up in fairway divots causing the high scores.

I too feel sorry for the guys in his group and I will hold my tongue on what I really think about social media "influencers" like him as that kind of language has no place on here.
I say let it go. I think the filters here work pretty ******* well.

Do they not have pre Monday qualifiers on the korn ferry tour to weed out stuff like this?

So, maybe golf indigestion was in on this from the beginning. Would not suprise me, since somehow everything is about clicks and ads.

he paid his fee, they accepted it, if the others want to seriously qualify they can seriously qualify themselves because nobody else is swinging for them

i don't see what the big deal is

Back