KINETIXX TUNED ZERO TRQ Putter Shaft

@JDax I believe is putting one of these in play today.

SeeMore Nashville.
Oh nice! That’ll be fun. If not for the fact that I need an over standard putter playing length, I’d have put the one I reviewed in a SeeMore already, will be one heck of a match if stability and variable elimination

Fortunately, I do have a custom putter coming that has an inter hosel design, so I’m planning on pulling it from the OG and putting it into the compact players mallet :ROFLMAO:;)

Nice! What putter did he put it in?
SeeMore Nashville One SS... The Shaft is great, my distance control not so much...

A number of years ago I tried a aftermarket putter shaft...UST Frequency Filtered...I didn't notice any real difference. I'd be curious to try this one, but am a bit reluctant to make the purchase after my experience with the FF.

A number of years ago I tried a aftermarket putter shaft...UST Frequency Filtered...I didn't notice any real difference. I'd be curious to try this one, but am a bit reluctant to make the purchase after my experience with the FF.
That shaft and this (and any of the other aftermarket putter shafts) are very different. That one was about filtering out vibrations and improving feel, this is all about stability.

So listened to this weeks pocast (like I do every week), read the review, and a Club Champion opened 2 miles from me last month. The universe is screaming “ hey equipment Ho get this for your putter”. And I picked up some discretionary income on a side hustle today.

Last edited:
So listened to this weeks pocast (like I do every week), read the review, and a Club Champion opened 2 miles from me last month. The universe is screaming “ hey equipment Ho get this for your putter”.

Weird I heard the same thing 🤔

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not...but I noticed Dustin Johnson added the LAGP putter shaft before the final round today. Is there any reason or explanation for why the LAGP putter shafts continue to make a presence on tour over other premium putter shaft offerings like Stability shaft and the KINETIXX shafts?

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not...but I noticed Dustin Johnson added the LAGP putter shaft before the final round today. Is there any reason or explanation for why the LAGP putter shafts continue to make a presence on tour over other premium putter shaft offerings like Stability shaft and the KINETIXX shafts?
Stability is on Tour, several of them actually. The Kinetixx one is new, and they don’t really push for Tour play, they’re simply all about performance.

I'm blown away at the unboxing experience of this shaft.

Straight out of the box, it is legitimately one of the nicest pieces of golf equipment I've held. The carbon wound construction showing through the semi-clear finish, the graphics, fit and finish all drip quality. It is a beefy unit. Thick-wall cross sections at butt and tip. I am not sure what the weight is (have not weighed it yet) but it feels 2.5-3x heavier in hand than an uncut Velocity driver shaft. It is Stiff when you give it a little flex with the hands.

This is going to be FUN.

EDIT: Now that I re-read the homepage article, I see that the weight is 118g. THP always has the details covered.

Last edited:
I'm blown away at the unboxing experience of this shaft.

Straight out of the box, it is legitimately one of the nicest pieces of golf equipment I've held. The carbon wound construction showing through the semi-clear finish, the graphics, fit and finish all drip quality. It is a beefy unit. Thick-wall cross sections at butt and tip. I am not sure what the weight is (have not weighed it yet) but it feels 2.5-3x heavier in hand than an uncut Velocity driver shaft. It is Stiff when you give it a little flex with the hands.

This is going to be FUN.

EDIT: Now that I re-read the homepage article, I see that the weight is 118g. THP always has the details covered.
My guy! Appreciate you reading it!

I think this is going to SHOCK you.

Finally had some sunshine to take a decent picture or two.

thumbnail_IMG_9674.jpg

Cool detail up near the handle is that the finish transitions from smoked to clear and the carbon-Kevlar weave really pops.

thumbnail_IMG_9675.jpg

Beefy walls :love:
thumbnail_IMG_9680.jpgthumbnail_IMG_9682.jpg

Kinetixx wrapped an super nice waffle towel around my Zero Torque shaft as a promo, and I was amazed when I got the shipping notice over email that the packing list included a gift. Thank you Kinetixx - this is instantly my favorite golf towel!

thumbnail_IMG_9694.jpg

Here is another with better focus & contrast on the graphics.

thumbnail_IMG_9707.jpg

One of these days I'm going to buy a putter head like an Austin and then either this or an Accra

With KBS saying the CT Tour is the most stable putter shaft on the market I wanted to bump this 400+ CPM and less than 0.2* torque behemoth. ;)

Really wanting to put this in my WH 1WS at some point. I'm putting really well with the WH already but this just calls to me lol

Was finally able to get this bad boy out on an actual putting green this morning. Had to head in to work so unfortunately was only able to putt around for about 15 minutes.

With that said, it has me VERY excited to get it out on the course this weekend. I was taking some putts on my small putting mat in the basement last night and I could tell it was much stiffer/stable and seemed to get the putter head back to square a bit better but will admit wasn’t super blown away at that time.

Fast forward to the actual putting green where I could take putts from further than 6 feet and it was a new sensation. You just feel so connected to the club the entire stroke. Literally felt like point and shoot. Was hitting the middle of the putter face more often, the ball was starting on a better line, and seemed to roll end over end perfectly (not sure if the shaft affects the roll much or not but I could tell a difference from before).

Will have to get some more practice in to get the distance control dialed but even after just 15 minutes, I was getting a better feel for it. They just aerated the greens at the club on Monday which is unfortunate but still very excited to get this thing on the actual course Saturday and Sunday.

Oh and it looks 🔥 too, especially with the red and black Swag headcover to match

Attachments

• F1077D96-7E90-490E-9A8E-3B27AD9DE660.jpeg
    F1077D96-7E90-490E-9A8E-3B27AD9DE660.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 83FBBBCB-0676-445F-BD21-1AB687339EB8.jpeg
    83FBBBCB-0676-445F-BD21-1AB687339EB8.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
  • E910DFE9-745D-4A6B-B323-F37249D2397B.jpeg
    E910DFE9-745D-4A6B-B323-F37249D2397B.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 5EE0F562-C291-4F7E-AAAD-24BD2814E51B.jpeg
    5EE0F562-C291-4F7E-AAAD-24BD2814E51B.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 16
I got this built Sunday evening :). I’ve only putted on carpet so far - excited to get on course.

C3D0B23D-8020-4652-8C26-3C99712B8EC7.jpeg
41C3A227-B37D-4B18-9BD6-3C5194B0F1FA.jpegABC3A870-EC73-4C60-8FF0-85E5D5B5F36F.jpeg

Stable is an UNDERSTATEMENT for that one.

Zero Torque update: I installed this shaft into my favorite SWAG Handsome One, during a period this spring where I has been tinkering with making 2021 the Year of the Mallet. Playing mallets, this was not getting much attention. Truth be told my putting this year has been lackluster, and right or wrong, I decided to abandon the mallets for a bit and get back to baseline with the blade so to speak.

Now with the Zero Torque in the SWAG, the baseline has moved, but after a few rounds I am pretty happy that I am still rolling the SWAG well, and am having decent luck adapting to the feel of the Zero. Speed control has been my main gremlin this year, both with mallets and with the Zero. Because the shaft is so stiff, at times I feel like I roll on the power and hit it too far, other times I feel like I sense the stiffness and back off, leaving it short. With more time that sensation has gone away, and I am better able to focus on making consistent strokes and am leaving the ball closer to the hole.

It is a fantastic looking piece to have in the bag. So much fun to see the filament wound weave and use on course. I happened to meet up with one of the guys that I work on club fitting with regularly at the course, and we played the front nine together this afternoon. As a fellow equipment nerd, he and his friend were both intrigued by the shaft, and were asking questions about the weight and how it played compared to steel. One of them was somewhat aghast when I flexed it somewhat aggressively in my hands to show how stiff the thing is. He clutched his beloved steel shafted scotty and said "I won't be doing that" :ROFLMAO:

Good times, this shaft is a fun one.

Last edited:
This one is on my list to try as well, I have the Stability Tour in a Bettinardi, the Accra FX400 in a Scotty Squareback, the LA Golf in a Piretti Cuvio, and the Fujikura MC in a Piretti Cottonwood 2. Taking the two Pirettis out to the course tomorrow.

For others that have tried this shaft... do you feel like it rewards/encourages you to make a well connected stroke with the torso and quiet hands? My game... I try to putt with pretty dead hands and most of the motion coming from my torso/shoulders. So far it seems like if I get handsy, my feels are less calibrated to this and I will tend to over or undershoot. As mentioned, this is getting better with time. But if I put a quality stroke on it, results seem great every time. It's kind of like positive shock-therapy to stop trying to steer it and roll the thing.

Back