Once again, cancer sucks...

Well hell @J.B. Cobb III I am really sorry to see that report. I will be praying for you rather and your entire family.

Praying

My dad called me at work last night. He received his results from the blood work, biopsies, and PET scan. He has Stage 4 metastatic cancer in his jaw, throat, lymph nodes, both lungs, and chest cavity. They are going to start him on an aggressive course of chemotherapy and radiation on Monday...1-2 chemo treatments a week for a month and 60+ doses of radiation.
My wife and I drove up today to visit with him. Once he starts this treatment, his immune system will be basically non-existent, so he can’t have many visitors, especially during times of Covid.
Because of Covid, my father had yet to meet his newest grandson. I am proud to say that is no longer the case! JBC Jr. and JBCIV!

View attachment 8992063
Glad he got to see his grandson. Sorry to hear this terrible news.

Thanks for sharing a really emotional day. Prayers for all of you.

The mom of 12yo kid on my softball team said she wanted to talk to me. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be good news...like she was leaving the team. Well, it was not good but not in the way I thought. The kid’s dad died 2 weeks ago. Acid reflux lead to esophageal cancer. That spread to his brain. 2nd to last chemo (?) treatment he had side effects, which he died from. There were tears and hugs and talk about how softball is her escape from her dad’s death. F*ck cancer.

I just found out that a golfing of mine has become paralyzed because cancer tumor has surrounded his T8 vertebrae and deteriorated it so that he isn’t able to walk. They are hopeful that they can removed it and get him back walking in the future.

The mom of 12yo kid on my softball team said she wanted to talk to me. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be good news...like she was leaving the team. Well, it was not good but not in the way I thought. The kid’s dad died 2 weeks ago. Acid reflux lead to esophageal cancer. That spread to his brain. 2nd to last chemo (?) treatment he had side effects, which he died from. There were tears and hugs and talk about how softball is her escape from her dad’s death. F*ck cancer.
I just found out that a golfing of mine has become paralyzed because cancer tumor has surrounded his T8 vertebrae and deteriorated it so that he isn’t able to walk. They are hopeful that they can removed it and get him back walking in the future.
That’s such a sad story @tequila4kapp !
@MattyD-MPLS the same thing happened to my mother. She had bone cancer and it deteriorated her spine/pelvis leaving her paralyzed. It’s tough to watch happen to someone you care about.

If you live in NJ/NY and do your food shopping at Stop & Shop, be sure to round up your total bill to donate and help fight childhood cancer with MSK Kids. My nephew was chosen as the face of the fundraiser this year! Every dollar helps beat these awful diseases! 937737F5-D6EC-4137-AA60-221F7E0E3136.jpeg

Very sorry to hear about your nephew and pray for much better days to come for him. Handsome looking guy right there. Go Rocco.

I’m going up at the end of the week to visit my father. He’s been undergoing chemotherapy treatments and just recently lost his hair. It’s going to be so strange to see my father without hair. I’ve only seen him with his mustache/goatee once in my life....like when I was 5 years old!

My dad received really good news today! His tumors have shrunk significantly... like over 75%! He has 2 more chemo treatments left. They will do another CT scan. The doctor wants to hold off on the radiation treatments and any surgery. He will have to continue to go to the hospital every 3-4 weeks to receive a treatment to maintain the cancer, but no more chemotherapy. He will likely never be completely cancer free.

My dad received really good news today! His tumors have shrunk significantly... like over 75%! He has 2 more chemo treatments left. They will do another CT scan. The doctor wants to hold off on the radiation treatments and any surgery. He will have to continue to go to the hospital every 3-4 weeks to receive a treatment to maintain the cancer, but no more chemotherapy. He will likely never be completely cancer free.

That's awesome. We celebrate all good news around here.

My wife is 5 years now into her Stage IV journey. We still have lots of challenges and tough days, but we feel blessed to still be having success keeping her cancer stable.

Good news is good news especially in that fight. Continuing to pray for y'all!

Glad to hear that @J.B. Cobb III ! Keep fighting the good fight! He’s in our prayers.

I wasn't active on this forum when it happened but my dad had a long road of medical issues, but in June of 2020 he died of cancer. I was traveling back from Michigan seeing my wife's family when I found out and couldn't make it before he passed. He was developing dementia due to scar tissue in his brain from a brain tumor when I was young that was benign but caused everything from seizures to anything and everything you can imagine. He had a huge lump in his throat and it made it hard to swallow so they removed it but when they did it caused an aggressive spread and with his weakened immune system and other medical issues he just couldn't fight it.

I wasn't active on this forum when it happened but my dad had a long road of medical issues, but in June of 2020 he died of cancer. I was traveling back from Michigan seeing my wife's family when I found out and couldn't make it before he passed. He was developing dementia due to scar tissue in his brain from a brain tumor when I was young that was benign but caused everything from seizures to anything and everything you can imagine. He had a huge lump in his throat and it made it hard to swallow so they removed it but when they did it caused an aggressive spread and with his weakened immune system and other medical issues he just couldn't fight it.

I'm sorry to hear that brother! I know what it is like to lose a parent to cancer!

That is some good news. I hope he continues to improve.

Positive vibes for your Dad JBCIII! And everyone else in the battle. My good friend Ray was diagnosed stage 4 pancreatic cancer about a month ago. Median survival 2 - 6 months. We had a trip scheduled for Cancun the next week and went ahead with his doctor's blessing. He started chemo the Monday morning after flying into CVG at 9pm Sunday. We had a pretty good trip, a lot of anxiety the first couple days but after accepting the situation a bit we had a good 2nd half of the week. So far so good on the treatment, his appetite is hit or miss. He's a "Beef, it's whats for dinner" kinda guy but just can't digest very well right now. So its been soups & pastas mostly. He's a pretty positive guy for a Philly native and is dealing with it pretty well. His wife & daughter not so much but those closest can have the hardest times. So have a cold Yuengling for Ray if the opportunity presents itself and keep him in your prayers. Thanks.

@J.B. Cobb III I love seeing that positive news!
---------
In our household the news is that my wife's cancer med's combined with meds for something else to give her severe osteoperosis of the spine. If it isn't one thing it is another. F'ing cancer is the gift that keeps on giving.

Anyway, here's hoping for good news for everyone that has to be in this thread. And F cancer.

Prayers for continued improvement.

Prayers and best of luck

Other than prayers for those fighting it, this is one thread I didn't expect to be posting in.
I won't go through all of the details, but after coming home from our Florida vacation, my wife complained of a pain in her right ribcage and in her back. Of course she attributed it to laying on the beach and an overly soft bed, none the less, she went to her personal friend who is an MD and his first thought was gallbladder....tested it and did an ultra sound, nope not the gallbladder. Finally did a CT scan and it revealed some lesions on her liver....had a biopsy yesterday and confirmed than she has pancreatic cancer that mastestises to her liver. To say that we are in total shock is an understatement!

Other than prayers for those fighting it, this is one thread I didn't expect to be posting in.
I won't go through all of the details, but after coming home from our Florida vacation, my wife complained of a pain in her right ribcage and in her back. Of course she attributed it to laying on the beach and an overly soft bed, none the less, she went to her personal friend who is an MD and his first thought was gallbladder....tested it and did an ultra sound, nope not the gallbladder. Finally did a CT scan and it revealed some lesions on her liver....had a biopsy yesterday and confirmed than she has pancreatic cancer that mastestises to her liver. To say that we are in total shock is an understatement!

Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Prayers for her.

Back