Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I woke up this morning thinking about the ZX7 like

I ordered 5,6,7 ZX5 and 8,9,PW ZX7 with kbs c taper S shafts in left handed.
Here are my initial thoughts.

- I would have ordered All ZX5 if they had offered me the AW in lefty
- I ordered March 13th and received order around April 13th. 4weeks!
- The shafts I received were kbs c taper lite S. These weigh 110g. The non lite c tapers are 120g. My wedges are S400 TI at 132g.
- The blue mcc +4 grip for the 5 iron was installed wrong 90 degrees off which makes it annoying to live with. I’m pissed 2nd swing missed these inspections.

-2nd swing order form receipt did have the 120g c tapers on the original order.
- My previous mizunos were the taper lites so I’m thinking about keeping them.
-I ordered +1/2 and they look to be spot on.
The ZX5 feel powerful hitting them in my garage net.
- I like the seemless look and blending through the set from first swings and initial impressions.
- I will be playing 18 holes this weekend and can update my experiences.

soo.. did you?
Sadly no. TCB's are stuck in Cincinnati, so the ZX are out of commission (taken apart) until those get here and I pull shafts from the X Forged to put in the ZX. I've been itching to hit them though. I spent a couple weeks exaggerating some swing things and now that I'm going back to normal-ish, while hopefully hanging onto the good parts of that, I'm REALLY curious to see how it all is with those heads in the turf and flight. It could be... delicious.

Finally my local shop has the ZX7 fitting kit in so I can get fit this Sunday!
Head to head vs the JPX921 Forged and Callaway Apex TCB. Although I want the Srixons really so let's see.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

100+ rounds in the book on my ZX7's now.

I'll never get club covers but my word the soft forging is really beaten up.

Finally my local shop has the ZX7 fitting kit in so I can get fit this Sunday!
Head to head vs the JPX921 Forged and Callaway Apex TCB. Although I want the Srixons really so let's see.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
I tested the ZX5s against the JPX21 Forged and off the range mats the mizunos probably edged it, however if you get a chance to hit them off the grass the ZX5s were so much nicer, so I would expect the ZX7's to be next level. Enjoy the fitting

100+ rounds in the book on my ZX7's now.

I'll never get club covers but my word the soft forging is really beaten up.

That is kind of one of my favorite parts about Srixons. They use 1020 steel, which is lower carbon and dents easier softer than 1025 for example which Mizuno uses. The chatter makes for nice character.

Have put in 4/5 rounds on the simulator and getting in another round tonight with my ZX5s, and so far I absolutely love them. For me the sound and feel is fantastic. Even though my swing speed has dropped a bit compared to recent years (working on getting that back up), distances have still been where I expect them to be and consistent. Can't wait to get them out on some real grass soon.

Got my ZX7 irons in after a bit of a delay, looking forward to comparing them to the Z Forged, initial testing shows a little more ball speed with the ZX7.

A guy I know set himself up with a set that's 4-5 ZX5, 6-8 ZX7, 9-P Z Forged, and AW ZX7. He has to sell them now because of a conflict, but that is a damn well imagined set imo. I kind of wish I needed it.

A guy I know set himself up with a set that's 4-5 ZX5, 6-8 ZX7, 9-P Z Forged, and AW ZX7. He has to sell them now because of a conflict, but that is a damn well imagined set imo. I kind of wish I needed it.

I like that. I've been tempted by a ZX5 4i, 5i style experiment. And still have my Z Forged set.

today's round was so addicting. couldn't miss with the 7's..

First post on THP (after years on three other golf forums). Found this thread while doing my due diligence on the ZX5/ZX7 release and wanted to share these thoughts with everyone.

I was fortunate to hit the short irons from a demo set of ZX7s at a Golf Galaxy a few weeks ago and was completely blown away. First time I'd ever held a Srixon iron in my hand. The feel of the 8-PW shots rivaled that of my MP-33s. I simply could not believe how solid and soft the ZX7 heads felt --- swing after swing after swing.

Due to some shoulder problems, cortisone shots, ortho advice, getting older, etc., I had decided it was time to hang up the S300s and find an iron head/graphite shaft combination that would allow me to play more golf with less pain/wear and tear on the body and joints. I was 100% set to order JPX 921 Forged with i95 Steelfibers -- until I hit about 30 shots with those ZX7s at GG (with stock Modus 120 S shaft). That experience was an eye-opener.

So ... I've spent the past three weeks scouring web sites and YouTube channels, researching reviews, players testimonials, technical specs and everything possible about the ZX5/ZX7 irons. Then, lol, I found this 70+ page thread on THP! I've read every page of it two or three times and feel like I already know about half the posters in this thread. The result has been maddening debates with myself on all ZX7, no ... all ZX5, no ... a combo set ... for three or four days and nights. Whew, you guys had me going back and forth like a ping pong ball before, finally, pulling the trigger last night on an order on the Srixon site.

There is now a ZX5 4-7/ZX7 8-AW combo set (Recoils) being processed with my name on it. The Srixon site showed that set and AW as "In Stock." We shall see if that's true and how long they take to ship. Can't wait to get them to the course and begin the transition work from heavy steel shaft to a more body-friendly graphite shaft and those exceptional feeling club heads with V-soles.

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and experiences in this thread.

my dad just texted me saying he ordered a zx5/7 combo with Miazaki shafts! now to get my brother to do the same.

my dad just texted me saying he ordered a zx5/7 combo with Miazaki shafts! now to get my brother to do the same.
Way to go Dad!! It's a ZX family! Lol

That set my buddy put together has a Miazaki in the ZX5 4i, and then I can't remember what the rest are. People love those shafts.

Way to go Dad!! It's a ZX family! Lol

That set my buddy put together has a Miazaki in the ZX5 4i, and then I can't remember what the rest are. People love those shafts.
Yeah I'm stoked for him. The last graphite shafts he played was in a set of Daiwa's in the 90s.

First post on THP (after years on three other golf forums). Found this thread while doing my due diligence on the ZX5/ZX7 release and wanted to share these thoughts with everyone.

I was fortunate to hit the short irons from a demo set of ZX7s at a Golf Galaxy a few weeks ago and was completely blown away. First time I'd ever held a Srixon iron in my hand. The feel of the 8-PW shots rivaled that of my MP-33s. I simply could not believe how solid and soft the ZX7 heads felt --- swing after swing after swing.

Due to some shoulder problems, cortisone shots, ortho advice, getting older, etc., I had decided it was time to hang up the S300s and find an iron head/graphite shaft combination that would allow me to play more golf with less pain/wear and tear on the body and joints. I was 100% set to order JPX 921 Forged with i95 Steelfibers -- until I hit about 30 shots with those ZX7s at GG (with stock Modus 120 S shaft). That experience was an eye-opener.

So ... I've spent the past three weeks scouring web sites and YouTube channels, researching reviews, players testimonials, technical specs and everything possible about the ZX5/ZX7 irons. Then, lol, I found this 70+ page thread on THP! I've read every page of it two or three times and feel like I already know about half the posters in this thread. The result has been maddening debates with myself on all ZX7, no ... all ZX5, no ... a combo set ... for three or four days and nights. Whew, you guys had me going back and forth like a ping pong ball before, finally, pulling the trigger last night on an order on the Srixon site.

There is now a ZX5 4-7/ZX7 8-AW combo set (Recoils) being processed with my name on it. The Srixon site showed that set and AW as "In Stock." We shall see if that's true and how long they take to ship. Can't wait to get them to the course and begin the transition work from heavy steel shaft to a more body-friendly graphite shaft and those exceptional feeling club heads with V-soles.

:welcome: And a smaller pocket book.

Welcome to THP! Great first post. I think you nailed to combo set makeup, and Recoil is a wonderful shaft. Thanks for posting and I look forward to hearing how you like them.

I did not know Miyazaki produces irons shafts. My guess is that your dad will really enjoy his new set.

I just want to give a shout out to the forgiveness of the ZX5. My friend is going through a bit of the long irons yippyshankswtfwasthats and he put a couple gawd awful swings on a couple on long par 3's today that really did quite well considering. I mean, we were chuckling, but he was putting! 😆

Let my best freshman take the 5-7-P of the 5’s and 7’s that I wrote the homepage article on and trial them as he’s looking for irons and Cleveland/Srixon does high schoolers right. He KNEW the 7’s were the ones and didn’t want to take the 5’s....until yesterday when he admitted I was right on the 5’s for him. :ROFLMAO:

It’s like I know things about fitting people and golf equipment and stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let my best freshman take the 5-7-P of the 5’s and 7’s that I wrote the homepage article on and trial them as he’s looking for irons and Cleveland/Srixon does high schoolers right. He KNEW the 7’s were the ones and didn’t want to take the 5’s....until yesterday when he admitted I was right on the 5’s for him. :ROFLMAO:

It’s like I know things about fitting people and golf equipment and stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

nah, high schoolers know everything.

Back