Club Champion Goes Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Nick Sherburne joins the show to talk about all things club fitting.

Continue reading...

Nick is my SOUND IS FEEL spirit animal!!! :love:

15-20 hours a week on golf.

lol

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Great interview @Canadan!

Club Champion is a really cool company. Cool to learn a bit more about them.

Great interview @Canadan!

Club Champion is a really cool company. Cool to learn a bit more about them.
Nice to get this one out there after @Jman's piece on their putter fitting.

It's also always fun to hear about a guy from a group like that geek out about equipment just as much as we do haha - Imagine being the guy that gets to pick an entire wall of heads and shafts?!

Really enjoyed this episode. Nick is fun

I really enjoyed that interview @Canadan! @Club Champion does it right and gets the customer service. Can you ask Nick the next time you do the podcast with him how they train the fitters and what they have to go through to be a CC fitter. It is mind boggling to me all the combos they have.

I really enjoyed that interview @Canadan! @Club Champion does it right and gets the customer service. Can you ask Nick the next time you do the podcast with him how they train the fitters and what they have to go through to be a CC fitter. It is mind boggling to me all the combos they have.
Nick is actually the Dean of Club Champion University. Pretty cool training program.

Nick is actually the Dean of Club Champion University. Pretty cool training program.

That would be cool to hear someday!

@Canadan really enjoyed this episode.

Really good listen. A couple things Nick said kind of blew my mind. I did not expect him to say the most important fitting was putter definitely thought it would be driver. Also wasn’t expecting that shafts were the most important part of the fitting.

Oh and the F3 swing weighted club haha that thing has to feel like a sledge hammer

Great podcast as always.
Without fail, the guest always makes me think at the end of the show.
This week it was when the Club Champion guy was talking about that golfers would not know what “feel” was if you were blindfolded/headphones in and hitting shots with the club/shaft that you were judging.
I really want to test this out somehow

Really good listen. A couple things Nick said kind of blew my mind. I did not expect him to say the most important fitting was putter definitely thought it would be driver. Also wasn’t expecting that shafts were the most important part of the fitting.

Oh and the F3 swing weighted club haha that thing has to feel like a sledge hammer
Putter fittings FTMFW!

And is it bad that the F3 thing had me looking at my extras bags and going :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Great podcast as always.
Without fail, the guest always makes me think at the end of the show.
This week it was when the Club Champion guy was talking about that golfers would not know what “feel” was if you were blindfolded/headphones in and hitting shots with the club/shaft that you were judging.
I really want to test this out somehow
As someone who’s done it to 15 golfers on the greens, Nick nailed it. I’ve also put noise canceling headphones on my HS kids at the range and broken their minds. Sound is feel.

This was a good listen. I would love to go through Fitting University at some point. Maybe I will have a retirement career as a club fitter. I definitely agree with the perspective that the shaft is the most important thing in a fitting.

Listened on the flight back yesterday, really enjoyed the conversation in this one.

Great episode as usual! Love to hear CC is continuing to expand which tells me the fitting message is being heeded. I’ve got an action plan for a putter fitting with CC which I’m sure will help my game!

Great show as usual, well done @Canadan

The CC founder claims that players should invest in getting fit for clubs, but he says nothing about investing in instruction and, or, practice. From a pure golf perspective, for consistently good shots technique matters much more so than equipment. Next time a THP representative interviews the CC founder, please ask him about technique and whether CC has any plans to offer technique instruction.
My guess is that lots of CC customers are buying in to the fitting experience but then realizing that on the course their shots and scores remain the same.

As always, great listen. Nick seems like a general golf nut like the rest of us. I have had their fitting done and was impressed by the detail and results. Waiting on a putter fitting in the coming weeks. The one near us is absolutely slammed.

As always, great listen. Nick seems like a general golf nut like the rest of us. I have had their fitting done and was impressed by the detail and results. Waiting on a putter fitting in the coming weeks. The one near us is absolutely slammed.
Putter fitting is SO good.

Back