BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Local restaurant founder and a place we have done a THP Event dinner at called Peg Leg Porker. Fantastic food and the new books is written by him.

Don't know anything about the book, BUT I can vouch for the food!! OUSTANDING!!

So for the holidays I got a pellet grill/smoker. I have only used charcoal smokers before. I am excited to get this thing rolling now that the weather has gotten better.

3 lb. Smoked meatloaf tonight!
20210419_192312.jpg
😎

I haven't had smoked meatloaf but i certainly have my eye on it - any tips/tricks to make sure it's moist in the end? How long do you smoke it?

I haven't had smoked meatloaf but i certainly have my eye on it - any tips/tricks to make sure it's moist in the end? How long do you smoke it?

I smoke it to about 160° internal temp and has always been crazy moist

225° and was about 3 1/2 hours to get to 155° internal temperature. Pulled it off and let it sit for 15 minutes and it hit 160°. Coated it with a Jack Daniels/ red pepper glaze for a little heat.

I had ordered 2 full pork butts from Safeway to smoke this weekend but I just called and they said they lost my order and they had sold out (sale ends tomorrow). I will be upset if I don't end up getting any!

Grilled some chicken with just kinders Garlic Salt Butter rub and holy hell were they delicious

Did a pork butt hot and fast on the Recteq 680 today for chili verde

started at 8:15 at 280° and just got done, so 7.5 hrs to 203° And it's into the cooler.

doesn't have the bark like a low and slow cook but the flavor is great!
1AC3179E-4181-408C-A91C-4E704145ABD3.jpeg15B511D9-2BC2-401E-B758-65B586482D3D.jpeg

I am trying my first brisket on the traeger tomorrow at 6am. Got everything ready to go!

Here we go!
DE63595B-5311-4E84-9450-0E6A3B78D5BE.jpeg

MIL's bday bbq
20210424_130605.jpg

20210424_144349.jpg

This thread needs a "mouth watering" icon.

How's it going?

It is done and it is a bit over done lol. Temp got to 173. Not too bad but I should have checked it a bit more. We were running around. Still good and super easy to cook. I am going to grab tri tip from Costco next week. I want to make some ribs soon also.

It is done and it is a bit over done lol. Temp got to 173. Not too bad but I should have checked it a bit more. We were running around. Still good and super easy to cook. I am going to grab tri tip from Costco next week. I want to make some ribs soon also.
Brisket usually isn't done until over 200*. Has to probe tender - sounds like it was far from done.

Brisket usually isn't done until over 200*. Has to probe tender - sounds like it was far from done.

agreed, are you sure it's done? I usually go to 203° and check it to probe like butter before it goes in the cooler 👍

Back