I know you played the Xtreme last year. Did you get to test the XB next to the Rad? I'm really starting to focus on those two drivers, haven't hit them though. I feel like coming from G400, XB would be the most similar.
I did and after testing I decided to try something different. The XB is fantastic but FOR ME I think it launches too high. Last season I was forced to play the Xtreme at 8* with a low/low shaft and while it worked fantastic the internet golfer in me always felt like I was leaving something on the table. After hitting a couple other brands drivers this season especially that thought was confirmed so I went and tested the regular RAD 10.5* head and found that I could handle it and it gave me some more options to really dial it in.

I know you played the Xtreme last year. Did you get to test the XB next to the Rad? I'm really starting to focus on those two drivers, haven't hit them though. I feel like coming from G400, XB would be the most similar.
I am coming from the G400, fitted to me, and the XB was the right match for me. Went up a touch in loft compared to the G400. The increased launch in the XB at 10.5 countered the decrease in spin I found on it, compared to my 9 deg G400

I am coming from the G400, fitted to me, and the XB was the right match for me. Went up a touch in loft compared to the G400. The increased launch in the XB at 10.5 countered the decrease in spin I found on it, compared to my 9 deg G400

I play my G400 at 9, sometimes I touch lower. Do you know what type of spin you were seeing with that compared to this one? I know you said it was a decrease.

I play my G400 at 9, sometimes I touch lower. Do you know what type of spin you were seeing with that compared to this one? I know you said it was a decrease.
I only hit a few with the G400 during the fittting for the Cobra because I was getting one no matter what ;) but from what I recall it was around 400-500 rpms. I was flirting with 3k with the G400 and was more mid twos with the XB.

This Cobra Radspeed XB with the RDX Blue is beautiful. Sets up perfect. 1/2 day tomorrow get some swings in at the range for Saturday’s round.

A873ED6B-29BB-4DF8-8699-CD581A077EF9.jpeg

8C658047-A655-4117-9AB8-E4A0B30287C1.jpeg

376D961A-B21F-4CBA-98CF-40F37D468E9A.jpeg

E7DA2405-FE23-494E-9C72-C1BB757E9416.jpeg

Last edited:
Maiden on course voyage tomorrow!

I don’t want to jinx myself but had a very very decent range session today with my new 9* XB with RDX Blue. 18 holes tomorrow with Mr. Cobra @OITW. 😀

I did and after testing I decided to try something different. The XB is fantastic but FOR ME I think it launches too high. Last season I was forced to play the Xtreme at 8* with a low/low shaft and while it worked fantastic the internet golfer in me always felt like I was leaving something on the table. After hitting a couple other brands drivers this season especially that thought was confirmed so I went and tested the regular RAD 10.5* head and found that I could handle it and it gave me some more options to really dial it in.
Based on your swings on the simulator I would say a RADSPEED at 10.5* is going to be a weapon in your hands.

Based on your swings on the simulator I would say a RADSPEED at 10.5* is going to be a weapon in your hands.
Hope so, driver apparently is the only swing I have right now haha

I don’t want to jinx myself but had a very very decent range session today with my new 9* XB with RDX Blue. 18 holes tomorrow with Mr. Cobra @OITW. 😀

You were 30 yards past my old tech on Saturday

30 yards longer and 30 yards right or left of my stripe show so there is that 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Felt really dialed in this weekend. Was pretty chilly yesterday, (mid forties) so distance was down a bit relative to Saturday (upper fifties) but found a decent amount of fairways, and every single drive was playable.

Paired with the Attas I get the best results from a controlled smoother swing,

You were 30 yards past my old tech on Saturday

30 yards longer and 30 yards right or left of my stripe show so there is that 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Wasn’t it 40 yards? 😀

XB 9* is a bomber for sure, lower spin than my G400 MAX. I’m calling Cobra today see if I can get a few weights to dial this swingweight in.

Last edited:
First round in the books and I was switching between my Mavrik and the Radspeed. Had the lefts pretty good and my score reflected it. The potential with this one is there though for sure. Not 100% sold on the RDX combo for me yet. Planning on reshafting one of my trusty HZRDUS Yellows into a Cobra adapter to see how that compares since I've been playing that shaft for a long time. Of course I could get it on the range and change my mind all over again.

Was striping it pretty good on the range, but thanks to a frost delay I got so sit for a while in between that and teeing off. Going to spend more time at the range on my SC200 (once the damn replacement remote comes in) and get this one dialed in. There's definitely some great potential with this one. I'm a little more consistent with the Mavrik so far but to be expected switching to something new.

I’m calling Cobra today see if I can get a few weights to dial this swingweight in.

Interested to see how they respond. As I continue to tinker, I may need to go a little heavier. Was planning on using lead tape but always prefer weights when possible.

First round in the books and I was switching between my Mavrik and the Radspeed. Had the lefts pretty good and my score reflected it. The potential with this one is there though for sure. Not 100% sold on the RDX combo for me yet. Planning on reshafting one of my trusty HZRDUS Yellows into a Cobra adapter to see how that compares since I've been playing that shaft for a long time. Of course I could get it on the range and change my mind all over again.

Was striping it pretty good on the range, but thanks to a frost delay I got so sit for a while in between that and teeing off. Going to spend more time at the range on my SC200 (once the damn replacement remote comes in) and get this one dialed in. There's definitely some great potential with this one. I'm a little more consistent with the Mavrik so far but to be expected switching to something new.

Interested to see how they respond. As I continue to tinker, I may need to go a little heavier. Was planning on using lead tape but always prefer weights when possible.

Great customer service by Cobra. They sending me two additional weights (8g and the 12g) for my XB that comes with the 6g standard. I’ll also put on some lead tape until they show up.

Great customer service by Cobra. They sending me two additional weights (8g and the 12g) for my XB that comes with the 6g standard. I’ll also put on some lead tape until they show up.
Guess I should have called! I bought the heavier weights on the website lol

Really excited to get the RADSpeed in hand. Been hitting driver pretty well so far this year and excited to see what RAD can do! Plus ya know...PEACOAT!

Really excited to get the RADSpeed in hand. Been hitting driver pretty well so far this year and excited to see what RAD can do! Plus ya know...PEACOAT!

We saw a glimpse of that ball speed number in the THP Tech Studio with this one. :oops:

The Peacoat is a looker for sure!

We saw a glimpse of that ball speed number in the THP Tech Studio with this one. :oops:
Yep we sure did, excited to see how that translates to the course.

I'd say 296 into the wind is a touch better than "pretty well" :p

Yep we sure did, excited to see how that translates to the course.
I was trying to get @Master Yagley to remove some of the RADSPEED from your driver after watching that. Maybe send you only 1/2 of what everyone else gets???

Back