Cobra KING Tour Irons Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Late in 2020, Cobra released the KING Tour irons with Mim Technology. Last month, they followed that with the launch of the Copper Series, which featured this set in a new finish that is rather unique. We have received numerous requests to test these out in the THP Tech Studio, so here is another episode of TESTED! where you see the swings and then we breakdown the data.

In the video we below we breakdown the look and then hop into the hitting bay and take shots with multiple irons. From there we will show the data from each and go over what stands out.

Lots to unpack in this video, but starting with the same question we asked in the video. Which of the two striking finishes is your favorite? What do you think stands out in this set that would make you want to put them in the bag?

For more information...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good review @Canadan, really excited to see how these work for everyone in the Morgan Cup.

Holy consistency!

I can't wait to get my copper Cobras!

That copper has me drooling, good thing I fully committed to the OL Revolution!😎

Good review. The King tours are pretty awesome. When they first came out I was very meh, but I hit them again and was very impressed.

I see a lot of copper or Radspeed in Morgan Cup bags. I would bag the copper tours. If I could only bag that golf swing. Watching @Canadan in the tech studio has help me with my swing.

That is deep for an 8 iron and 5 iron! Lovely swing

Been saying it for a very very long time now, these irons are amazing. Small profile, big feel, deceiving power, and maybe the most durable players irons ever (non copper).

One of the most under talked about players irons of the year so far in my opinion.

This is good stuff @Canadan, can’t wait to get these irons in hand myself!

One of the most under talked about players irons of the year so far in my opinion.
The addition of the copper series does a spectacular job of letting the iron talk loudly to the individual even on the rack, let alone in a golf bag.

It's stunning.

Great review, @Canadan. I am right there with @Jman. These irons should be on the short list for every person considering a player cavity-type profile.

@Canadan you are playing the X forged correct? How do you think these compare to those for you? I know they are not a perfect fit but how would you compare them in fell and performance?

I will add, that I love the head shape of this iron. I prefer the slightly longer blade length

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, the sound was awesome. So solid.

Great review, Dan. I really liked seeing numbers from the 5. With the consistency numbers being what they were with a shaft that was not the best fit, I'd love to see more data with your shafts in the heads.

Great review, @Canadan. I am right there with @Jman. These irons should be on the short list for every person considering a player cavity-type profile.
You guys are making it hard to save any money. These in copper are sweeeeeeet.

Who are we thinking is seeking these irons and the 'not a lot of variance on feedback around the face'? A consistency on strike feedback, is basically a lack of feedback, and was my initial complaint about them. I'm not saying these are meant for me, but based on the original thread and comments by members and staff (edit: or maybe just how I read them?), I'm confused on who we think they are actually for.

They sound and feel amazing. And like you mashed it kind of regardless of a some strike wander, and I think that plays towards a little different skill level than was originally discussed with them. So in a players cavity with minimal offset and thinner top line, yet longer and wider sole, and less strike location feedback, compared to everything else out there what player are we thinking they're geared towards? Asking sincerely, if it reads otherwise. I've lent mine out quite a bit and tried to interest others and they've been challenging to pair.

Last edited:
I may struggle with these just a little at first but I’m really looking forward to the consistency. I hate my present setup and these irons are responsible for me choosing the MC with the Golden Ticket.

Do the copper finish and chrome feel the same? Or slightly different?

Do the copper finish and chrome feel the same? Or slightly different?
To me the copper has a slightly softer feel, but both feel incredibly soft

I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can wear the copper finish out between arrival and the Morgan Cup. I'm going to order the 3 and 4 iron since I'll never get rid of this set even if I move from them. This one has meaning.

Which one looks better to you?

08AC1F43-8A37-4D33-960C-7A5C8A8E5FA2.jpeg

Back