TESTED! Tour Edge Exotics 721 Irons

Hello anyone demoed the E721s? Looking for some feedback
Thank you
I keep checking my local shop. They have the 721 demos in but no irons yet. 😞

Seems that the PGASS in Plantation FL., is having a demo day on Thursday from 10am - 2pm.
Plan on passing by...

just went for a fitting this morning at my local shop. I'm a 23+ handicap with current Callaway X18r irons. I really wanted to get new clubs that looked slicked, smaller face. Tried Callaway Apex DCB, Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal. I was hitting them alright, gaining 10-15 yards off my 7 iron. The height and landing angle were still not what I wanted. The fitter decided to throw in the Tour Edge E721 with the 80gram HRZDUS Smoke Black RDX shaft. The first swing went 20 yards further (carry) than my current irons. The dispersion was a lot smaller. The launch angle, ball speed, height, drop angle were all in the numbers the fitter and I wanted. The ball really just launches off the face and most importantly will hold greens. I was also able to shape the ball the way I wanted to which is the main reason why I wanted to stay away from game improvement clubs. I decided to drop my whole mentality of brands and looks and just decided to go on feeling. The club head looked the same as my X18r Callaway irons. Once the handicap drops, which I'm sure it will now, I'll got back and get fitted for some player's irons, until then, I may actually get to enjoy Golf.

just went for a fitting this morning at my local shop. I'm a 23+ handicap with current Callaway X18r irons. I really wanted to get new clubs that looked slicked, smaller face. Tried Callaway Apex DCB, Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal. I was hitting them alright, gaining 10-15 yards off my 7 iron. The height and landing angle were still not what I wanted. The fitter decided to throw in the Tour Edge E721 with the 80gram HRZDUS Smoke Black RDX shaft. The first swing went 20 yards further (carry) than my current irons. The dispersion was a lot smaller. The launch angle, ball speed, height, drop angle were all in the numbers the fitter and I wanted. The ball really just launches off the face and most importantly will hold greens. I was also able to shape the ball the way I wanted to which is the main reason why I wanted to stay away from game improvement clubs. I decided to drop my whole mentality of brands and looks and just decided to go on feeling. The club head looked the same as my X18r Callaway irons. Once the handicap drops, which I'm sure it will now, I'll got back and get fitted for some player's irons, until then, I may actually get to enjoy Golf.
This is great stuff!

I am Jonesing for these Irons bad.......

They are available from their website now and I was told in stock.
Still not on the demo/trial page though :(

regardless still might order a 7-GW,AW set :cool:

Sorry to follow up to my own post but to those who have seen the e version, how bulky looking is it? (For example I thought the zx4 was a bit much).

Sorry to follow up to my own post but to those who have seen the e version, how bulky looking is it? (For example I thought the zx4 was a bit much).
Larger than the ZX5 and slightly smaller sole than the zx4.

74F3D71E-988B-492F-9DE6-A00AFF871CF0.jpeg

is the order ZX4, ZX5, 721?

No sir. 721, ZX5 and then ZX4. 721 looks larger in the image, and heel to toe it might be, but sole is slightly thinner than the ZX4.

No sir. 721, ZX5 and then ZX4. 721 looks larger in the image, and heel to toe it might be, but sole is slightly thinner than the ZX4.

I try and measure the Sole width in the center, toe height and blade length. It’s not scientific with calipers (I use a soft measuring tape).

here are some recent ones I’ve measured to give you an idea if how the E721 measures.

E721
Face width 3 1/8”
Sole width 7/8”
Toe height 2 1/4”

APEx DCB
Face 3”
Sole 7/8”
Toe height 2 1/8”

ZX4
Face: 3”
Sole: 1 1/8”
Toe height: 2 1/16”

Uhx
Face 3”
Sole 7/8”
Toe 2 1/8”

G700
Face 3 1/4
Sole 1 1/8
Toe 2 1/8”

I210
Face 2 7/8”
Sole 7/8”
Toe 2 1/8”

G710
Face 3 1/8”
Sole 1 1/8”
Toe 2 1/8”

B21
Face 3”
Sole 1”
Toe 2 1/8”

C521
Face 3 1/4”
Sole 1”
Toe 2 3/16”

G425
Face 3”
Sole 1”
Toe 2”

RadSpeed
Face 3”
Sole 1” to very end
Toe 2”

If you want any others let me know. I have a bunch measured.

Question for @Canadan - so to look just at your numbers, the c spun less even though it's a weaker loft. That said, you hit a cut with the e and had a low spin draw with the c... Would your guess be if you'd hit say 20 equal shots with each that you'd have seen the c launch a little higher and the spin be about the same?

I keep looking at this video, there's very little testing on these except for you and 2nd swing. Both show the e with lesser loft spinning more. I play some very tight lie courses where the sole on the e looks like it might bounce too much but damn you're talking about a reasonably high spin rocket launcher in the e. I guess I'm just asking if you think the e would spin more than the c, loft for loft, strike for strike.

Thanks

Question for @Canadan - so to look just at your numbers, the c spun less even though it's a weaker loft. That said, you hit a cut with the e and had a low spin draw with the c... Would your guess be if you'd hit say 20 equal shots with each that you'd have seen the c launch a little higher and the spin be about the same?

I keep looking at this video, there's very little testing on these except for you and 2nd swing. Both show the e with lesser loft spinning more. I play some very tight lie courses where the sole on the e looks like it might bounce too much but damn you're talking about a reasonably high spin rocket launcher in the e. I guess I'm just asking if you think the e would spin more than the c, loft for loft, strike for strike.

Thanks
I think it's worth taking into consideration that the design concepts of the two irons are different, and SHOULD present different numbers if all things are equal. Whether it was a combination of me just getting along with one better than the other, or whatever it may be, I'm always glad to show my unedited results (minus some technical difficulties here and there) so you can judge for yourself.

It could be (for me) something as simple as weight balancing or swing weighting to get to where I want to be with the E.
It could be totally different for someone else.

There is a very good chance I'll be able to shed some light on this soon, based on who we have scheduled for the Off Course Podcast. If I can make it happen, I'll ask your question so you can gain some confidence.

Thanks so much. And I'd say your results were right in line with that of Thomas Campbell at 2nd swing, slightly longer, higher spin on the e. It's somewhat fascinating what they've done with that e profile. I just never do very well with bulky sole irons.

I look for this thread to grow very soon

Now to study shaft options. This should be fun. If the diamond face tech in irons is as good as it is in driver these should be fun to play.

Just went back and watched the Video again....probably 6th or 7th time over all, LOVE the height and carry distance Dan got from these irons and looking to see the shaft more this time and Make sure i heard he was playing the Bridgestone ball in the video. the C721 is dead set in my scope for this. Gotta say @Canadan, thank you for being specific in your explanations in testing this one....much appreciated

Currently playing the JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro and considering a set of the C721 or E721. Just wondering which one would fit my profile. Play to about a 12 - 14 handicap and a senior golfer. Always looking for more distance without sacrificing dispersion. Any thoughts?

Back