2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Monday everyone. Looking to continue my good week last week. Planning for 3 days of dumbbell workouts, 3 days of yoga, one day off. I need to increase my flexibility, as yoga last week was very telling that I have a long way to go. I do feel so much better if I stay in my routine, especially since I'm at my desk for 8+ hours a day.

Really makes you shake your head.

And walking and carrying 18 isn't as bad when your squatting in the high 3s and deadlifting in the 4s. Who'd have thought? :LOL:
Almost like being stronger makes everything better. After all, strength is the most important thing in life. That is true whether we want it to be or not.

Deadlifts tonight were hard, by design. 550, 2x3 (short intermission in the first set), then 515x3 for a third set. Finished with RDLs. Yay training.

Presses tonight. 185x6; 200x3; 210x3 (which I think is a PR). Then bench presses, 260, 4x3, lat pulldowns and band pull aparts. Yay training.

Battling some sciatica issues but I’m heading back to the gym to get back after it.

Mixed bag Wednesday
Light Squats 290x5x2
Overhead Press 137.5x3x5 Pretty good. Not great. But done.
Deadlift 430x1. Got the first rep up slow. Could bend the bar on the second but couldn't break the weight off the ground. That's a lot of weight!

Mixed bag Wednesday
Light Squats 290x5x2
Overhead Press 137.5x3x5 Pretty good. Not great. But done.
Deadlift 430x1. Got the first rep up slow. Could bend the bar on the second but couldn't break the weight off the ground. That's a lot of weight!
Nice work on the presses. Probably time to up the deadlift stress. Probably need more deadlift more often or mix in halting deadlifts. 430x1 isn't light, so take some pride in that.

Nice work on the presses. Probably time to up the deadlift stress. Probably need more deadlift more often or mix in halting deadlifts. 430x1 isn't light, so take some pride in that.
I don't think I would call it a true 1RM, but yes it definitely isn't light. Almost "Level 4" engineer haha 🤪🤪

Well back to the gym I go. Fist day back. Just having a hard time with motivation at the home gym. Today was good. Always a challenge to not over do it the first day. Hopefully I did ok with that. Time for a shower and it’s off to walk 18.

Back on the grind with my diet and exercise again.. need to stick to my routine

Almost like being stronger makes everything better. After all, strength is the most important thing in life. That is true whether we want it to be or not.

It will be.

I’d stock some silver and a couple of ounces of gold too. Our good looks and boyish charm will only go so far.

Presses tonight. 185x6; 200x3; 210x3 (which I think is a PR). Then bench presses, 260, 4x3, lat pulldowns and band pull aparts. Yay training.

I’m not sure what presses you are talking about other then bench? You speak a language foreign to me even though I work my ass out.

I did get 260x3x2x2x1. Lol. I don’t know what that means other than it was heavy and I couldn’t get the last rep up. I was trying for 3x3.

I have impressive arms now, (hands off @Hamfist !-well this might be your first mention on this thread, 🤣). I’ve extrapolated my numbers and my max (with legs I can’t use) is 409. I’d be surprised if I could get 350 off my chest without using legs.

I’m not sure what presses you are talking about other then bench? You speak a language foreign to me even though I work my ass out.

I did get 260x3x2x2x1. Lol. I don’t know what that means other than it was heavy and I couldn’t get the last rep up. I was trying for 3x3.

I have impressive arms now, (hands off @Hamfist !-well this might be your first mention on this thread, 🤣). I’ve extrapolated my numbers and my max (with legs I can’t use) is 409. I’d be surprised if I could get 350 off my chest without using legs.

Presses are better know as standing overhead presses.

Short workout today. Forgot some things at home and had to swing there before work.

Squats 380X5 - Heavy, but a pretty good set. Getting the gumption to start that last rep after a tough 4th rep is always difficult, but I did it!
Bench press 212.5x5x3 - Done and done.

Heavy beer curls at the NFL draft tonight.

Second day back in the gym. Honestly the toughest thing for me right now is not over doing it. I’ve been a gym rat for almost 40 years. It’s easy to get sucked in to working out like you’ve been at it solid. A year off is a long ways from the routines I want to do. So far I’m behaving, feels good.

Second day back in the gym. Honestly the toughest thing for me right now is not over doing it. I’ve been a gym rat for almost 40 years. It’s easy to get sucked in to working out like you’ve been at it solid. A year off is a long ways from the routines I want to do. So far I’m behaving, feels good.

I took 20 years off, went back in and did an all-in workout first one. Day 2 I couldn’t even bend my elbows, 🤣.

It is really rinse and repeat. I am in a hotel this weekend as I am at my son's college graduation. Even in a Hampton Inn you can get a good workout in. And there is always a walk or run to get the cardio. Which is needed .....cause I am planning on partying my butt off later.
He is a twin and his sisters graduation is in another week. Two off the payroll. Yeahhhhh.

Closing in on weight loss goal of 100#! Less than 10 to go. Bulking up and slimming down. Win/win.

Women I know are generally aggravating the hell out of me lately so lots of late night frustration working out is helping. 🤣

I’d post a selfie but no one wants to see it, 😂. But for those I’ve met in the past, I look a little different.

I took 20 years off, went back in and did an all-in workout first one. Day 2 I couldn’t even bend my elbows, 🤣.
Yeah I e done that to many times. Trying to be patient so I can keep going.

Well day 3 is in the books. Today was tougher to not over do it. My brain wants to do my workouts of the past. My body keeps reminding me it’s not my body from the past. :D

Meh it's Monday. Too many beer curls and not enough sleep over the weekend.

Week 5 TM Squat Volume Day 345x5x5. Pretty good. Heavy!
Overhead press 140x3x4, 2, 1 - These were rough. Very slow moving. Almost passed out on the last reps o_O. Might be time to be pressing (overhead and bench) more. 4 day split but doing it 3 days a week might be the next move.

With all the rest and heavy sets, that was all for today.

Man, really have slid from the routine with LD competition prep taking the driver seat these past two weeks. Back at it again today after work. Time to get back in the full routine, get my supplement routine back, and get back to feeling strong 🤙

5 x 10 spoto press @ 65%
High bar squat 1 x 20 @ 50% (seriously ... the guy who wrote this for me hates me with this :ROFLMAO:)
4 x 10 Close Grip @ 55%
Pullups + Dips 3x10
Front/Side/Reverse Flys 4x15
Incline Flys 3 x 15

Here's to not being able to move my arms tomorrow, boys!! :ROFLMAO:

And it better be the last!!!
P.S. I'll be as handsy as I feel like, thank you very much.

And it better be the last!!!
P.S. I'll be as handsy as I feel like, thank you very much.

Be prepared to walk and carry then!

Be prepared to walk and carry then!
I will ride alone, then. I'll make you run after the cart to get your beer. I'm all about you being healthy, you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back