Do you consider the V to have slight toe hang or heavy toe hang? The Mizuno website is confusing on the subject. Their graphic says the V has slight to moderate toe hang but the ddescription below that says it has maximum toe hang?

I'm looking for a 30* toe hang.

Will moving the weights around change this?

When I played with the weights it only did a few degrees, enough you could see when you looked closely but it wasn’t a big shift. If you can find one in a store they should let you play with it.

I’m contemplating getting a II and sending it out for a new neck since I want to be in the 10-20 range.

Just a quick hit here.....

Been really busy with work gearing up. Spring sports playoffs starting... covid delaying things..... etc haha.

but a constant that has continued is the fact that I love this putter haha. Got out the other day with my buddies for a birthday round (one of my buddies), and they hadn't seen me putt so well before.... By the end of the round they were giving me the 3-5 footers for par.... no questions haha.

Still haven't replaced the grip or tweaked the loft, but I'm making it work :love::love:

Will moving the weights around change this?
I played with the weights on my VI, which is face-balanced, putting the 3g in the heel and the 13g in the toe to get some toe-hang. It only made a difference of a couple degrees at most, but definitely changed the way it performed. I think @Jman did similar with his V, putting the 13g in the heel and the 3g in the toe, with similar results, little visual change in toe-hang, but a noticeable change in performance.

I played with the weights on my VI, which is face-balanced, putting the 3g in the heel and the 13g in the toe to get some toe-hang. It only made a difference of a couple degrees at most, but definitely changed the way it performed. I think @Jman did similar with his V, putting the 13g in the heel and the 3g in the toe, with similar results, little visual change in toe-hang, but a noticeable change in performance.
Bingo. Visual hang will barely move, feel and flow in stroke though does change, and I saw it on SAM recently

Thanks friends! I have a VI on the way and will muck with the weights.

Thanks friends! I have a VI on the way and will muck with the weights.
By the way, unlike how the weight change worked for @Jman , it didn't work for me. Definitely worth experimenting with, but I had to put them back to the original positions.

LOL! That's not helping. ;)

It will be what it will be. I have a new putter on the way from my Club Champion fitting that should work the best based on the fitting but I wouldn't mind having some backup.

The fitting called for 30* toe hang, which is not much. Most of the putters I own are face balanced and the one I used as the gamer during the fitting didn't do as well as the final Sik putter.

I've been looking at the Mizuno putters since initial release, but none of them really felt right.

I've been testing in store, the IV and V since they released, and have waited until I was sure, to pull the trigger.

I may not have made the Mizuno/Myrtle experience. But, I do visit my buddy who is a member at Caledonia, twice a year. We were in PGA superstor this evening, and I made my final decision.

We'll see how her maiden voyage goes, at True Blue and Caledonia tomorrow.

20210429_205552.jpg
20210429_205605.jpg

I've been looking at the Mizuno putters since initial release, but none of them really felt right.

I've been testing in store, the IV and V since they released, and have waited until I was sure, to pull the trigger.

I may not have made the Mizuno/Myrtle experience. But, I do visit my buddy who is a member at Caledonia, twice a year. We were in PGA superstor this evening, and I made my final decision.

We'll see how her maiden voyage goes, at True Blue and Caledonia tomorrow.

View attachment 9005865
View attachment 9005867
Nice choice..

Really ready to get this back out on course. There’s a comfort to the V that makes me smile, even if I’m still not used to how unreal the roll is now that it’s at 1* of loft for me.

My M CRAFT was on fire during my California trip! had two long putt birdies in a round with that thing and the face is crisp and clean. Great weight and a nice quick roll off a well struck putt.

My VI is still doing great. I put a new grip on it recently, Lamkin SinkFit Pistol, a bit bigger, with less taper, and I'm glad to say that after a couple of rounds with it the VI is working just as well as before, and it is a more comfortable feel in my hands.

index.php

index.php

My VI is still doing great. I put a new grip on it recently, Lamkin SinkFit Pistol, a bit bigger, with less taper, and I'm glad to say that after a couple of rounds with it the VI is working just as well as before, and it is a more comfortable feel in my hands.

index.php

index.php

Colorways on that grip are a perfect match for Mizuno - looks fantastic!

My love affair with this “compact players mallet” lives on.

I’m not all that set on the One Step in it as during the monsoons I’ve bounced back and forth from it to a Stability Tour in practice and I really think I prefer the Stability, so that change may happen.

After having it bent to 1* of loft though. :love:

So far this year I've added 2 Mizuno clubs to my bag and one of them being the V.
I never really thought I'd buy a Mizuno putter but THP convinced me. I've always been searching for that scientific next engineering thing that's going to get my ball rolling into the hole so I was sceptical that buying a putter based on looks and feel was going to help my putting.
How wrong I was, just the good vibes that this putter gives me over the ball helps me to trust my line and focus on pace. Without a doubt my putting is by far the best it has ever been. I was very bad on the greens but I think it's fair to say that it's a part of my game that I can now rely on. The stats speak for themselves. Thank you all of you for convincing me and I hope others also give it a shot!
cd8968888c04fb0a1df36e5643fcbbe5.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

@Jman I need to see some head to head comparison of the V vs the Cobra Torino.

I’ll send it back if I don’t like it🤣

Hey @Canadan guess what’s in the bag today….

I was rolling this one last night and I've got to admit that the feel off the V is better than the IV. It's just so darn good. I think my eyes like lining up the IV better however. I'm still struggling with the sight lines on a mallet.

Mizuno putter.....Hmmmm

Back