What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

20210427_020746.jpg

Played 18, THP, couple YouTube videos, and put a bag together for tomorrow's course.

Lesson scheduled for later this afternoon

Got two wedges regripped and bought the “buy 3 get 1 free” bundle of 48 Chrome Softs at my local mom and pop golf shop.

Scheduled a fitting for wood/hybrids and a loft/lie/gap check for irons. They are really booked up, I had to go out into June!

House shipment from Nebraska to Florida arrived yesterday. First thing I looked for was clubs for me and Mrs TLuke, all is good. Plus all the grilling tools. Opening boxes from the movers is like Christmas morning. Never gonna’ know what’s in the box!

Scheduled a fitting for wood/hybrids and a loft/lie/gap check for irons. They are really booked up, I had to go out into June!

He's back. I even know where Pottsville PA is. My family drove through there when I was 12. I thought the name was funny.

I went to the driving range yesterday and had a "Hulk Smash" swing speed session. It was necessary. And I got a bucket hat. Gotta protect the ears. Couldn't find a golf one so it's a Mercedes-Petronas racing team hat. lol

Great practice session at LPGA range today. Really liking the new Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0 grip I put on my EXO putter too. A374499E-0DBC-4784-9E0C-06226DBA078E.jpeg

He's back. I even know where Pottsville PA is. My family drove through there when I was 12. I thought the name was funny.

I went to the driving range yesterday and had a "Hulk Smash" swing speed session. It was necessary. And I got a bucket hat. Gotta protect the ears. Couldn't find a golf one so it's a Mercedes-Petronas racing team hat. lol

Hey there ITR! Long time. Yeah I've had a bit of an ill advised THP sabbatical, but I'm back! Not gonna say better than ever, but at least no worse? Bummed I haven't been able to play with my PNW crew in so long. I still plan to hit you all up the next time I get the ability to visit and I expect y'all to do the same if you're ever out this way!

Pottsville is PA coal country at its finest...enjoy your Yuengs and wings (y) Seriously though, it's pretty country, even if the towns can be a little rough at times.

Chips and putts on the mat and booked a round for Saturday at a new to me course outside of Philly. Buddy and I will probably play a 2-man scramble there.

Played with the wife, took her to try a bunch of clubs, some club work, tee time for tomorrow, and off course THP.

Range session and virtual lesson with my coach

Cleaned my club grips. Worked on the grooves. Cleaned out my bag. Snacks past their expiration date were a problem. Last, but not least, changed the air in my Clicgear tires.

Range session. First real practice time of the season. Range got new mats. They’re awful. Waaaayyyy too soft. Sink in as soon as you step on it. Any amount of ground force will cause you to sink further. Contact was so inconsistent it was an absolute joke. Can’t get a tee In then like the old mats, and the rubber tees were like 8” high. Completely useless for anything.

I did manage to get some short chip practice and putting practice in though which was important. Always the last to “come around” at the start of the year.

Need to find a new range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got in 18 this afternoon

Checked tracking #. Delivery pushed back from Friday to Monday. :mad:

Hit the practice range and worked on increasing my launch angle on the Driver. By the end of practice I was hitting a launch angle average of 14.3
Club speed, 95 Ball speed 143.4 Carry 146.7 yards smash factor 1.49. Apex height of 88.3 and the spin on average was 2,755

This was way better than what I have been seeing on the course lately. The swing felt real fluid today and 4 hours after the range session I haven't felt any tightness in my lower back. Playing in a Seniors tournament tomorrow and I hope I can bring that swing to it.

Late getting out of work, rushed to course in time to miss opening tee shot. So cold as could be. Thunderstorm rolled past, so light rain Abd high winds. Crazy cool temps for this time of year. 85 dropped into low 70s. Once storm passed it was about perfection fir golf.
Turned my round around playing strong on the back 9 sunset finish. Two real great looks at birdie. Settled for tap in pars.

hit my longest drive in ages on 17. 292 yards. Baby fade to dead center of green.
That felt great.

Back