The 2021 MLB Thread

Giants are playing so well the first month of season. Still probably a year away from being a contender but they have been much better than expected.

yeah but 2 pitches 2 hit guys...he should have been tossed right then. what if the phils had another lefty coming up next?
I think he should have been tossed or at a min. pulled...but the stupid 3 batter min.💩 He's had decent control this year, but has notoriously been wild in years past. I think the first one he meant to come inside it got away and hit Bryce, he was rattled after seeing him bleeding. There is no way he intentionally did that. Why? There is zero bad blood between them, and in a tie game? It's beyond crazy to think that was intentional. He should have and normally would be out of the game, talk to MLB about their new time saver rules. That being said, to EVER throw at anyone, ribs or anywhere is stupid and you deserve to lose your contract.

I think he should have been tossed or at a min. pulled...but the stupid 3 batter min.💩 He's had decent control this year, but has notoriously been wild in years past. I think the first one he meant to come inside it got away and hit Bryce, he was rattled after seeing him bleeding. There is no way he intentionally did that. Why? There is zero bad blood between them, and in a tie game? It's beyond crazy to think that was intentional. He should have and normally would be out of the game, talk to MLB about their new time saver rules. That being said, to EVER throw at anyone, ribs or anywhere is stupid and you deserve to lose your contract.
i agree with most of what you say until the highlighted part. baseball has always been policed by the players. a ball to the thigh or lower back is fine.

i agree with most of what you say until the highlighted part. baseball has always been policed by the players. a ball to the thigh or lower back is fine.
I get that, but I've also seen careers ended because of stupid stuff like that. You can't run over the catcher, slide hard into 2nd to break up the double play, but you can chuck a fastball at 99+ at someone because a pitcher let one fly the day before? Doesn't make sense.

Giants are playing so well the first month of season. Still probably a year away from being a contender but they have been much better than expected.

Starting pitching has been outstanding.

Oh no the Phillies don’t have to face DeGrom in this weekend’s series 🤷‍♂️ looks like I’ll get to see Wheeler in-person on Saturday. Looking forward to a ballpark not at full capacity so I can make my voice heard 😆

Neris drills Arenado in a tie game bottom 9th with 2 outs and bases empty. No warnings given. That should end it.

Neris drills Arenado in a tie game bottom 9th with 2 outs and bases empty. No warnings given. That should end it.

And if it hits his hand and ends his career? I noticed he didn't do it to Tyler O'Neil.... punk move. They deserved to lose.

And if it hits his hand and ends his career? I noticed he didn't do it to Tyler O'Neil.... punk move. They deserved to lose.

It was well off the plate, if anything it would have missed behind him. Perfect execution. The way the Cardinals season is going, they’ll be lucky not to have a player miss time after some bush league garbage. Did you notice the Phillies were missing both players that got plunked? Of course they were going to lose! Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

It was well off the plate, if anything it would have missed behind him. Perfect execution. The way the Cardinals season is going, they’ll be lucky not to have a player miss time after some bush league garbage. Did you notice the Phillies were missing both players that got plunked? Of course they were going to lose! Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.
Pitch had a bad day, he had no control in a tie game when he needed to be his best, the only ball he got over the plate got hammered and gave up the win. What's the vendetta? I haven't heard of any reason to have beef with Philly, didi, or Bryce. :unsure: making mountains out of mole hills. I noticed no one complained on the pitch up on Arenado :unsure:. Yes it hit him high on the shoulder/ back, still stupid.

It's not just being a Stl fan, I hate it no matter who's throwing at another team on purpose. It's a stupid side to the game.

Pitch had a bad day, he had no control in a tie game when he needed to be his best, the only ball he got over the plate got hammered and gave up the win. What's the vendetta? I haven't heard of any reason to have beef with Philly, didi, or Bryce. :unsure: making mountains out of mole hills. I noticed no one complained on the pitch up on Arenado :unsure:. Yes it hit him high on the shoulder/ back, still stupid.
I can get that, but for me it was the pitch to Didi. Guy had no control and you’re coming inside with another fastball?! I thought it was handled perfectly. One HBP from the Phils and now it’s over.

I can get that, but for me it was the pitch to Didi. Guy had no control and you’re coming inside with another fastball?! I thought it was handled perfectly. One HBP from the Phils and now it’s over.
I seriously think he was rattled and wasn't trying to come inside again. I think was trying to go fastball get a pitch up there, and ...

Agreed. It’s over now. Cabrera had no ill intent in those HBPs but I think the way the Phillies handled it was acceptable.

End of the day, series win for the Cardinals so I am happy

I’m having trouble differentiating between the Phillies bullpen and the trash blowing around on the field from the high winds 🤨

Another phillies game ends in fireworks and I LOVED IT :D
Alvarado stresses me out in more ways than one! Tomorrow night I’ll be at my first Phillies game in person since May 2019 when I saw them in Kansas City! I’m not sure if I’ve been to a game at Citizens Bank since before I moved to Kansas City in 2015 🤯

I love baseball as much as anyone and have always hated the DH BUT after watching the DH in the NL and watching the pitchers batting this year....I want the DH full time

You’ll get it next year after the new CBA comes into effect (if there isn’t a strike)

First the bad call on the Brewers couple days ago and now this.

Was at the game. Voice is still hoarse from booing and shouting (from the 400’s)

Rangers take care of the Red Sox today 5-3 which means they won 3 of 4 in the series 🔥

Let's Go!!!
Rangers.gif

Back