Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

wow 10yard, the more I read these durability issues the more I'm thinking to bypass trying these balls. They cost would not seem to justify?

wow 10yard, the more I read these durability issues the more I'm thinking to bypass trying these balls. They cost would not seem to justify?

i was so dissapointed, the ball performed great, great distance, really good spin, great feel, WORST durability i have seen yet. If i was rich and money wasnt a issue i would play them in a heartbeat but thats not the case, 1 zstar/tour i(s)/B330RX will last a entire 18 holes with 1 ball, these i had to toss after 4 holes, not justifiable at all

i was so dissapointed, the ball performed great, great distance, really good spin, great feel, WORST durability i have seen yet. If i was rich and money wasnt a issue i would play them in a heartbeat but thats not the case, 1 zstar/tour i(s)/B330RX will last a entire 18 holes with 1 ball, these i had to toss after 4 holes, not justifiable at all

not sure of your thoughts on the Penta's but golf galazy has buy 2 dozen at $40 and get one free on the 2010 model, averages $27 a dozen, cant beat that

not sure of your thoughts on the Penta's but golf galazy has buy 2 dozen at $40 and get one free on the 2010 model, averages $27 a dozen, cant beat that

o wow, thats a great deal for sure, might have to look into that this weekend. i really like the penta as well

Is it the same cover on both balls or is x slightly firmer?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

o wow, thats a great deal for sure, might have to look into that this weekend. i really like the penta as well

plus, they normally have coupons for $10 off, so then its $70 for 3 dozen!

Is it the same cover on both balls or is x slightly firmer?

the X should be slightly firmer just like the ProV1 and V1x and Zstar and Zstarx

the X should be slightly firmer just like the ProV1 and V1x and Zstar and Zstarx

That was my thinking, saw them on shelf tonight but @ $48 a dozen I'll pass until some additional feedback is available.

Played this ball for 18 holes today and by the end of it, it looked like a petrified fossil...hehe
I love the way the ball plays. Good off the tee, good on the greens, has a nice tone with putting, but I am struggling with the durability quite a bit. I will put up a photo here in a second that was after the first wedge shot of the day on a brand new ball.

More testing still to come.

b8fe972a-af5f-797d.jpg

EDIT: Hard to see in the picture, but the cover is almost melted like. It reminds me of what I did to the old Balata balls. The CG15s were ripping these to shreds today and my grooves are 6 months old. I am going to find the ball after 18 and take a few pics for everybody.

Yikes again. After one shot eh? Looks like somebody put a tatoo on it. Thats worse than the old Platinums...

Here are 3 more pictures. The entire ball is covered like this. I really like the performance and will continue testing, but this is tough on durability compared to what I am used to.

dsc_5893-M.jpg

dsc_5894-M.jpg

dsc_5895-M.jpg

That's kinda scary JB. I love the Nike One Tour D's and was hoping these would be a comparable ball in addition to being durable. Odd because most of the premium balls are seeming to focus on that aspect a lot more. Did you notice an increase in distance over the previous One series?

Would you consider the ball to still be playable, JB?

I would not play that one JR. It would roll funny on straight putts. I would throw that one in the shag bag, if it weren't green! :D

dang JB you need to dull your wedges a little bit!! lol

That's kinda scary JB. I love the Nike One Tour D's and was hoping these would be a comparable ball in addition to being durable. Odd because most of the premium balls are seeming to focus on that aspect a lot more. Did you notice an increase in distance over the previous One series?

Dude, its killing me, because I really like the ball quite a bit. Distance was better than the One series for me by a few yards and I preferred them around the greens as well. I found the One Tour to be more durable (different factory is my reasoning).

Would you consider the ball to still be playable, JB?

I would not still play this ball. Flight characteristics have been altered and some of these are quite deep.

dang JB you need to dull your wedges a little bit!! lol

The biggest one was made with a 7 iron.

I would not play that one JR. It would roll funny on straight putts. I would throw that one in the shag bag, if it weren't green! :D

See, just from the pics, I would have no problem playing that ball, but maybe it is worse IRL.

I would not still play this ball. Flight characteristics have been altered and some of these are quite deep.

Thanks for the response.

That sucks man. The pictures look like a murder scene. Hopefully long term yields a different result? Doesn't sound like it will but can only hope. Sounds other than durability this ball has something special.

Dude, its killing me, because I really like the ball quite a bit. Distance was better than the One series for me by a few yards and I preferred them around the greens as well. I found the One Tour to be more durable (different factory is my reasoning).

The biggest one was made with a 7 iron.

wow a 7 iron? i wanted to give these a try, but i think ill pass now

wow a 7 iron? i wanted to give these a try, but i think ill pass now

I would definitely think they are worth a try and see for yourself. You might find different results.

i notice the green check, you think the durablity could be with the special release balls? and ill have to find a 3 ball sleeve somewhere,

Was going to pick up some of these tomorrow as I am interested in technology of the core. Will let you know if the same happens!

i notice the green check, you think the durablity could be with the special release balls? and ill have to find a 3 ball sleeve somewhere,

I was wondering that myself, the Nike Tours are rather durable for me so I hope that these will be too

Back