A Round @ Windermere With JB

wcueb923

Reaction score
Handicap
First I would Like to extend a HUGE Thank You to JB. He invited me to come up to Windermere for a round of golf with him. You Know I accepted..

Any way started the 85 mile trip bright and early. When I got there I got to meet JB for the first time. In the beginning I was nervous I dont know why. He has to honestly be one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He made me feel like we have known each other for some time and were just reuniting for a visit. This was no ordinary visit either . It brought some Drivers ,Mashie, and the Dinero so I could try them out. Unfortunately I'm not going to the outing but got to hit and play most of the things I wanted to try any way.

After trying them we began our round. So you know I had the Dinero and the Mashie in my bag. They are both so sweet. I was intimidated at first playing with JB because I'm an 18 Handicap and he isn't (haha). It didnt bother him at all and all he did was encourage when I hit a bad shot, and give me a compliments when I hit good ones. It truely was awesome.

I got to pick his brain and ask questions that I have had because of all the reading I do on the web site. He answered no hesitaion. Anyway after a exciting round JB had to go to take care of something at home . We said Goodbye and I began the 85 mile trip back home. You know I was glad it was a long trip back because I got to absorb all the things that were discused along our few hours of play.

Thank you JB, it was a Great time for me. I hope to play with you again in the future. And no the Dinero and the Mashie did not stay in the Bag .:nono:
However I am going to trade in my Hybrid and get The Mashie......

Glad you enjoyed your round man although <sarcasm>JB is a very slow player</sarcasm>

That sounds like a really good time dude! I've played a couple of rounds with JB myself and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. I'm glad you didn't swipe the Dinero (or Mashie) because there are a lot of people on this forum that would be hunting you down if you did!! :D

Good stuff, I'm glad you guys had a good time out there!

That sounds like a really good time dude! I've played a couple of rounds with JB myself and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. I'm glad you didn't swipe the Dinero (or Mashie) because there are a lot of people on this forum that would be hunting you down if you did!! :D

Good stuff, I'm glad you guys had a good time out there!

I would be hunting him down to steal that Dinero for myself!

nice, glad you had a good day!!

Glad you had a fun time. One of my rounds at the Spring outing last year was with JB and Spank, and it was a pleasure to play with both of them. Playing with Ryan H, SeeMoreGuy and AD Willingham was great too, but we didn't see any alligators!

Did you find yourself not taking practice swings after a while?

Sounds like a great day. I have yet to golf with JB but did meet him at the outing and got to talk to him. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable about golf and other topics. Glad you to experience a round with him and some new clubs as well.

Thank you JB, it was a Great time for me. I hope to play with you again in the future. And no the Dinero and the Mashie did not stay in the Bag .:nono:

Thank you for coming out and playing. I am glad you had a good time. You hit that Mashie incredibly well and loved the Dinero, but after watching you putt with the SeeMore, the last thing you need is another putter. Whatever Ted is teaching, keep listening because you were making putts left and right.

Glad you enjoyed your round man although <sarcasm>JB is a very slow player</sarcasm>

We were behind two very slow 4somes it was killing him.lol.... They would not let us pass.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Wcueb. What was the margin of defeat for JB out there today?

Glad you enjoyed yourself Wcueb. What was the margin of defeat for JB out there today?

He hit some incredible shots. He was in the 70's, Stiff and all . He was crushing the ball. He will be writing about his experience with a Nike Ball he played today

I put my score in the What did you shoot today. I think I shot 79. Struggled with anything short (club wise) because I cant bend over due to a bad back. I think WC was around 90. He hit some great shots.

I put my score in the What did you shoot today. I think I shot 79. Struggled with anything short (club wise) because I cant bend over due to a bad back. I think WC was around 90. He hit some great shots.

I did the exact same thing Sunday. It's tough to play when you're back is acting up. I'm hoping it will be fine this weekend. So WC beat Thainers score at Windermere? Haha

Wow, it sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait to meet JB, and the other THP'ers going to the outing.

awesome! i cant wait until next year to meet everyone!

Glad you 2 had a good time. Pretty sweet you go to try out the dinero to!!

He hit some incredible shots. He was in the 70's, Stiff and all . He was crushing the ball. He will be writing about his experience with a Nike Ball he played today

JB seems like and enjoyable golfing partner. How did you like the course? One of the best in Orlando in my opinion.

JB seems like and enjoyable golfing partner. How did you like the course? One of the best in Orlando in my opinion.

Only if people can keep up...hehe (some say I play kind of fast)

It is a hidden gem.

First I would Like to extend a HUGE Thank You to JB. He invited me to come up to Windermere for a round of golf with him. You Know I accepted..

Any way started the 85 mile trip bright and early. When I got there I got to meet JB for the first time. In the beginning I was nervous I dont know why. He has to honestly be one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He made me feel like we have known each other for some time and were just reuniting for a visit. This was no ordinary visit either . It brought some Drivers ,Mashie, and the Dinero so I could try them out. Unfortunately I'm not going to the outing but got to hit and play most of the things I wanted to try any way.

After trying them we began our round. So you know I had the Dinero and the Mashie in my bag. They are both so sweet. I was intimidated at first playing with JB because I'm an 18 Handicap and he isn't (haha). It didnt bother him at all and all he did was encourage when I hit a bad shot, and give me a compliments when I hit good ones. It truely was awesome.

I got to pick his brain and ask questions that I have had because of all the reading I do on the web site. He answered no hesitaion. Anyway after a exciting round JB had to go to take care of something at home . We said Goodbye and I began the 85 mile trip back home. You know I was glad it was a long trip back because I got to absorb all the things that were discused along our few hours of play.

He's one of my favorite people to play with. Since he moved to Orlando, our rounds have been few and far between. He always shows up with cool stuff to hit as well. Glad you had a great time.

One of the things you'll notice is his pace of play. I told him after the second hole on our first round, "I play one way and you play another and I'll never play that fast". It honestly freaked me out how quickly he hit his shots. I had to let him know not to expect that from me. We were fine after that. :D

I like the quick play. Less time to think about things and it's something I've incorporated into my game. I almost never take a practice shot anymore. JB is an excellent playing partner. Makes you feel great for the good shots, encourages you on the bad ones, doesn't complain when things don't go your way, and plays quickly. It's always a pleasure to tee it up with him and I'm glad that you got to enjoy a round together.

Glad you guys had a good time out there today!

Hope the back feels better JB....I fear the same issues that you had today when I play this weekend....not being able to hit any shorter clubs well from the bad back. I may have to putt with the K15.

Glad you guys had a good time out there today!

Hope the back feels better JB....I fear the same issues that you had today when I play this weekend....not being able to hit any shorter clubs well from the bad back. I may have to putt with the K15.

Be careful dude. We have shared via PM that we are having similar issues. I can tell you that as of about 2 hours ago, I was fearing I would not be able to play at the outing. That is how bad it got. I spoke my "back guy" and he walked me through what I will be doing for the swelling issue that is partly causing my pain. I wont kill this thread talking about how wonderful I am with this stuff, of course...Yay me.

Good stuff. I'm a big fan of this golf course and can't wait to play it again.

Thanks man. Ive got a few more sessions of pt before the outing so hopefully they help a bit.

I bet that approach on 18 looked even farther away if your back was hurting a lot eh?

Be careful dude. We have shared via PM that we are having similar issues. I can tell you that as of about 2 hours ago, I was fearing I would not be able to play at the outing. That is how bad it got. I spoke my "back guy" and he walked me through what I will be doing for the swelling issue that is partly causing my pain. I wont kill this thread talking about how wonderful I am with this stuff, of course...Yay me.

Back