JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Having a debate with the kool aid drinking @JDax about who was better (not who is better) career wise. I say Rodgers and it isn't close as he threw a better deep ball, was as accurate or more so and a much quicker release. @JDax is a Saints fan, and says Brees. Now keep in mind that barring Brees also playing at LSU couldn't be a bigger fan. :D

I think that sets the stage properly. But looking at the entire body of work, who you got?

Ugh thats tough. I respect everything Brees has done, Rodgers is such a whiny baby I don't know. As whole I think Brees stats are better

ED638A48-4FA2-4A39-B492-A6C8D1974BA5.jpeg

Rogers for the talent and career he’s able to physically do more than Brees. But Brees was able to squeeze out every bit of his potential. Personality wise Brees in a landslide too.

Rodgers is the most skilled QB I have ever seen play except for Patrick Mahomes.

Rodgers. Brees only wins via the Emmitt Smith argument of pure longevity.

I'm a Saints Homer, but numbers don't lie. Rodgers took over for a stacked team post Favre and Brees turned 7th rounders into superstars. Rodgers will never top the stats Brees put up.

I'm a Saints Homer, but numbers don't lie. Rodgers took over for a stacked team post Favre and Brees turned 7th rounders into superstars. Rodgers will never top the stats Brees put up.

Sure they do. Offense system plays a role too.

Brees had but a single season with more than 25 TDs passing in San Diego while starting four of them.

Rodgers. I'm not overly concerned with the statistics. I just think he is the better QB overall.

Wow!!! This is a tough one.

Brees had but a single season with more than 25 TDs passing in San Diego while starting four of them.
Umm....Who Dat!!!🤪

And he came back from a potential career ending injury. What is your argument for Rodgers?

Rodgers hands down. Now if he would just quit whining I'd be a happy girl.

Umm....Who Dat!!!🤪

And he came back from a potential career ending injury. What is your argument for Rodgers?

Its very simple. He is a better QB in every measurable of actually playing QB.
Better arm, faster release, more mobile, better at reading defenses. Rodgers has benefitted from the best OL in the NFL for years, but it's very easy to say Brees has the stats when you skip the fact that the system played such a large role which is shown by the stats when the team changed.

Both are incredibly great players...

I'm a huge QB fan - both are exceptional players and 1st ballot HOFers. However, I think Brees was a better leader of his teams and it showed. While I'd love Rodgers in MN - He's a big baby just like Cousins is... with zero leadership abilities.

Rodgers. Brees only wins via the Emmitt Smith argument of pure longevity.
did you just take a shot at emmitt? we are no longer friends.

and it's rodgers over bress...close but rodgers is just a better qb. if bress could have gotten that 2nd ring, then i would have gone brees.

Aaron was a better QB. Brees has better numbers, but Aaron could move and was better in the playoffs (which is weird to say).

Also, I am a Packers fan and feel both Brees and Rodgers were all-time talents wasted by their respective franchises.

The are both good. Brees seems like the emotional choice as he seem so much more likeable.. Plus over all Brees had better tools to work with. Rogers was soo good early, and he does things some times that just blow my mind...

This is a tough one..

I will say.....

Joe Montana.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Playing 8 games a year in 72° with no wind or precipitation also helps.

Its very simple. He is a better QB in every measurable of actually playing QB.
Better arm, faster release, more mobile, better at reading defenses. Rodgers has benefitted from the best OL in the NFL for years, but it's very easy to say Brees has the stats when you skip the fact that the system played such a large role which is shown by the stats when the team changed.

Both are incredibly great players...

there's hundreds of guys with better measurables than Brady. 🤷‍♂️

Playing 8 games a year in 72° with no wind or precipitation also helps.
And your defense actively trying to injure opposing quarterbacks helps.

did you just take a shot at emmitt? we are no longer friends.

and it's rodgers over bress...close but rodgers is just a better qb. if bress could have gotten that 2nd ring, then i would have gone brees.
Not at all! His career was remarkable and he seems like a fun guy. I was just making a note about statistical longevity. Brees has played 94 more games than Rodgers.

there's hundreds of guys with better measurables than Brady. 🤷‍♂️

Not in the reading defenses and winning category.
Leading in yards and passing due to a system does not make a QB the greatest or lack thereof. Otherwise the QB for Hawaii would be highly sought of for so many years.

Back