Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

Played 9 holes this evening after a day of yard work. Again, these were in the bag and I shot 35, one under. 6 GIR. I honestly have no good reason why I moved away from these for a time, but I am so glad that I did not sell them. These have the A spot in the bag for the rest of the season.

Played 9 holes this evening after a day of yard work. Again, these were in the bag and I shot 35, one under. 6 GIR. I honestly have no good reason why I moved away from these for a time, but I am so glad that I did not sell them. These have the A spot in the bag for the rest of the season.
(y)

This makes me happy ;)

My fitter had a set of these just in for a customer in the shop. They looked pretty sharp. That said, the chrome look sharp to.

I also hit the copper at a demo day, don’t kick me off the team but I didn’t get a pic. They will wear a bit. I think the patina will look good I think but ymmv.

Given I’m kicking around a RadSpeed 4 iron, I may go back to chrome to keep the non head covers looking similar. Will know in 24 hours 🤩

This makes me happy ;)
Thanks for your help talking me into them.

There is something about the profile that gives me a ton of confidence. The heads set up so clean and square and they have just a touch more length from heel to toe than other player profiles, at least to my eye. Whatever it is, I just feel like I am going to hit them flush shen setting up for a swing.

Thanks for your help talking me into them.

There is something about the profile that gives me a ton of confidence. The heads set up so clean and square and they have just a touch more length from heel to toe than other player profiles, at least to my eye. Whatever it is, I just feel like I am going to hit them flush shen setting up for a swing.
There’s a lot to love about them, and I’ve still not found anything not to love.

I still lust after a set of these. Think I'm good with two iron sets (LOL) already but if I can get my ball striking a little better these may be a mid-summer splurge for me. I love the look of the coppers, but will probably go with chrome as I'd have them bent 1˚ strong as well.

So order is placed for these beauties. Not going to lie I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger knowing I'll probably be a club shorter than I was with the Forged Tec but my last testing session went so well I said the hell with it, lets do this!

Why should I worry about wear? Let’s be honest as an internet golfer they probably won’t be in the bag more than a year right? 🤣🤣
My goal is that you have to pay for your own set of Cobra's next year.

So order is placed for these beauties. Not going to lie I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger knowing I'll probably be a club shorter than I was with the Forged Tec but my last testing session went so well I said the hell with it, lets do this!

The distance loss is something I’ve considered but as long as I can hit a number with them I guess that’s all that matters.

The distance loss is something I’ve considered but as long as I can hit a number with them I guess that’s all that matters.
It’s easy to say but when you have to hit a 9i from 130 it gets a little harder to swallow 😂

It’s easy to say but when you have to hit a 9i from 130 it gets a little harder to swallow 😂

I figure 130 to be my pitching wedge which gaps great with the GW down to SW. A smooth 175 yard 6 iron is really fine at this point. It’s taken me a while to learn that a 190 yard 5 iron really isn’t poor.

Had these out for 9 holes this evening. I keep wavering between these and the Callaway Apex ‘21 Mixed set. I had a really good ball striking round last Saturday with the Callaways, but tonight, I hit 8/9 greens With the Tour MIMs.

These are just so much fun to hit with the Recoil 110s. I think that they are the most fun irons that I have ever played. I keep thinking that the Callaways give me more distance at the top of the bag, but these have a surprising amount of juice in them. Even though the Callaways are stronger lofted, I am not seeing much difference in iron distances. I am going to play these tomorrow, but I really need to settle in on one bag or the other.

They certainly aren’t hollow body distance irons, but I think that you will be surprised. There is plenty of distance in these, especially for the profile. It definitely will not be a repeat of your cb/mb experience.

The Forged Tecs are wonderful in the 5 through 7 irons, but honestly, I don’t think that they hold a candle to these in the 8 iron through wedges. The Tour MIMs are more consistent, at least in my experience.

Last edited:
This is the one iron set I keep thinking about. Really enjoying my Wilson staff cb’s, but I can use a little more forgiveness. When I tested the MIM irons, they took me by surprise how consistent they were.

Also, the profile of this iron at address is hands down the best in its category. The little to no offset from hosel to leading edge is just fantastic!

This is the one iron set I keep thinking about. Really enjoying my Wilson staff cb’s, but I can use a little more forgiveness. When I tested the MIM irons, they took me by surprise how consistent they were.

Also, the profile of this iron at address is hands down the best in its category. The little to no offset from hosel to leading edge is just fantastic!
To my eye, they are a lot like the MP20 MMCs. There appears to be a little more length toe to heel than some of the other player cavities, but at the same time look so clean with respect to flow, offset and top line. I played really well with the MMCs as well. The profile gives me a lot of confidence to go after it.

Fun round today with these in the bag... I had one stretch through the middle of the round where I had 9 consecutive GIR. I sort of lost my swing for a couple of holes at the end, but the irons were not at fault.

There is plenty of speed built into these irons. I was standing on hole 14, a par 3 that measured today at 187 to the flag. It felt like a bit of a stretch for my 6 iron, but I put a nice high draw on it and it carried all the way to the hole and then rolled out on greens that still are not very receptive. It left me with a 23 foot putt for birdie, which, of course, I missed, but an easy par where I thought that I was in between clubs.

E018C150-9552-44AF-9785-8859DDAC4B56.jpeg

The more and more I hear about these, the more excited I am to get them in play!

With some product back order I switched from a 24 degree hybrid to 4-GW Copper in this set. To be honest, the 4 iron seems like it will be fairly challenging.

After hitting some JPX921 Forged for todays round, I cannot wait to get these in the bag. Hopefully soon!

Last edited:
These irons still intrigue me.....

After hitting some JPX921 Forged for todays round, I cannot wait to get these in the bag. Hopefully soon!

I'm with ya! I've had my eye on these for a long time.

I’m still so proud of you for going this direction!

I’m still so proud of you for going this direction!
Thanks my friend! I’m excited to put them in the bag whenever they arrive.

The Duff is playing these pups apparently. Nice!

Back