Haha at Goat…

I'm a Packers fan AND a Rodgers fan, even this week. Been watching since early 1970s.

Where on earth are these Saints fans getting the idea Rodgers was playing on loaded teams? LMFAO. The Packers have won the past 10 years because Rodgers outscored the other team's offense. It sure wasn't because of the defense, especially the coordinators. The worst thing that happened to the Packers long term was winning the 2011 Super Bowl because they thought they could skate by with Dom Capers bend-don't break defensive schemes. I have NEVER seen a team give up more 3rd and long first downs than the Packers defenses the past decade.

And, the offense? O-line has been good, and paid accordingly to protect the GOAT. But, I agreed with Ed Werder, when on ESPN radio prior to last season, said on any other NFL team, Davante Adams would be a "really good #2 wide receiver." The only reason Adams rises above the rest is he runs routes really well. But, that's ALL he does. He doesn't read defenses and doesn't break off routes when Rodgers has to improvise.

Brees has my respect. But, any numbers better than Rodgers are purely due to four more years in the league. This thread should be closed at the mere mention of all-time QB rating, where Rodgers is better than Brees by five points, 103.9 to 98.7.
Are you saying Rodgers is the GOAT?
Your Joking right?

If you have to debate who's better Rodgers or Brees then Rodgers isn't the GOAT!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Are you saying Rodgers is the GOAT?
Your Joking right?

If you have to debate who's better Rodgers or Brees then Rodgers isn't the GOAT!

As a Pats fan, I understand your love and focus on all things Patriots. What sets Packers fans apart is we are actually fans of the NFL. I'll say this again, because you apparently didn't pick up on what I said in the post you responded to.

Aaron Rodgers has put an entire team on his back for over 10 years, playing at a level that is truly remarkable. Brady has had franchise support on both sides of the ball. And, to stick a fork in this conversation, the same way the fork was stuck in the Rodgers vs Brees argument: Rodgers all-time passer rating is 103.9 while Brady is 97.3.

Rodgers is the GOAT. Period.

Hahaha if QB rating is the ultimate measure Tony Romo is better than Elway, Marino, Montana and many others. And Chad Pennington is better than Brett Favre.

This throw is absolutly fricking amazing. Drew Brees never had this in his arsenal. Not saying that makes AR a better QB, just saying. Blows my mind how perfect this throw had to be, not to mention while rolling to the left...and against the Cowboys in the playoffs, so money. If someone asked me what the best pass I ever saw was, I would say this one.

Rodgers.

I think he's 100% unlikable in almost every human likability metric but the man could throw a football, overcome awful coaching and played in the worst conditions so often.

This throw is absolutly fricking amazing. Drew Brees never had this in his arsenal. Not saying that makes AR a better QB, just saying. Blows my mind how perfect this throw had to be, not to mention while rolling to the left...and against the Cowboys in the playoffs, so money. If someone asked me what the best pass I ever saw was, I would say this one.

This whole thread has become a laughable Packers ⭕️ Jerk...

To take the stance that Rodgers is better than Brees is perfectly fine, but to act like Rodgers is elite & Brees is a scrub is just egregious.

Because it appears that Packers fans don’t watch a lot of games with teams other than their own, here are some Brees highlights.

During the course of their careers the NFC South has been the way more competitive division than the NFC North. This is a fact and it’s not in dispute. In the last 10 years, every single organization in the NFC South has played in the Super Bowl.

This debate is very close, to act other wise is short sided.

Wait now we have people arguing rodgers > brady?

You missed that whole thread a year or so ago. I asked who the 2nd best qb of the last 20 years was and lots said Brady!

This whole thread has become a laughable Packers ⭕️ Jerk...

To take the stance that Rodgers is better than Brees is perfectly fine, but to act like Rodgers is elite & Brees is a scrub is just egregious.

Because it appears that Packers fans don’t watch a lot of games with teams other than their own, here are some Brees highlights.

During the course of their careers the NFC South has been the way more competitive division than the NFC North. This is a fact and it’s not in dispute. In the last 10 years, every single organization in the NFC South has played in the Super Bowl.

This debate is very close, to act other wise is short sided.

Missed the mark here. Bay Area born and raised Raider fan here. Couldn't give two shats about the Packers...Just offering an amazing highlight to the thread. So sorry it wasn't a Dwewyyy Bweeezyyyy highlight. :(

Brees has my respect. But, any numbers better than Rodgers are purely due to four more years in the league. This thread should be closed at the mere mention of all-time QB rating, where Rodgers is better than Brees by five points, 103.9 to 98.7.

I get the love of a fan. Hell ask just about anyone here about my support of Wentz. But, do you really think Rodgers is throwing over 30,000 yards and 160 Tds in just 4 years? Even in this pass happy league now, Rodgers isn’t getting close to those numbers.

As a Pats fan, I understand your love and focus on all things Patriots. What sets Packers fans apart is we are actually fans of the NFL. I'll say this again, because you apparently didn't pick up on what I said in the post you responded to.

Aaron Rodgers has put an entire team on his back for over 10 years, playing at a level that is truly remarkable. Brady has had franchise support on both sides of the ball. And, to stick a fork in this conversation, the same way the fork was stuck in the Rodgers vs Brees argument: Rodgers all-time passer rating is 103.9 while Brady is 97.3.

Not to take this thread in another direction, but comparing Rodgers as better than Brady is laughable after this year.

7 to 1 is all that needs to be said.

Missed the mark here. Bay Area born and raised Raider fan here. Couldn't give two shats about the Packers...Just offering an amazing highlight to the thread. So sorry it wasn't a Dwewyyy Bweeezyyyy highlight. :(
Sorry about being a Raiders fan... woof

I get the love of a fan. Hell ask just about anyone here about my support of Wentz. But, do you really think Rodgers is throwing over 30,000 yards and 160 Tds in just 4 years? Even in this pass happy league now, Rodgers isn’t getting close to those numbers.

Not to take this thread in another direction, but comparing Rodgers as better than Brady is laughable after this year.

7 to 1 is all that needs to be said.

Rodgers isn’t in the same tier as Brady & Manning... He’s not even better than Brees & Brees is in the tier below Manning & Brady.

Sorry about being a Raiders fan... woof

Meeeee too....You'd think I'd take the easy off ramp with the LV move, but alas, can't become a 9'ers fan. I've still got my '70's and '80's memories to lean on.

Brees is awesome. I watched him set the single game record for pass attempts and completions against Wisconsin back in his Purdue days. He's certainly an all time great and getting matched with Payton in New Orleans was a perfect fit for both of them.

In my eyes, Rodgers is the most talented quarterback ever to play (though Mahomes might be right next to him now) if you combine the mental and physical parts of the game. And he won a Superbowl with Mike McCarthy.

Wow. A bunch of butt hurt Patriots fans here...

Here, to put my view of Brady in perspective, he’s definitely top 10 in a tier with the late Bart Starr. I argue Brady is the modern version of Bart Starr.

I get New England has only been around since 1960. So their fan base doesn’t have historical perspective. But Bart Starr was a game manager the way Vince Lombardi wanted. And Starr always had great defenses to support him. Great coach, great support on both sides of the ball. Sound familiar Pats fans? Brady is the modern Bart Starr...

I am a fan of the NFL not just the Patriots have been for 40+ years.

Maybe you should look at the receivers Brady has had compared to Aaron Rodgers?? Other than Moss it's not even close and Moss was way past his Prime But still amazing.
Brady carried the Patriots for the last 8-10 years and allowed them flexibility constantly reworking his deal to make the TEAM Better did Rodgers??

Rodgers has what 1 Superbowl?? Brady has 7!

I really don't think this is much of a Argument. If your Arguing Rodgers over Brees are you saying Brees is better than Brady????

My Question is IF you had 1 game to win WHO do you want as your QB??

Wow. A bunch of butt hurt Patriots fans here...

Here, to put my view of Brady in perspective, he’s definitely top 10 in a tier with the late Bart Starr. I argue Brady is the modern version of Bart Starr.

I get New England has only been around since 1960. So their fan base doesn’t have historical perspective. But Bart Starr was a game manager the way Vince Lombardi wanted. And Starr always had great defenses to support him. Great coach, great support on both sides of the ball. Sound familiar Pats fans? Brady is the modern Bart Starr...
I’m not a Patriots fan.
Yet Brady just took a team that wasn’t in the playoffs the year prior to winning the super bowl being one of the only starting changes.

And as mention the QBR argument doesn’t add up when it leaves Tony Romo as one of the best ever and Chad Pennington better than Favre and countless HOFers.

Maybe since winning doesn’t matter he can overtake Trebek as the Goat in that realm.

@RealPretendPsychic @blugold Is this Packers nation findings? Or just a lot of Miller Lite? :)

An honest assessment of Chad Pennington's all time passer rating would include a caveat that states that while he played 11 seasons, in five of those seasons, he played in three games or less. It would also include a caveat he only played 89 games total over his career. Favre played over 300...

If Pennington's the poster child for passer rating not being indicative of good QB'ing, this discussion is over. I have no desire preaching to the perverted...

Last edited:
An honest assessment of Chad Pennington's QBR would include a caveat that states that while he played 11 seasons, in five of those seasons, he played in three games or less. It would also include a caveat he only played 89 games total over his career. Favre played over 300...

If Pennington's your poster child for QBR, this discussion is over. I have no desire preaching to the perverted...
Weird how you glossed over the Toy Romo one…Using QBR as your dynamic trait of best ever says all it needs too.

For those wondering, this is being used as the measuring stick for best ever. Here is the top 20 by Pro Football Reference in QBR with qualifying numbers.

Poor John Elway should have tried harder haha

99456B52-44CB-4661-AD36-B1BE997D822A.jpeg

Back