Three Minute Thursday: Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
There has been plenty of discussion around the irons and even the metal woods from the latest Mizuno release. The JPX Fli-Hi has fallen slightly under the radar, is often a cult like phenomenon for those that play it, so we wanted to do a bit more testing.

In this episode of Three Minute Thursday, we hop into the THP Tech Studio hitting bay with the Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi and take some swings and then breakdown the data. And yes, once again, we went over the three minutes allotted for this segment.

Ranging from 4 (20 degrees) to 7 (29 degrees) there is something to be said for this iron replacement.

After watching the above, how do you think the Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi would fit into your bag? How high of a loft could you play a hybrid?

For more information on this or any of the new Mizuno equipment, check out their...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review @Jman . When I put purchased my Mizuno 3,4 and,5 hybrids I was torn but, the adjustability of the CLKs won out. I did hit the Fli Hi and found them to be a real nice option.

Thanks for putting these in the spotlight @Jman !! I have the most recent release of the Fli-hi in a 6 & 7 hybrid and absolutely love them. I also have the previous model year in the 4 & 5 and they are fun to hit as well. If anyone is on the fence about adding these to your bag go ahead and pull the trigger on them.

I could play this in a 4 hybrid , any idea on the adjustability on these heads? Would they be able to be bent for lie give or take a couple of degrees.

The shorter shaft length in these make a lot of sense. That will help gapping the top of the bag.

I could play this in a 4 hybrid , any idea on the adjustability on these heads? Would they be able to be bent for lie give or take a couple of degrees.
If you watch the video it’s mentioned that these have a bendable hosel

I liked @Canadan ’s one better last week.

🤣 🤣

I kid, I kid. Thanks again!

My wife has the 4-6 in the bag. She loves them! More consistent, more height, more distance and more friendly than the iron equivalent was just what Kirsten needed. Longer shafted hybrids gave her fits but the Fli-Hi hybrids took her under 5 swings to see that she could easily play them.

The shorter shaft length in these make a lot of sense. That will help gapping the top of the bag.
Interesting of note, we had the Nippon GOST shaft in. This one and it impressed as well.

Great video! Good to see Jeremy taking some rips in the tech studio! I like the idea of these hybrids seeing the spin numbers and distances. I’m not considering a change at top end iron set up at this point, but any persistent struggles the fli-hi will be on deck

I would be happy to play them 4-7 and add the HMP 8-GW then add the funky looking black wedge at 56 degrees. I’m looking for something to trade in my clubs toward and this could be a really fun backup set.

If you watch the video it’s mentioned that these have a bendable hosel
Seen it that’s what piqued my interest in how much they can be bent by.

These are such a good long iron replacement. I remember being impressed by them but honestly have since forgotten about them.

thank you for the reminder.

Glad they brought back the fli hi name. This is a great watch. Thanks guys.

Thursday already? Jeeze.

I love my 4 when I hit it good. I did order a 4I. For some reason I just don’t hit hybrids well but pick up an iron of the same and strike it well. If the 4I, with my swing outperforms probably take the FliHi out. I know it’s all me and mostly mental. I do LOVE this club when I hit it like I should.

These are such a good long iron replacement. I remember being impressed by them but honestly have since forgotten about them.

thank you for the reminder.
It’s really nice to see there are still one or two companies out there trying to make true iron replacements in hybrids and not just distance hounds.

Just watched this last night and i was impressed by the swings and the numbers.....just want to say one of my first thought was why are you wearing zip ups.....somebody must be keeping the AC turned down

Just watched this last night and i was impressed by the swings and the numbers.....just want to say one of my first thought was why are you wearing zip ups.....somebody must be keeping the AC turned down
Because quarter zips are comfortable.

Interest definitely piqued in these after watching the video. Could certainly use something in at least the 5 iron spot, and possibly 6 as well.

Those look really nice and certainly look like good longer iron replacements

I like these short product videos! 👍

I put a 4hy in the bag last weekend. First time using a hybrid in that spot. It is a par 5 approach shot machine! 4 shots with it so far resulting in 2 eagle putts and great positioning 2 other times to chip up and down for birdie. It’s a keeper. Makes me wonder about going farther into the hybrid realm. Going deeper into the iron set, keeping distances and gaps become more important. These look like they are thoughtfully setup just for that kind of need.

Locally, however, Mizuno did not make it easy for smaller fitters to get these. Or so I was told without additional details. I have wanted to try these since they were released without success.

I have the 4 and 5... count me in on the cult-like following. Really like them.

I was so impressed by this club that I could easily game one or maybe two :oops:

For the video, which shaft brand/model was used ? I checked out Mizuno's web site and did not see any information about stock shaft (s) for the JPX Fli-Hi. so maybe there aren't any ?

Back