The 2021 MLB Thread

Best moment of the Phillies season so far 😒

First the bad call on the Brewers couple days ago and now this.

Is it just me or are the officials exceptionally bad this year in almost every game? :unsure:

Not enough drama in the Mets - Phillies series and game last night. :ROFLMAO: From a benches clearing incident on Friday to a replay overturned potential tying home run in the bottom of the ninth last night.

What’s the point of all the tar and fancy batting gloves if you still have to spit on the gloves?!

Andrew McCutchen plays rock, paper, scissors with Phillies this base coach Dusty Wathan every time he rounds third after a homer. He’s currently 0-3-1.

:oops:

My Dodgers are scuffling. The injury bug is taking its toll.

The Rangers take 2 of 3 on the road from the Twins :cool:

:facepalm:

First the bad call on the Brewers couple days ago and now this.

The issue is baseball is such a long game and they need to find ways to speed up the game, but calls like this should be reviewable. If the Umpire made a clear mistake the call should be overturned.

Hey flinched on the balk...good call there
Yea, but the full body of work is lacking. Only a handful of umps let things get out of control like that.

My Dodgers are scuffling. The injury bug is taking its toll.
Yep, My Cubbies took it to them pretty good which has been a rarity this year.

I, personally, do not think baseball is too long. If you're not really a fan it's an easy thing to pick on. Here is a screen shot of length of games vs actual playing time.

Screenshot_20210506-091408_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, he is a bad ump. Time to let the old guys go and get some new blood that doesn't have a chip on their shoulder.
Except that guy that called McCutchen out for leaving the base path. Pretty sure he’s a new guy.

1620307077193.png

75 mins of commercials, and people are worried about the length of baseball games?

I, personally, do not think baseball is too long. If you're not really a fan it's an easy thing to pick on. Here is a screen shot of length of games vs actual playing time.

View attachment 9006501
The last game I went to lasted nearly 4 hours. Add in getting to the park early and sitting in traffic after the game and it was a 5.5 hour experience. I've been a baseball fan my whole life...it was too much.

The last game I went to lasted nearly 4 hours. Add in getting to the park early and sitting in traffic after the game and it was a 5.5 hour experience. I've been a baseball fan my whole life...it was too much.
That’s why pitchers duels are the best! 😆

I agree with that...4 hours is long. Most phillies games are close to 3 hours.

Happy Birthday Willie Mays!

Go Giants!

I love day baseball! Wish other sports would do more day games.

Back