Off Course Examines Distance Measuring Devices

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Eric Miller, CEO of Cobalt Golf, joins the show to talk about Distance Measuring Devices.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but we talk about the history of Laser Tech and how it combines with Cobalt Golf. What makes their lasers unique and a whole lot more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Eric Miller goes Off Course.

3-1-1024x692.jpg

Episode 55 is here and Dan and Eric Miller discuss the following topics...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show.
The backstory and technology behind this brand is impressive.

Ready to get in the car this morning and give this one a go. Cobalt has my full attention!

Well, I can’t think of any thing more “off course” than talking about docking with the international space station..

Yes! I can’t wait to listen to this one after reading the quick write up with Cobalt earlier this week!

Well, I can’t think of any thing more “off course” than talking about docking with the international space station..
Right!?

"Which rangefinder tech should I trust for accuracy and efficiency?"
".....how about the one NASA likes."

Right!?

"Which rangefinder tech should I trust for accuracy and efficiency?"
".....how about the one NASA likes."

For some reason Dr. Evil and frickin laser beams has been bouncing round my head all morning.. lol... Great listen as always.. These guys are legit cool.

That was fascinating. Nice job, Dan! My Bushnell works great, but somehow I want a Cobalt.

Little side tidbits that were fun:

1. Apparently, Cal has a puppy.
2. Haig Pointe.

Another good episode señor @Canadan I love how he basically says we've been in business for years but don't want to name any names haha. Let your imagination go and its pretty wild as well as the NASA stuff :oops:. This new rangefinder sounds pretty awesome. actually

One thing I always wonder is how these companies settle on a name? Why cobalt?

Another good episode señor @Canadan I love how he basically says we've been in business for years but don't want to name any names haha. Let your imagination go and its pretty wild as well as the NASA stuff :oops:. This new rangefinder sounds pretty awesome. actually
It's a tough line to tow eh?

On the one hand, it seems like they have very much been responsible for the functionality that many have enjoyed. On the other hand, they want to respect their partners and simply promote the benefits of their own device.

That was fascinating. Nice job, Dan! My Bushnell works great, but somehow I want a Cobalt.

Little side tidbits that were fun:

1. Apparently, Cal has a puppy.
2. Haig Pointe.
I think Haig, unless something crazy happens, is always going to get that nod. From the trip over, to the accommodations, to the course - it's just a remarkable experience.

Also, yes, I should take a trip to the pets thread.

When NASA depends on a piece of equipment so much that they have 2 on a trip and decide to go to 1 because it is so dependable, it is a big deal. Kudos to them! I feel like I could drop kick on accident and it will still work.

Great episode Dan! Freaking laser company that sells devices and technology to NASA.... I'd say they probably make a damn reliable golf laser!

Great show @Canadan Dan, listened to it while working in garden this morning, curious to see one of the Cobalt rangefinders in person, going next to their website.

This was a fun listen! This industry segment is way more interesting than I realized.

Back