The Official Banter Away Thread

This from the brilliant mind that took the fantasy golf title in 2020?!
What’s that saying brilliant people have no common sense. Well, either do not so brilliant husbands 😂

Mixed emotions this morning. Two weeks ago, we bought a MacBook Air for my wife, from a large electronics retailer. Yesterday, within the exchange window, I got an email from them about a three-day sale. Her MBA was on sale for $50 less. So I got on to a char with an agent and requested the price match. He came back a few minutes later and said "Congrats, we're crediting you $150+." I called him on it, saying I thought that was too much and was he sure. He was quiet foir three minutes and came back showing his work to get to the $150+. He included the tax in the old price but not in the new price, but he was insistent it was the right calculation. I figured, "No problem, I'll just follow up with another agent tomorrow."

So this morning, I contacted a second agent and walked her through the chat. She went away for two minutes, came back, and said, "You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, once we enter a price match credit into the system, we cannot change it for any reason, so it's our problem. We'll do better next time." So I'm feeling good that we got a great deal, good that I tried to make it right - twice - but sad that a company is a victim of its own training and policies.

Mixed emotions this morning. Two weeks ago, we bought a MacBook Air for my wife, from a large electronics retailer. Yesterday, within the exchange window, I got an email from them about a three-day sale. Her MBA was on sale for $50 less. So I got on to a char with an agent and requested the price match. He came back a few minutes later and said "Congrats, we're crediting you $150+." I called him on it, saying I thought that was too much and was he sure. He was quiet foir three minutes and came back showing his work to get to the $150+. He included the tax in the old price but not in the new price, but he was insistent it was the right calculation. I figured, "No problem, I'll just follow up with another agent tomorrow."

So this morning, I contacted a second agent and walked her through the chat. She went away for two minutes, came back, and said, "You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, once we enter a price match credit into the system, we cannot change it for any reason, so it's our problem. We'll do better next time." So I'm feeling good that we got a great deal, good that I tried to make it right - twice - but sad that a company is a victim of its own training and policies.
Good on you for trying to make it right

This video and audio of our helicopter on Mars is totally mind-blowing. The video recommends headphones to hear the helicopter blades in the Martian atmosphere. I'm old enough to remember the Mariner fly-bys of Mars in the early 1960s, and the telemetry sounded like an organ. Now, this.

Hey look! Its a @Canadan boat in my shop! 😎
20210508_115326.jpg

New rule:

If you sneak a large DQ Blizzard at night after your wife goes to bed, learn to hide the evidence better.

Putting the cup in the outside trash can the night before trash day may seem like a good idea, but not when said wife goes out there in the morning to throw out more trash. Oh well
I usually consume it while still in the parking lot so I can dispose of the evidence in one of their garbage cans. Just have to remember to check the teeth in the mirror before heading home.

My sons spring baseball season came to an end yesterday. After winning their regular season and dropping a nail biter to finish 2nd in their division tournament he got his first baseball champion ring for the regular season. He’s 7 and played with the 8 yr olds this season, led the team in batting avg of .833 and RBI’s, and got voted onto the all star team. Super proud of the lil guy this season.

I usually don't let the tank get this low, for obvious reasons:cool: I also try not to buy when it's over $1.25, but I didn't have much choice today. All in all it averages out over time (at least that's what I'm telling myself)
20210509_112627.jpg

My sons spring baseball season came to an end yesterday. After winning their regular season and dropping a nail biter to finish 2nd in their division tournament he got his first baseball champion ring for the regular season. He’s 7 and played with the 8 yr olds this season, led the team in batting avg of .833 and RBI’s, and got voted onto the all star team. Super proud of the lil guy this season.

pretty cool to see the kids excel isn’t it?

pretty cool to see the kids excel isn’t it?
Man it’s awesome. I was really nervous about this season playing up with more experienced kiddos. He’s still learning more situations in the field but he held his own !!

appreciate ya brother

I know that we all have our struggles one way or another, but I observed a couple of things this afternoon that really make me wonder.

First off, before cutting my rear yard I carried an old treadmill to the curb that had been in the garage since last summer and was tired of climbing over/around/under it. I hadn't even gotten the mower out of the garage when I heard the tailgate of a pickup truck drop. I mean, it was the outcome I was looking for but seriously - maybe 90 seconds?

Second was when I went to grab the chinese food for supper. 6:30, broad daylight and stepping out the side door all I hear are tin cans rattling around. My neighbours had put our their recycling bins which were now being ravaged by a guy on a bike with a homemade trailer. I usually see an older man with a wagon when I leave for work in the mornings on recycle day, but this guy was clearly getting a leg up on the competition.

Congratulations to your son.... freaking All Star is awesome! .833 average as a 7y.o. Kid can rake!

I wonder who decided the best vessel to distribute orange sherbet was a toilet paper tube?
View attachment 9007161
The ice cream cone was invented in 1904 at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St Louis, when an ice cream vendor ran out of dishes. He happened to be next to a waffle vendor, and inspiration struck.

You don’t suppose . . .?

Love this attitude in all things! 🔥

Love this attitude in all things! 🔥

Been a bad year for him so far, nice to see him hitting better as of late. Good player for many years, but looks like age is really catching him.

Been a bad year for him so far, nice to see him hitting better as of late. Good player for many years, but looks like age is really catching him.
I’ve been a huge fan since his Pittsburgh days! Hopefully he can stay hot. He’s getting older, it’s hard to play those chilly early season games :LOL:

I’ve been a huge fan since his Pittsburgh days! Hopefully he can stay hot. He’s getting older, it’s hard to play those chilly early season games :LOL:

Cutch is a great person. Glad to see good things happen for him.

In a meeting. The customer expects to start up in December 2021. The only problem is that the major equipment now has a lead time of 22 MONTHS!!!

This supply chain issue is becoming major. I hope it does not kill this growth we are in right now.

An instant classic.

In a meeting. The customer expects to start up in December 2021. The only problem is that the major equipment now has a lead time of 22 MONTHS!!!

This supply chain issue is becoming major. I hope it does not kill this growth we are in right now.
Supply chain issues are a nightmare now. I don’t see how it won’t/can’t negatively affect growth. I know my company is feeling the stress of it all. Good luck

Back