The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Looks like the end of the Torts era and he is going out gracefully. Sounds like he realizes he’s no longer the right fit go coach the team now.

Looks like the end of the Torts era and he is going out gracefully. Sounds like he realizes he’s no longer the right fit go coach the team now.

I read that today as well. Probably for the best of all parties, really.

I wonder how many backflips Laine did when he found out.

I read that today as well. Probably for the best of all parties, really.

I wonder how many backflips Laine did when he found out.
On the same night Alexander Wennberg got his 2nd hat trick and set his career high for goals in a season after getting out from under Torts.

I'm really liking the Minnesota Wild this year. Kirill Kaprizov has made me watch hockey again. He's going to be a star for a long time. He and the Wild are playing some good hockey. I don't think they're ready to win the cup yet but may be in the next few years.

McDavid is the only good thing about winter in Edmonton.
Yeah, it’s not a lot of fun. Windy, snowy, cold… and this is coming from someone who lives farther north!
They do have a nice new arena though too! Eventually I’ll have to get down there and see it for myself.

I'm not saying I celebrate injury, but man this dude has had it coming for a while.

Also, MVP of the comments: "The New York Rangers have been fined 5,000 dollars for the hit by the Flyer player" hahahaha

I'm not saying I celebrate injury, but man this dude has had it coming for a while.

Also, MVP of the comments: "The New York Rangers have been fined 5,000 dollars for the hit by the Flyer player" hahahaha

I thought it looked accidental. Like they were both going for the puck and had committed…

In definitely not a fan of Tom Wilson, but I hope neither player is injured long-term. I’ve had a knee injury a lot like that and it is not fun.

Heard Jack Eichel holding a press conference today. Did not sound happy with the Sabres and im guessing he wants out.

I thought it looked accidental. Like they were both going for the puck and had committed…

In definitely not a fan of Tom Wilson, but I hope neither player is injured long-term. I’ve had a knee injury a lot like that and it is not fun.
Yeah I am with you there.

I was actually just watching some videos the other day about why players in the league are hated so much, and was shocked to see how many times guys like Matt Cooke and Tom Wilson were involved with knee-on-knee collisions.

Heard Jack Eichel holding a press conference today. Did not sound happy with the Sabres and im guessing he wants out.
If Columbus and their DEEEEEEP need for center doesn't go hard for him I don't know what to think anymore.

For anyone who has always seen John Tororella as a raving mad man you should read this kind of stuff about him as a human being.

I'd be surprised if he's in Buffalo next year. Saw some of the comments he made and they did not paint the organization in the best light...

New captain of the Seattle Kraken, perhaps?

For anyone who has always seen John Tororella as a raving mad man you should read this kind of stuff about him as a human being.

Heard he loves dogs, and has several. Also heard away from the arena he is a completely opposite person than the one behind the bench.

Heard he loves dogs, and has several. Also heard away from the arena he is a completely opposite person than the one behind the bench.
He has had a segment on local radio called Hockey and Hounds where he calls in and they talk CBJ and his dog rescue foundation. It's too bad that won't continue. I'm a big dog person myself. I never personally met him but one memory that sticks out in my mind was the one time I went to MSG. It was for a CBJ/NYR game beofre Rick Nash was traded there and Torts was still the coach. My friend I went on that trip with had arranged for us to get into the post game meet and greet area after the game and we were walking out of the arena afterwards. We went through a walkway near the Rangers locker room and Torts was in the hallway spending time talking to a child.

For all of the reputation he has as a coach, he has earned nothing but respect as a human being here in Columbus. I do agree it was time for a change and he was no longer a fit for the team but we will miss how he treated everyone with respect in the organization. I've definitely read so many stories recently of how well he treated people. The man cared deeply and there aren't many people like him.

Warms your heart.

Playoff hockey is finally here!! First game in 15 months.
0517212010b.jpg

#1 of 16 hopefully taken care of last night.
The Captain with a Gordie Howe hat trick as the Blues did Blues stuff. Avs were having none of that. Binnington played his butt off and still lost. Hopefully that's all he has.

I love playoff hockey!! Been some great games so far!!

So glad there are some fans in the stands again.

Back