Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

I had a much better swing today and this ball was money off the tee. I am not sure how I feel about it with my irons quite yet. I am not sure if it was the wind today or my swing, but I was drawing my irons more than usual. But still, the driver was great today. I hit driver every par 4/5 except one to really test this ball. I liked the regular CSX off the tee but didn’t hit it as straight as this one.
Really good results for me.
808A9CAA-BE7E-4583-B5D9-0156427DD83A.png8F0DB178-5C48-4CF6-B896-3BEB77C8075B.png

I had a much better swing today and this ball was money off the tee. I am not sure how I feel about it with my irons quite yet. I am not sure if it was the wind today or my swing, but I was drawing my irons more than usual. But still, the driver was great today. I hit driver every par 4/5 except one to really test this ball. I liked the regular CSX off the tee but didn’t hit it as straight as this one.
View attachment 9006758View attachment 9006757
86% fairways with some big numbers! Well done!!

View attachment 9006758View attachment 9006757
Wow, does it get any better? Nice.

Played this ball on and off today and this is by far the best Callaway ball I have played yet. It just seems to work through the entire bag. If I had to pick a downside it is that it’s not as much spin around the greens as the normal CSX, but I’m ok with it. The greens on the course I played today were on the firmer side so had a little more roll out than I’m used to but I adjusted ok. It is a little firmer than the CSX I think but very minimal. Love the feel of this ball through the bag though. Love the crisp pop you get when hitting irons with this ball. Sound is kind of intoxicating. Lol.

Played this ball on and off today and this is by far the best Callaway ball I have played yet.

I go back and forth between this and Chrome Soft, but lean this way myself.

I go back and forth between this and Chrome Soft, but lean this way myself.
I had a regular CS in my bag and hit an extra shot with it just to feel that same round and I’m finding myself preferring the firmer feel. I used to be the complete opposite and didn’t like a firm ball, but this one I don’t feel is overly firm. Really like it. I will be going back and forth between it and the regular CSX this year.

I had a regular CS in my bag and hit an extra shot with it just to feel that same round and I’m finding myself preferring the firmer feel. I used to be the complete opposite and didn’t like a firm ball, but this one I don’t feel is overly firm. Really like it. I will be going back and forth between it and the regular CSX this year.
I agree there. It doesn’t feel overly firm.
Looking forward to more thoughts on the comparison.

I agree there. It doesn’t feel overly firm.
Looking forward to more thoughts on the comparison.
Definitely be putting it and the regular CSX head to head this summer. Just gotta get my swing fixed so I can really give some accurate data. I have started sliding causing my hips to thrust forward. It has been bad the last 5 or 6 rounds. I know what to do to fix it just gotta get busy. Haha.

Put Yellow LS in to play last night and I have to say, I'm impressed.
It was in the 50's last night and the Greens were not hold anything because they were so hard.
I hit a 7i in to a green and thought for sure it roll off as I'm sure we all have seen.
This shot with the LS, bounce twice and stop with a little roll. That ball had some spin on it.
Will be putting in to play for a full 18 on Saturday/Sunday.

Just really enjoying playing these balls lately. I’ve never been an overly spinny player around the greens, and have really adjusted quite well to the spin profile on this ball. I can get it to stop when I need it to, but I like to run out a bit and it is doing so very well!

Picked up a box of these to try out against the the tp5 this morning and proceeded to shoot my lowest round in a few years from the tips playing 6950 yards. Spin off the irons usually hurts me but these really played well. One hop and stop off most wedges and even backed up an 8 iron from 155. I liked the feel and think this will be my ball for the season. Performed really well off the driver too

I played this exclusively in my round yesterday and I think this may be my ball for the remainder of the year. It was great in the wind and had great spin around the green.

I have played two more rounds with this ball and really like it. My driver accuracy numbers have come back down to earth, but I am scoring well and like this ball. The only thing I don’t like is the feel off my TT putter. I am still putting well, but want to try this ball with a TT putter and White Hot face soon. I have dozens of balls to use up, but at some point need to move to these full time.

My best driving day of the year was with these and the last two rounds were above average driving days for me.

Could anyone compare CSX LS to TP5X or Prov1X Left Dash? Played TP5X last year but am debating what to go with for 2021 and like the triple track. Thanks!

I played the TP5X last year as well as the Pro V1x. Put them up against the Chrome Soft X LS this year. I have the Epic Max LS and recently put a Ventus Blue 5S in it. For me the Chrome X LS was the clear winner in all aspects. and off the tee it is just amazing. I like the other two balls but it was just no contest for me. This just fits me perfectly and the Epic Max LS + Ventus Blue 5S + Chrome Soft X LS = distance and in play drives. This ball is great. Also good off the irons, around the green and smooth off the putter.

I’m set for the year (maybe a couple)8E9E44B5-9539-48CC-9FD9-27FD20FC5756.jpeg

Probably going to have to order some of these online as the couple places near me that stock Callaway balls have said they won't be stocking the LS version as they don't think they could sell enough of them based on the minimum amount they would have to order

I will need to order a few things before a golf weekend at the end of June anyway, so assuming my usual site has them in stock I will order a dozen at that time

Played a full round with these today. Used my TSI3, and Pro/TCB/MB combo. Wanted to see how they were with those clubs on that course. Most of my thoughts hold from when I tried them when they first came out. Not an ideal fit for me. Fast but slightly terrifying off driver for me. Flat and a little shifty.
Still don't mind the sound or feel.

Irons were a little unpredictable too. Could have been partly from unfamiliarity, but I couldn't seem to nail down exact longer distances into elevations and gentle breezes on the back. Would take more practice and the right courses to make work. There were a few that really stood out as a tough match on flight and spin windows. Haven't noticed any real performance benefit into wind with it, personally. Doesn't sound good off the Aped Pros to me.

Still thinks it's pretty good greenside for a ball dedicated to lower spin. It checks pretty well on little shots imo. No issues with durability for my game that I've noticed.

Played a full round with these today. Used my TSI3, and Pro/TCB/MB combo. Wanted to see how they were with those clubs on that course. Most of my thoughts hold from when I tried them when they first came out. Not an ideal fit for me. Fast but slightly terrifying off driver for me. Flat and a little shifty.
Still don't mind the sound or feel.

Irons were a little unpredictable too. Could have been partly from unfamiliarity, but I couldn't seem to nail down exact longer distances into elevations and gentle breezes on the back. Would take more practice and the right courses to make work. There were a few that really stood out as a tough match on flight and spin windows. Haven't noticed any real performance benefit into wind with it, personally. Doesn't sound good off the Aped Pros to me.

Still thinks it's pretty good greenside for a ball dedicated to lower spin. It checks pretty well on little shots imo. No issues with durability for my game that I've noticed.
I would say my experience using LS this weekend is the same:
Sound and Feel is fine for my ears
Driver - Might not be a fit - too little spin
Irons - Unpredictable - Like I don't get enough spin to stop them close enough to "Pin Hunt" ( I have to figure some roll)
Wedges - That's where this ball shines for me - Just checks up so nicely..

I've enjoyed playing them however once this dozen is finished - it's back to V1X since I have them in "Inventory"

Last edited:
Were those donut truvis balls a joke or will those be released? Anyone know? Those look fun.

Were those donut truvis balls a joke or will those be released? Anyone know? Those look fun.
Callaway mentioned on their instagram that they weren't real but you never know

@oumagic Would you rather have more distance off the tee to allow you to have shorter irons into the green or more spin from longer into the green? Interested to try this ball out.

@oumagic Would you rather have more distance off the tee to allow you to have shorter irons into the green or more spin from longer into the green? Interested to try this ball out.
I'm really interested to hear how they work for you too. You're one guy I always think of when friends and I are talking about these balls. I really think you're gonna like 'em.

I don’t really struggle with my spin being too low. For example, when I went to Titleist ball fitting, they fit me into lower spin ball. But if I were choosing, I would take a longer tee shot with shorter irons into green versus higher spin on long irons. I have hit 6 irons with this ball that stopped great. I am not hitting a ton of greens with my 4 or 5 iron regardless of the ball I use.

I'm really interested to hear how they work for you too. You're one guy I always think of when friends and I are talking about these balls. I really think you're gonna like 'em.
I have about $50 of shop cred burning a hole in my pocket. May need grab a doz.

Back