Reva Ball Review - First Impressions.
First let me say the Supersoft Max and the Reva are the same ball. The ball is 3% larger that the usual Callaway ball, although it is hard to tell in this picture that shows the Reva along side the Supersoft.

Thank you That was what i was wondering if they were the same.

Thank you That was what i was wondering if they were the same.

Seems a little weird it is the same ball. But, I think many women (and jrs and srs) can really benefit by this ball. I just don't like the way they feel.

Reva ball Review

I have a slow swing speed (around 70) and have been golfing for 5 years. After a couple of rounds using the Reva Ball here’s my reaction. I noticed a slightly higher ball flight on my drives and fairway hits. According to ShotScope I gained about 3 yds per drive. My usually fairway miss is topping the ball, during these rounds I can say that I only had a few shots (downhill lies) that I topped. From this perspective this is a good ball for me. My issue with the ball is with my short game. This is usually is my strong suit, but using the Reva it went to pieces. Not having the spin I’m used to my shots skidded across the green and I had problems adjusting. Now this could have just been me having a bad day so I’m going to give the ball another chance. Playing the Par 3 tomorrow and have a short game and bunker lesson later this week.

I decided to “spread the wealth” so I offered some of the Reva balls to some of my playing partners. All of the women are 50 years plus and age range to the mid-70’s Here’s their reactions.

Absolute Beginner – Started golfing about 3 months ago. Drives about 75yds low flight. Only her third time on a “big girl” course. She scrambles with the “Blonde Bomber”.

She loved the ball! According to her, her drives had wings. She also said she had the best fairway shots ever.

Blonde Bomber – Golfed in her twenties and the didn’t golf again until her kids were grown (her husband isn’t a golfer). Her drives are straight and true about 160 yds.

She also liked the ball. Her miss is topping the ball on the fairway. She only topped it once during her round.

Novice – Golfing about a year. Drives about 100 yds and has a problem getting the ball in the air. Definitely needs a WIDE fairway to keep the ball on the course.

Consistently got the ball in the air and straighter than usual. Also liked it on the green

Tree Hugger – Great drives off the tee (about 160 yds) but usually ends up in the trees or water. She said the ball had no effect on her game.

Queen of the Green – Due to a disability her drives are about 100 yds but straight as an arrow. Her putting is amazing. During scrambles the rest of us will putt first to give her the line.

She noticed no difference in her drives or her putting, but felt it helped her in two instances getting out of the bunker because the ball sat higher in the sand.

About the marketing. Most of the women were disappointed to learn that the Reva was just the rebranded Supersoft Max. They felt like it was just the old “shrink it and pink it”.

Monday I went to the Par 3 to give the Reva another go. First I have to say the the course I played the ball on last week didn't have the best greens so that may have impacted the stopping power of the ball. The Par 3 greens were in excellent condition and I didn't have a problem getting the my short hits to stop near the landing spot.
Tuesday I had a short game/bunker lesson and used the Reva ball alternating with my regular Supersoft. There was no discernable difference between the 2 balls.

Conclusion - For a high handicapper this is a good ball. It's easy to hit, higher flight and straighter drives. Most of the testers experienced some distance increase on drives and fairway shots. 2 of the testers would definitely buy the ball, 2 might buy it. If you are a beginner or high handicap I recommend you buy this ball (or the Supersoft Max) and give them a try. You will probably like them.

For me I will probably buy a dozen and give them another try.

One more thing, the Reva/Supersoft Max did not fit in the ball washers on the cart.

Monday I went to the Par 3 to give the Reva another go. First I have to say the the course I played the ball on last week didn't have the best greens so that may have impacted the stopping power of the ball. The Par 3 greens were in excellent condition and I didn't have a problem getting the my short hits to stop near the landing spot.
Tuesday I had a short game/bunker lesson and used the Reva ball alternating with my regular Supersoft. There was no discernable difference between the 2 balls.

Conclusion - For a high handicapper this is a good ball. It's easy to hit, higher flight and straighter drives. Most of the testers experienced some distance increase on drives and fairway shots. 2 of the testers would definitely buy the ball, 2 might buy it. If you are a beginner or high handicap I recommend you buy this ball (or the Supersoft Max) and give them a try. You will probably like them.

For me I will probably buy a dozen and give them another try.
Good info! Thanks for sharing @Maric I might give these a try.

Still waiting on local shops to get these in. Will be picking up a dozen for the wife!
They said should be in in the coming week.

REVA ball update.
Out of the 20 or so women I golf with 12 have tried the Reva/Supersoft Max ball. 5 have switched to it permanently, 3 more are still testing it against their current ball.

I'm still in testing mode, can't make up my mind. I'll probably put them in rotation. Since it has been raining lately it will be a good chance to see how they hold the green in wet conditions.

2 women have reported their husbands buying Supersoft Max after trying their Revas.

One more thing, the Reva/Supersoft Max did not fit in the ball washers on the cart.
True story. I played the Supersoft Magna (Max) for a while, and they don't fit in ball washers, certain ball retrievers, or the standard ball holders in many carts. 3% larger doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to make a difference.

REVA ball update.
Out of the 20 or so women I golf with 12 have tried the Reva/Supersoft Max ball. 5 have switched to it permanently, 3 more are still testing it against their current ball.

I'm still in testing mode, can't make up my mind. I'll probably put them in rotation. Since it has been raining lately it will be a good chance to see how they hold the green in wet conditions.

2 women have reported their husbands buying Supersoft Max after trying their Revas.

Maric, Thanks, for the update! What makes you hesitate? I've tried to like the Max ball for me and I have a slow swing speed, it doesn't feel good and the ball has 30% less distance off the driver. I passed the balls to my son and he's increased his distance - go figure. It's an unusual ball and I think people will have different results.

My short game is my best chance to save a hole. I'm not comfortable with the stopping power of the ball off my SW. Playing yesterday with greens that were damp it was even worse.

Back