The shaft optimizer is a great tool to get a fitter quickly to a starting point. Then the dialing in work begins.

Fantastic video!

I took a few swings with this device at HQ. While we didn't go this in depth, I actually used the recommendations for my Morgan Cup irons! :) this is what it spit out for me.

8FC3F447-B2DE-4AF5-B454-7502C331AE8E.jpeg

That is a boatload of info from the 3d optimizer. I like how it narrows down shaft options to get you dialed in faster. Seems like a very useful tool for fitters and golfers.

This would definitely help out & I'd be highly interested in trying it out. It would take out the guesswork in at least narrowing down shafts to go with. No more guessing "yeah, well this one is stiff so it should be right." Etc. I'd definitely give this a shot. (y)

Fantastic video!

I took a few swings with this device at HQ. While we didn't go this in depth, I actually used the recommendations for my Morgan Cup irons! :) this is what it spit out for me.

View attachment 9007616

Which shaft did you eventually go with? Meaning how close were the results?

Which shaft did you eventually go with? Meaning how close were the results?
Well... initially I chose the Modus 3 105X. However...what I get will be a surprise haha, which is kind of exciting. There is a delay with those shafts like many others so I told them to put one of the top 3 shafts listed instead if I could get them sooner. :cool:

Outstanding video really enjoyed it! The new features are impressive add ons. Tried this a year or so back and was really geeking out before hand of using it and actually had to show the fitter all the features available on it as they were only aware of the shaft selector 😆. Assume patents come into play but seems like a real game changer if someone like a CC were to create a data base of all shafts, heads and so on to create a master fitting ability. The time and money would be extensive to do such a feat but would help narrow down the fitting time into a fraction.

A little more than 3 mins guys.... :p

Can I say I heart this video and what Mizuno has done here..... Awesome video.

@Canadan crushed it with the questions. Like the HS vs. SS options questions, set makeup questions etc..

Question for Dan: If I recall, you enjoy playing the KBS Tour V shafts. I imagine you play the X at 120g. Do the Mizzy recommendations, which from what I can tell didn't have the V listed at all....make you rethink your go-to?
I actually play them in 110 because I tend to get more aggressive on stiffer shafts and it breaks down my swing a bit.

Every time I've done one of these, it makes me rethink everything.

I am amazed that all that data is available from something that clamps on a shaft. It's a great tool, and hats off to the engineers that designed it. @Canadan didn't you say the 921 Tours were too intimidating for you?
golf is intimidating to me.

Great video very informative, I have never tried it but looks like a valuable fitting tool for sure.

Well done video. Amazing how that device works!

Super informative video. That is a crazy amount of information to help fit you into some clubs.

Great first step to a fitting...and for many maybe only step needed.

Great video. The way Vosh explains things is so helpful - I leave understanding the process and feel better for knowing it.

I'd love to try the optimizer eventually.

Is there any option to pre-select shaft options? IE: Graphite vs. Steel?

That is really cool! I used the old Shaft Optimizer a couple of times years ago but this looks like this is light years ahead of what that was. Definitely need to try the 3D out.

I loved this video. I have used it a few times at my LGS, and have found it to be pretty useful and results accurate to what seems to work in real life. I have not had direct access to the software so was unaware about some of the features beyond shaft selector, those are very cool. @Canadan great quality questions, and @Vosh68 thanks for very informative presentation all that way through. The way the optimizer sorts through how your release the club matches up EI profiles I thought was really interesting, I understand it much better now.

I'm looking forward to going back to the LGS and giving it another try so I can play with some of the set makeup and other additional fitting features.

Will be looking up the nearest location that has this in house. Can see such a benefit from it. Look forward to seeing the info.

When I got fit for my HMBs at Modern Golf, they used the shaft optimizer as the bench mark, and I am happy with the result.

I tried this last year when I purchased the HMBs and was impressed with its accuracy.

would be fun to try this

Is Mizuno doing demo days in Ohio? Any way to find this info?

I’m not sure they list them anymore, but do list retailers by location. Customer service would know for sure

Ask the local golf shops, they usually have a schedule out. A couple down this way have had some.

Such a brilliant tool! The software is pretty genius. The last 2 times I used it was pretty spot on. Plus it’s awesome that the new software gives you more choices to help fitters narrow it down. It’s not perfect, but it can definitely help to get you and your fitter in the ballpark at a quicker rate.

Back