Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

KBS Hi Rev, 2.0 115. MCC +4 grip. You have my address already. Thanks.
No, NO, HELL NO. K, I'll gladly stop by and let you swing the proper build on my way through. You're welcome. :p

Demoed the zx5 with recoil 95 today against my 565 with the stock stiff Nippon shaft.

Honestly saw no real difference. Distance ball flight dispersion were all same. Feel was better on 564

Don't see a reason to upgrade

Might get the zx7 instead as they at least provide something different with a true forging more spin .....

Either way the forged tecs are gone now just debating the zx7 vs the p770.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

As I'm finishing these up I will say that the ZX7 are kind of a pain to build at their weight and not having any of that new fangled adjustableness. 4i starts at 243.75g and then are a fairly consistent progression so they all take some decent tip weighting with any of my shafts.

Had to get new brake pads for my son's car and front rotors. Instead of doing it ourselves we took it to have it done and split the cost.

Why?

Because he wanted to go to the range!

Had him hit my PTx Pros while I gave him some feedback and then let him go at it.

I was hitting the 7's and what a glorious time! They felt so good! They were cutting right through the light wind.

Had him give a go with the 7I after he had got some good technique down and was smacking it good when he did things right.

Really impressed.

Used the ZX7's on a damp course today and they performed great. Very little wind today in 70° temps so it was nice to see the distances in ideal conditions. I played different ball on the 2 nines and got great performance from both the Chrome Soft and the Srixon Soft Feel.

20210515_193539.jpg

Hello old friends...

Demoed the zx5 with recoil 95 today against my 565 with the stock stiff Nippon shaft.

Honestly saw no real difference. Distance ball flight dispersion were all same. Feel was better on 564

Don't see a reason to upgrade

Might get the zx7 instead as they at least provide something different with a true forging more spin .....

Either way the forged tecs are gone now just debating the zx7 vs the p770.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

If I'm being honest, my 565s felt a tad better than my ZX5s. I prefer to the Modus 105 to the GH980 though.

Last edited:
Demo day fitting with Srixon. Ordered ZX7 PW-5i with steel fiber i95 stiff, hard stepped once. In a nice move, I am getting the shafts without any upcharge. This is twice now that I was fit into the i95 (PXG as well). ZX7 feels so good to me and my dispersion is stupid good. Current combo set will hit the BST airwaves. I should get clubs in 2-3 weeks. I was also able to hit the new zip core full face wedge in 52 and 58. Both had 8* of bounce, I think. One of those might be in my future too.

IMG_2376.jpeg

Demo day fitting with Srixon. Ordered ZX7 PW-5i with steel fiber i95 stiff, hard stepped once. In a nice move, I am getting the shafts without any upcharge. This is twice now that I was fit into the i95 (PXG as well). XX7 feels so good to me and my dispersion is stupid good. Current combo set will hit the BST airwaves. I should get clubs in 2-3 weeks. I was also able to hit the new zip core full face wedge in 52 and 58. Both had 8* of bounce, I think. One of those might be in my future too.

View attachment 9008153
This awesome!!!! Really hope the wait is short for these irons for you.

This awesome!!!! Really hope the wait is short for these irons for you.

Thanks. Rep said they have improved their inventory systems and have much better estimates. Nice guy. I am excited to play these. They are a good fit for me. Consistent with feel for days.

Thanks. Rep said they have improved their inventory systems and have much better estimates. Nice guy. I am excited to play these. They are a good fit for me. Consistent with feel for days.
That is awesome!!!!! Really think you will like these irons. I think you have found the shaft for sure being fit into it twice now. :golf2:

I'ma work up the shots and proximities when I get home later, but I don't think I could have been more sticky with the ZX7 today after shafting then with my regular gamer shafts. Just stupid good. And had the longer distances mostly dialed in despite playing them and a new to me ball.

They look a little big and with a much thicker top line than what I've been playing for a while, but there is zero to really complain about with them in terms of feel for me. Love every bit of it. Might need to flirt with taking mine another degree weak, which I don't love doing, but will play around with it.

Most importantly, I've been working on a little different move that's easier on my body. Works best burying it a bit, and have been playing it will lately, but thought it would be a good fit for these irons. Man is it ever! Like a dream - where the scores are great and everybody gets laid!! :p

Short range session with ZX7 PW and 8i, and ZX5 8i just to recompare between the two. I'm in that phase of one step forward, one step sideways in working through my swing, but about half the bucket were good strikes, the rest playable but not quite right. When I make proper contact, the ZX7 8i goes really well, and again I hit the ZX7 more consistently than the ZX5, mostly because I'm taking decent divots most the time and the narrower sole seems to get through a bit better.

Tue I have a first lesson with a new coach, we'll see what he says about the swing. It certainly is better than it was a month ago. Shocking what some deliberate practice can do :p

Demo day fitting with Srixon. Ordered ZX7 PW-5i with steel fiber i95 stiff, hard stepped once. In a nice move, I am getting the shafts without any upcharge. This is twice now that I was fit into the i95 (PXG as well). ZX7 feels so good to me and my dispersion is stupid good. Current combo set will hit the BST airwaves. I should get clubs in 2-3 weeks. I was also able to hit the new zip core full face wedge in 52 and 58. Both had 8* of bounce, I think. One of those might be in my future too.

View attachment 9008153
Congrats on the order!! Awesome that you got to hit them outdoors and got fit into the same shafts as before. I'd feel super confident about that purchase. Happy for you!!

And for everyone you'll be giving strokes to! :p

Almost 4 months... that is how long I have been waiting.. still waiting..

I played the third round this week with the ZX7's... my last three rounds have been 14, 10, and 10 GIR. That is a cluster that stands out from my normal 8 GIR average. I was going to sprinkle the Z-Forged in 8i-PW at the lower end today, but I forgot when I was setting up the bag. Maybe I will do that next time. Or, maybe I should just keep playing them as is, the short irons are very solid for me. The whole set actually. These are some impeccably well mannered irons.

I played the third round this week with the ZX7's... my last three rounds have been 14, 10, and 10 GIR. That is a cluster that stands out from my normal 8 GIR average. I was going to sprinkle the Z-Forged in 8i-PW at the lower end today, but I forgot when I was setting up the bag. Maybe I will do that next time. Or, maybe I should just keep playing them as is, the short irons are very solid for me. The whole set actually. These are some impeccably well mannered irons.
Wow. I know I'm not known for sticking with one set, but for about 18.5% more greens, even I'd probably ride that out for a little while. See what the truth of it really is.

Wow. I know I'm not known for sticking with one set, but for about 18.5% more greens, even I'd probably ride that out for a little while. See what the truth of it really is.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking too. Three rounds in a row is already a streak, let's see where this goes.

I should comment in here, that I have been having some very nice successes with ZX7 4, 5, and 6 irons. I love how they ball flies off them, and last two rounds have been pretty accurate. Lots of fun hitting shots that cover the flag.

Back