is it time for the ft9 to leave?

Alpha

Reaction score
Handicap
had the ft9 10* reg for 2yrs now and recently hit the g15 10.5 and the superfast at my home course,both were about 15 yds past my ft9 consistantly and were also in the fwy. is this just the longer shaft or have clubs got better?
53yrs old, 8hcp, 97mph driver ss, thanks!

had the ft9 10* reg for 2yrs now and recently hit the g15 10.5 and the superfast at my home course,both were about 15 yds past my ft9 consistantly and were also in the fwy. is this just the longer shaft or have clubs got better?
53yrs old, 8hcp, 97mph driver ss, thanks!

I went from an FT-9 to a superfast and it was a great move for me. Not everyone believes it, but I think drivers take a beating and should be replaced with diminished performance. I don't buy into a longer shaft, I cut mine down. I think they hurt accuracy and consistency but that's just me.

The standard SF is 1-2 deg closed, so keep that in mind. My FT-9 was neutral.

I'd say so. If you can get that much more distance yet with much the same accuracy, it's a no-brainer. My Cobra S3 is long and accurate for me. With the Diamana Blueboard shaft, it's the best combo in a driver I've ever hit.

Your swing may have even changed incremently over time since you've had the FT-9. Today's drivers may help you take the best advantage. IT's worth a look, at least. Hold on to you driver but test the new stuff.

Sounds like it's time for the upgrade. I have also had the same driver for a while and hit it pretty well, but other drivers definitely have a hotter club face and give me extra yardage.

Sounds like a good move to me. Pull an OEM and just go for it!

Back