Western Plains/Mountain States get together?

Man this is turning into the "cat's meow". LOL

Looks like Bulldog will be getting into town Friday late morning. Wouldn't be a good host to let him be bored in a hotel room so we're going to play a round Friday afternoon. Probably about 1:30, anyone else interested? Was thinking Saddleback would be fun

No can do. I'm working in the starter booth at Foothills Friday afternoon, and then we have a family get together at the Lakewood Grill on West Colfax in the evening. My sister's husband is in a band that plays there often. We will see you all Saturday morning. Hopefully with a bit more game that we showed today at Fossil Trace. :banghead:

Guys, I've just received some bad news and I am afraid I will not be able to make it this weekend. I am going to have to be flying out of town tomorrow due to a family emergency. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you. When you go to the courses the tee times are under my name Ron Rowe. I'm sorry I have to miss it since it was my idea and I'm really sorry I won't get to meet most of you this weekend but it is unavoidable. Take lots of pictures so I can put some faces with the names and for the other Hawaiian shirt guys, ask the cart girls for Mai Tai's or Volcano's

Sorry ya aint going to make Ron! cars all packed & I'll leave from work tomorrow @ 3:15 cst.
Hate to ask but was there going to be just the 2 of us @ Saddleback & was there a tee time?

Guys, I've just received some bad news and I am afraid I will not be able to make it this weekend. I am going to have to be flying out of town tomorrow due to a family emergency. I was really looking forward to meeting all of you. When you go to the courses the tee times are under my name Ron Rowe. I'm sorry I have to miss it since it was my idea and I'm really sorry I won't get to meet most of you this weekend but it is unavoidable. Take lots of pictures so I can put some faces with the names and for the other Hawaiian shirt guys, ask the cart girls for Mai Tai's or Volcano's

That's too bad Ron. Was looking forward to the whole group getting together. Maybe another time.

Sorry to hear it Ron, hope all's ok. I'll have my camera along a hope a few others do as well.

Tap,Tap,Tap

My Niece and Goddaughter's 18 month old has been diagnosed with Leukemia. We are very close, she lived with us while attending college and she is like another daughter to me. They are going to be doing some additional tests on little Ronnie tomorrow and Saturday and she asked me and my wife to be there with her.

If one of you guys who are playing Sunday can call Riverdale and change the tee times Sunday to your name that would be great.

Again guys, really sorry to miss this, I've been looking forward to it for months, hopefully we can get together another time.

Thanks for understanding

Ron

Yeah sorry to hear this Ron on both accounts. Hopefully all will be well with your niece and soon.

I myself am not playing Sunday gents, even though that is in my top 3 if not #1 fav course.

What time is everyone getting to buffalo run? I'll probably be wearing a orangey/salmon striped shirt with a white hat and khaki shorts. Hope to see you on the range!

david

We will be arriving a bit before 9:00. We will be in my blue Honda Accord Coupe. Don't know what I'll be wearing, aside from my Tilley hat.

So sorry to hear this Ron, my hopes and prayers will head her way as well as with all of you.

Just heard from Bulldog and he's heading up Friday afternoon as his match with Ron is off. I should be late afternoon early evening Friday. No idea what I'm wearing yet, lol, packing tonight and driving the black 4Runner if I get tires on this afternoon. I need to look back at the tee times, but guessing about an hour before tee times Saturday.

Is anyone getting together for dinner and drinks Friday night now that Ron's out? BD and I will likely be looking for some place to eat.

Is anyone getting together for dinner and drinks Friday night now that Ron's out? BD and I will likely be looking for some place to eat.

I wish I could fellas but I've got family obligations all day and evening...

As for food, if you're staying where I think you are, there are a couple chain sit down types within walking distance: Village Inn, Ruby Tuesday, Sporting News Grill and some Italian place. If you continue heading south on "Tower Road" (via car), you'll run into a strip mall type shopping area with a ton of fast food options if that fits your fancy more so.

Hope this helps!

I wish I could fellas but I've got family obligations all day and evening...

As for food, if you're staying where I think you are, there are a couple chain sit down types within walking distance: Village Inn, Ruby Tuesday, Sporting News Grill and some Italian place. If you continue heading south on "Tower Road" (via car), you'll run into a strip mall type shopping area with a ton of fast food options if that fits your fancy more so.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info spaceman. I'll see what BD is interested in, but right now I'm leaning towards mexican, lol. We need to celebrate the holiday.

Boom Baby! beautiful! its like they knew we were planning this!

kmgh_7day_320x240.jpg

Thanks for the info spaceman. I'll see what BD is interested in, but right now I'm leaning towards mexican, lol. We need to celebrate the holiday.

lol where there is a Taco Bell down with the other fast food, but for sit down authentic Mexican Food, you'll have to travel just a little. From the fast food stuff travel west a little and you should find one or two on "Green Valley Ranch Blvd" west of the fast food joints and west of Pena Blvd (the highway looking overpass).

lol where there is a Taco Bell down with the other fast food, but for sit down authentic Mexican Food, you'll have to travel just a little. From the fast food stuff travel west a little and you should find one or two on "Green Valley Ranch Blvd" west of the fast food joints and west of Pena Blvd (the highway looking overpass).

Sounds good. I'm eat fast food every day of my life, so non of that this weekend, haha. Any idea what the wind has in store?

Sounds good. I'm eat fast food every day of my life, so non of that this weekend, haha. Any idea what the wind has in store?

It would appear to me that we should see pretty calm conditions. Typically the wind rolls in around the afternoon this far east so the earlier tee times should help us considerably in that capacity. But the forecast says breezy Sunday, nothing noting wind in Saturdays forecast.

Besides, you'll be getting what an extra 5 or so yards of carry due to the altitude? I've played in California and Ohio a couple times as my only NON Altitude rounds and I lost about 5ish yards of carry per iron, and about 10ish+ yards on the driver.

Sounds good, being from NE were used to the wind and I can always use a little carry, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Sorry to hear about your situation Ron.

I too will be unable to make the journey as I hoped. The boss just dumped a bunch of wetland determinations on me to finish by next week so duty calls. It figures that whenever I see the light at the end of the tunnel the door gets shut. Oh well, maybe next time. I hope y'all have a great time!

Sorry to hear about your situation Ron.

I too will be unable to make the journey as I hoped. The boss just dumped a bunch of wetland determinations on me to finish by next week so duty calls. It figures that whenever I see the light at the end of the tunnel the door gets shut. Oh well, maybe next time. I hope y'all have a great time!

Dang, I was looking forward to seeing you again DG. Sorry to hear it, but hope you can make the eventual Omaha outing. I would think we can get something together this summer.

Yep, I'm a little bummed but there's always next time. It should be pretty easy to sneak out to Omaha for a 3hr trip vs the 11hr drive to the mountains.

OK I had work blow up on me so i won't be able to make it tomorrow. I was really looking forward to getting together with everyone. You guys have a great time and maybe i will make it next time.

Damn, is anyone going make it tomorrow? Bulldog and I are back to the motel ready to play some golf after driving all day.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Damn, is anyone going make it tomorrow? Bulldog and I are back to the motel ready to play some golf after driving all day.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Well I'm definitely gonna be there! I'll be hopefully on the range about 8:30, 9 at the latest.

Khaki shorts, orange/salmoney striped polo with a white TW hat and black and white shoes...

I had a BUNCH of "honey do's" (like build a friggin playhouse, mow the lawn, pick weeds, I'll stop there) today in order to get out there tomorrow but I'm definitely still in!

See ya there!

The two of us are definitely going to be there, and we are definitely playing on Sunday too. Guess that makes 5 instead of the dozen which were originally committed. :confused2: Unless there's someone out there who is just keeping quiet.

My brother didn't come all the way from Idaho to skip out on the reservation that Ron was good enough to set up. I'll call The Dunes tomorrow if there aren't enough to fill the second tee time on Sunday, but one of them is going to get used.

Good to hear guys, I was getting a bit worried after driving 6+ hours and a motel room, lol.

Too bad Wulff can't make it, I was looking forward to meeting him as well.

Pretty chilly this AM, might wear the slacks starting out.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Back