New England Members

Extremely pumped, Cape trip is a few days away 😬. Settled on Bass River Wednesday, Dennis Pines and Highland Thursday, and Acushnet River Valley on Friday. We're staying in West Yarmouth. Any of you THPers have recommendations on good spots to grab some grub?

Extremely pumped, Cape trip is a few days away 😬. Settled on Bass River Wednesday, Dennis Pines and Highland Thursday, and Acushnet River Valley on Friday. We're staying in West Yarmouth. Any of you THPers have recommendations on good spots to grab some grub?

There is a great Seafood/Sushi restaurant in Mattapoisett called Turks that isn't too far from ARV. There is also a good casual pub type restaurant in Marion called Brewfish.

ARV used to be my home course it is a really nice track that is generally in good condition. This time of year the rough will be very thick. The 9s are very different the front is all tree lined and the back is largely an old farm with holes that still have some character.

Have fun.

There is a great Seafood/Sushi restaurant in Mattapoisett called Turks that isn't too far from ARV. There is also a good casual pub type restaurant in Marion called Brewfish.

ARV used to be my home course it is a really nice track that is generally in good condition. This time of year the rough will be very thick. The 9s are very different the front is all tree lined and the back is largely an old farm with holes that still have some character.

Have fun.
Thanks!

All this talk about Country View made me decide to skip my lawn mowing this morning!:cool:
20210517_112614.jpg

Lost Dog in Dennis a good spot for some pub food, otherwise for seafood I love Sesuit Harbor (cash only). Enjoy Dennis, the highlands is amazing course for the money.

Lost Dog in Dennis a good spot for some pub food, otherwise for seafood I love Sesuit Harbor (cash only). Enjoy Dennis, the highlands is amazing course for the money.
Noted, thanks! Using the 18birdies app GPS feature to check out the course it Highlands looks pretty tough 😬

Noted, thanks! Using the 18birdies app GPS feature to check out the course it Highlands looks pretty tough 😬
I actually find the highlands easier from a tee shot perspective, hard to lose balls there. The pines gets tough.

Highlands is a great course. We play a few rounds a year down there in the winter. I still haven't played there in season though.

Any of you THPers have recommendations on good spots to grab some grub?

West Yarmouth... if you like Clam Chowder go to Captain Parkers on Rte 28 in Yarmouth.

I actually find the highlands easier from a tee shot perspective, hard to lose balls there. The pines gets tough.
Yup, I had them mixed up. Just looked again and Pines definitely the more difficult one by the looks. We're playing that one in the afternoon so hopefully the Highlands will allow us to find our swings (if they're gonna be found) :LOL:

West Yarmouth... if you like Clam Chowder go to Captain Parkers on Rte 28 in Yarmouth.
Nice to hear that, that one kind of stood out when I was googling restaurants down there :D

Olde Scotland Links has added to their maintenance staff, saw these guys hiding out on the 14th hole.

oslgoats.jpg

If anyone is near central Ma, KettleBrook in Paxton, Ma is in fantastic shape and its semi private so its well taken care of. They are owned by the same family that owns Wachusett CC. $65 for a weekday round which is only $10 more than the nice muni at GreenHill Park.

Played Meadowbrook in Rhode Island yesterday. What an absolute gem of a course. Great condition, wonderful layout, and great scenery. $65.00 on the weekend with cart is a great value! Yardage ranges from 5300 from front and plays 7468 front the tips. We played green tee's which play 6500. Greens were really slow which took me 9 holes to get used to.

3 day weekend coming and what rain and wind all 3 days, really?

Playing in the rain? I’ll pass.

I'm on vacation and really wanted to play all weekend but I'll pass on 40-50 and wet.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Quality rain gear pays for itself and pace of play is always great
Light rain, maybe... but rain, rain... we aren’t playing on TV for money.

Light rain, maybe... but rain, rain... we aren’t playing on TV for money.
Nope not for money but I'm teeing it up at 11:00 today. I'm not sugar. I won't melt. I've been working from home 15 months now. If anyone thinks rain will prevent me from being outside they are nuts. Well, I'm kind of nuts. Plus my hands are now thawed out from fishing last night. All systems go. Have a great weekend.

Back