Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Have you ever been a part of #PushCartMafia? I have been a card-carrying member for years as I generally find that walking the golf course leads to a more enjoyable experience. This season it all changed, and not because I started riding for most of my rounds. No, 2021 was when my walking rounds became even more luxurious as I was lucky enough to spend the summer with the MotoCaddy M7, a remote-controlled electric caddy. 

MotoCaddy-M7-Electric-Cart-1.png

That’s right, a remote-controlled electric caddy. Now, electric carts aren’t anything particularly new in the golf space, but in my own experiences, they have been somewhat of a rare find in the wild. Honestly, every time I happened to spot someone using one, I immediately recognized the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
I wanted to give you all a quick background of me.

I have been a member of the #PushCartMafia for quite some time now. In my time I have gone from using a basic Bag Boy SC-600 cart to a mix between a Cliq Gear 3.5 and a Big Maxx Quattro. I'm more a fan of the Clig Gear, although the Quattro has its own merit. I usually get out 2-3 times a week if things are going well, but always at least once a week for league nights(Thursday). Unless it's scorching hot, I walk those rounds. The course where I play has a few hills to deal with, be generally an easy walk.

For my bag, right now I'm using a Sun Mountain Three5. That bag has the "foot" kickstand on it, so sometimes it's not the best on a push cart. I'll mix in a TM Flextech bag that has a base similar to the Ping Hoofer, and also a Sun Mountain S1 cart bag. I wouldn't be shocked if all three make an appearance in this thread.

Anyway, if you have any questions throughout this thread, don't hesitate to ask. That's what the 4 of us are here for.

Last edited:
I wonder if you are getting strange looks from other golfers? Also how well does it work on hills.

Sorry in advance, this is post turned out longer than planned.

Very simple background about me before this testing journey begins. I like to walk and I have an older push/pull cart (BayBoy m340/350 style). I might not get to play as often as @ddec but I should be heading out at least once a week...probably more with this thing. That said, you don't have to be on a golf course to use the motorized cart and I have quite a few tests off-course that I want to do. For research I have read the m7 manual a few times now, I have watched just about every YouTube video/review (in the double digits already) I can find on this thing (FYI I will not be taking this to a blacktop BMX racing track like one video did), I have watched a bunch of videos on the cart I feel is the main competitor for the m7, and I have spent way too much time on the Motocaddy website.

Few tests I want to do which might be boring and have obvious answers, but hopefully still useful to at least someone:
- How does it fit in the backseat of my truck? Does it fit under the tonneau cover in the truck bed? (I'm guessing yes, but still)
- How much room is left in my car trunk when it's in there? I want to take photos/video to show difference in room it takes up with the back wheels out vs. flipped in.
- How stable is it folded in storage when sitting upright? (on backwheels and kickstand)
- How do all my golf bags fit on the cart? Do any of them slide around during quick turns or quick stops? (I have a few I'll be testing)
- How is the charging time in real life?
- What's the tallest curb it can safely drive off of without spilling clubs or tipping over? (think of where curbs slant down at the street corners where there are sidewalks)
- Can I charge it using the outlet in my vehicle?
- How far can I truly let it go in front of me before it stops?
- How fast can it go?
- Can I make it up a hill on wet grass?
- How easy it is to bump the remote buttons accidentally, like while it's in your pocket? (from what I've seen using the remote lock button is fairly important)
- The battery appears to just sit in the cart...does it rattle when going over bumps?
- AND THE WORST TEST OF ALL: How easy is it to push the 30lb cart for a few holes on the course if the battery dies in the middle of a round? (apparently the wheels move to the outside position on the axle to get it into push mode).

I also have a couple tests planned that the instruction manual doesn't suggest:
- Can I use this as a guitar stand so I don't have to get off the couch?
- How well can this thing pull me while I'm on a skateboard? (different way to test the power of it)

I'd like to do a mix of photos and videos to post here. I used to have access to Adobe Suite but no longer have that. I'm currently looking for a video editing program but so far nothing I consider usable. I'll think of something because I'm determined to have a couple short videos for the tests I mentioned above.

A comment I made on my entry/signup post for this is "I'd like to go electric because I don't believe they work so well, but seeing is believing." I think others feel the same way...you can watch every video available but until you see it in person you have no idea how you'll like it. I live in Eau Claire, WI, but I'm near Central WI often too. Anywhere from Twin Cities to Wausau, WI is familiar territory to me. So, if there are THP members in the area that want to see/test one in real life feel free to send me a DM. Maybe you were thinking about buying one and want to test it out first or you just don't believe they really exist until you see one in real life. Send a DM and we'll see what we can work out to meet up for a day or something. In return I'll probably take a few photos and also ask for a small review with more substance than "yeah, it's pretty cool."

So, yep game on!

Last edited:
What are the four of you looking forward to the most, and what is your biggest concern before the arrival of the units?

• Staff
What are the four of you looking forward to the most, and what is your biggest concern before the arrival of the units?

Three things I'm immediately looking forward to seeing upon arrival.
  • How much charge is there out of the box and how long do I need to charge it before the initial use
  • How easy it is to maneuver with the remote. I don't know why, but I'm a little nervous about how it will turn or take a slight turn.
  • Ease of getting it in and out of truck bed.

My biggest curiosity is performance on hills. I play a course built on an old quarry, so it’s tough to walk even with a manual push cart.

I've had mine for over a year. Quite a few times when placing a ball on a tee, I've had it shooting off on its own, if I haven't locked the remote.
Remote is a little chunky for what it is.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

My biggest curiosity is performance on hills. I play a course built on an old quarry, so it’s tough to walk even with a manual push cart.
Very good the rear wheel and wide axle n wheels work a treat. Mine does wheelies in quite a few places on my local course. Only thing to be aware of is to ensure if parked to play a shot, it will slowly move in direction of slope.

Here is a review

@ddec awesome of you to make a new thread as I was going to post my progress with it in the other one.

A little history of me and my game. I was typically a social golfer but last year I changed jobs/careers and I'm able to play more golf. I typically play once a week, but hopefully this summer I'll be able to play 2-3 times per. I walk unless I'm playing with friends who are paying for a cart, then I'll hitch a ride. If I'm playing solo, it's 100% walking. I have an older Club Car/ Minn Kota electric push cart that I never use and a Tour Gear (Academy Sports house brand) three wheel push cart that I use. I bought it last year during the pandemic when I couldn't find anything else. I enjoy walking solo, and seem to play better golf that way. I'm a high capper/hacker and am REALLY looking forward to this. I live in the Coastal region of Eastern North Carolina, so the only hills I get is raised greens and tee boxes. At my home course, there are a couple that are pretty steep, but not too high, so I can only comment on those unless the wife lets me take it to the mountains (I don't think we'll have anything planned for the first 90 days but I'll keep posting after that).

I have a couple bags that I can put on this one. For starters, my go to gamer is an old Cobra cart bag. I also have an older Adams bag, and a couple staff bags that I want to put on it to see how they work. I might have a no name stand bag laying around that I can try out if I can find it. If @Carolina Dundee wants to give it a go when he comes this way, he's more than welcome to try it out with his Titleist stand bag. With that said, anyone near me is more than welcome to give it a try for a round (as long as you post a review here).

- As a guy with a bad back, I'm looking to see how well I can keep up with it, or it can keep up with me while using the remote. I don't mind pushing, but if I don't have to, I'm all for it.
- Tracking. I want to know how well it tracks. I would imagine out of the box, on flat land it should be 100% straight. How does it track when the terrain isn't flat.
- Like ddec, I'm interested in the maneuverability with the remote. I don't think I'll keep the remote in my pocket, as I'll have to grab clubs out of the bag and put them back in, so the remoted would stay with the cart.
- How easy it is to push it without the battery. Let's face it, someone is going to run it dead. I might not do it for an entire round, or even 9, but I want to see how easy it is pushing it. That way, when I forget to charge it, do I need to stop, or can I continue my round like it is a regular push cart.
- The last biggest thing I want to know is how well it is on a crap course. Does it handle mud/wet conditions well? What about a dry cow pasture? I also have a long worn out wooden cart path over a pond (about 100 yards or so). I want to know if the wheels are just going to spin on it, or if it will actually be able to make it across without issue in both dry and wet conditions. I'll do my best to get pictures of everything I can.

Charging is the only issue that I think I'll have with it as it takes a USB charger. I'm interested in that the most. I also plan on buying the accessory pack for it soon, but I want to give it a fair shack down without it.

Just got confirmation from the wife, it’s already at the house. Bad news with the good news is that it was left on the front porch and got rained on pretty heavy so no sexy un-boxing pics or video.

Everyone, I just did an edit on my intro post and have actual information in there now. Just scroll up and look for the post with way too much text.

The manual mentioned something about if the cart doesn't drive in a straight line (veers left or right when trying to go straight) you may need to tinker with the front wheels or trim the motor a bit. I'm really hoping avoid all that. I'd like to fire it up and be good to go without needing the fine tuning adjustments.

I've had mine for over a year. Quite a few times when placing a ball on a tee, I've had it shooting off on its own, if I haven't locked the remote.
Remote is a little chunky for what it is.

I have the same issue with my MGI Zip Navigator AT. Sometimes swear I hit the lock button but after bending down, there it goes!

Oops, I forgot to mention what I'm looking forward to the most. I'm looking forward to being on one side of the green and using the remote to move the cart to the next hole rather than having to walk back to the cart and push it around the green to the next hole. Really, the remote in general...so excited for that remote.

Any way to do side by side comparisons to your current push carts once you have them in hand? I have a clicgear 3.5 and am curious as it looks much smaller in total size and width.

At my front door, I will see what I can do when I get home!

Any way to do side by side comparisons to your current push carts once you have them in hand? I have a clicgear 3.5 and am curious as it looks much smaller in total size and width.
Yes I can. IF I can get a couple friends that want to walk with me I can have two motorized carts along with my regular push cart on the course at the same time. I can do side by side by side pics of all three this week.

I'm sure I can accommodate

This is still maybe the coolest forum testing that has happened here, and we have done some doozies over the years!

This is still maybe the coolest forum testing that has happened here, and we have done some doozies over the years!

I think so too. Can't believe I'm going to be a part of it. Also can't believe they allowed Wardy hehe

Can't wait to see and hear more.

Also curious if it will retrieve a wedge from the prior hole. Lol

After putting it together I couldn’t help to take it out for a test run. No charging, the remote was fully charged, battery for the cart was 3/4 full. Let’s just say I was impressed. More to come hopefully tomorrow if I can get it on course. If not, it will have to wait until Thursday.

Well hello friends! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

21B78455-347B-4530-85A3-9681B97F313F.jpeg

After a bit of being outsmarted by the device, because I thought I was smarter than the instructions, I figured out how to assemble it.

Related: Read the instructions, and pay attention to them. The first lever is obvious. The second kinda blends in. The circled is indeed a lever, and you’re gonna want to unlatch that one.

B1BA874B-FD93-46A5-8C10-D9123B9C01ED.jpeg

The battery, albeit relatively charged, is a pretty simple plug and play. Little magician work, and you can figure this one and the remote out.

A691EFC7-6839-40D7-A327-4C56C12ACC46.jpeg

It comes with the straps, but they’re in a separate package. Open it up, clip them in with relative ease, and strap in your bag. You’re good to go! Add the “uh oh” wheel for hills and such so it won’t tip over, and you’re ready to go after fully charged!

F27C9C90-9829-447C-8857-529DA6777279.jpeg

I’ll let it charge this evening, install the battery, and give it a test run down my street a bit. It did come with an accessory kit (Motocaddy, you are awesome for including this for us!) so I will install all of that when I’m ready to give it a go. The excitement level is high, and my Friday tee time is booked!

Well hello friends! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

View attachment 9009327

After a bit of being outsmarted by the device, because I thought I was smarter than the instructions, I figured out how to assemble it.

Related: Read the instructions, and pay attention to them. The first lever is obvious. The second kinda blends in. The circled is indeed a lever, and you’re gonna want to unlatch that one.

View attachment 9009330

The battery, albeit relatively charged, is a pretty simple plug and play. Little magician work, and you can figure this one and the remote out.

View attachment 9009331

It comes with the straps, but they’re in a separate package. Open it up, clip them in with relative ease, and strap in your bag. You’re good to go! Add the “uh oh” wheel for hills and such so it won’t tip over, and you’re ready to go after fully charged!

View attachment 9009332

I’ll let it charge this evening, install the battery, and give it a test run down my street a bit. It did come with an accessory kit (Motocaddy, you are awesome for including this for us!) so I will install all of that when I’m ready to give it a go. The excitement level is high, and my Friday tee time is booked!

Awesome write-up Wardy, looking forward to your rounds and feedback w/ it

Really looking forward to following this thread and hearing what you guys think about it!

Back