The 2021 PGA Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored By Titleist

seen on Get Up!, Foxworth (and I agree as well) said Phil's win at 50 is more impressive than Brady's (Bucs) SB victory...

great tournament! shocking to believe Phil held up to that for 4 days. The slow play would have wrecked my fragile temperment no less that course. The ending was out of control and outside of reasonable golf spectator behavior imo.

Did you say that when the fans did it to Tiger and Rory at the Players? I think the enthusiasm is spectacular. I love golf but watching these tournaments can be as much fun as getting teeth pulled. Sunday was finally a fun finish to a major in a while.

I woke up still not a Phil fan, but dammit, that was still one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen in golf or golf majors. That was truly historic.

Did you say that when the fans did it to Tiger and Rory at the Players? I think the enthusiasm is spectacular. I love golf but watching these tournaments can be as much fun as getting teeth pulled. Sunday was finally a fun finish to a major in a while.

am I wrong or did they pour onto the course as Tiger was approaching the green? I felt having that amount of people on the course surrounding both players on the approach shot was a bit too much and dangerous. I never felt Tiger was at risk and his playing partner may have already been on the green. I like the enthusiasm as well but it shoud not interfere with Brooks.

am I wrong or did they pour onto the course as Tiger was approaching the green? I felt having that amount of people on the course surrounding both players on the approach shot was a bit too much and dangerous. I never felt Tiger was at risk and his playing partner may have already been on the green. I like the enthusiasm as well but it shoud not interfere with Brooks.

Enthusiasm is great. Trying to jump on a guy who is trying to win a damned tournament and not respecting personal boundaries because you can't control yourself is another.

The crowds were phenomenal but there is no sport where you should be able to be that close to a player in the middle of the competition. At an event like a golf tournament everyone should respect personal space. Especially of the competitors. Unfortunately it looks like the marshals weren't prepared to keep everyone away long enough to reach the green.

It didn't exactly help that Phil was being Phil among the people when he missed left to start his walk to the green. Had he been in the middle of fairway people might have kept their distance.

Very exciting finish. One of the best PGA's and majors of late. Right up there with Tiger in 2019 for me. Hope this helps elevate the PGA in terms of people's opinion. On the radio last week, Taylor Zarzour and a few others were talking about the exemptions for Rickie into the PGA and Phil at Torrey and wondering how long Phil should keep trying to play the PGA Tour. Wonder if this changes the conversation! :p

Easily a more impressive win for FIGJAM yesterday than it was for Tiger in 2019. I don't even think Tiger is even close to done in the majors yet. He was probably watching yesterday and telling himself now I am going to have to win one at 51...to one-up Phil.

50 freakin' years old; longest course in major history; 8 years since last major. I mean, what Lefty did will likely never be done ever again.

You mean when the crowd of people walked behind the final group (it was Rory and Tiger)? If the crowd walked behind Brooks and let him get to the green safely, it would have been better. As it sits, I agree with Brooks, that crowd didn't give a shît about him so why should he give a shît about that crowd.

Has anyone seen anything on how rangefinders affected pace of play? Over the weekend, pace seemed to be about normal for a major. I think Phil and Bruce got around in 4:35-4:40.

Has anyone seen anything on how rangefinders affected pace of play? Over the weekend, pace seemed to be about normal for a major. I think Phil and Bruce got around in 4:35-4:40.

Friday rounds I heard were 5.5hrs. Wind & 3some’s probably had a lot to do w/ that, but still pretty long rounds.

I don't think they controlled the crowd very well at the end. I don't think they should have been allowed to run in behind like that, at least until the players all reached the green. Then they could have surrounded the green. But I have to agree with Brooks

Phil's got to be slightly tempted to go for the back-to-back with the Senior PGA this week, no? How many opportunities does one have to win both the PGA in the same season?

Phil's got to be slightly tempted to go for the back-to-back with the Senior PGA this week, no? How many opportunities does one have to win both the PGA in the same season?

He is playing in the PGA event.

The more I hear Koepka talk, the less I like him.

He was probably a bit pissed yesterday. I'll give him a break .... right at the knee. :ROFLMAO: Sorry.Couldn't help it.

Seriously, I won't judge him based on yesterday. He missed so many short putts that would have handed him the PGA. He blew it... badly. He was pissed at himself. And the 18th was the icing on the cake.

He was probably a bit pissed yesterday. I'll give him a break .... right at the knee. :ROFLMAO: Sorry.Couldn't help it.

Seriously, I won't judge him based on yesterday. He missed so many short putts that would have handed him the PGA. He blew it... badly. He was pissed at himself. And the 18th was the icing on the cake.
I too was somewhat taken back by Koepka's interview. IF your knee isn't 100% then don't play. It seems he was waving it around as an excuse. He certainly wouldn't have accepted an excuse from anybody else had he won.

Still buzzing. Didn’t think I’d see Phil win again. Flashbacks to Tiger at the 19 Masters. What a treat!

Good on Brooks for tweeting out a congrats to Phil.

That was a fun battle to watch. I really thought Koepka was gonna take it, but his putting let him down.

I was actually pulling for Louis Oos.

I was pulling for Lefty all the way. I've cheered for him for over 25 years. It was great to see history being made. In his usual Lefty manner he sure made me nervous at times, but Koepka and Oosty sure didn't capitalize when they had chances. Made for a fun watch.

Last edited:
It wasn't all the missed putts that did Koepka. In...iit was his play on the part 5s yesterday that cost him.

It wasn't all the missed putts that did Koepka. In...iit was his play on the part 5s yesterday that cost him.
You mean 3 over on Sunday isn't good?! :unsure:

Back