Live Update Thread: The Edel Experience with Club Champion

Sitting in the hotel room reflecting while I wait for my flight. Have to say, this was all-around an incredible experience. All the golf and equipment aside, I could have just come here to hang out with Josh, Koske, and Brad, and had an equally good time. The company was every bit as great as the experience itself. This experience was unique, because I came alone, but I never felt out of place or like a stranger. That said, getting fit, seeing the Edel SMS wedges in action, and learning all the back story, was incredible to me. It was pretty mind blowing to see the difference in numbers from my current wedges. I'll definitely get pictures of the wedges to update once they arrive.
Know the feeling real well I think @Gman79 would agree that the amazing equipment is only a part of the experience with the stories, memories, and knowledge learned being such a amazing part of these that is something you know you’ll hold onto for a lifetime.

sorry for back to backers - might be hugely frowned on, but oh well frown on me all oyu want... Catching up and this seems like a perfect moment to showcase the wedges ability. Anyone have thoughts to share on wedge and how it performed from this shot?

JB with the money putt on 18. Anyone have video on it?

Sitting in the hotel room reflecting while I wait for my flight. Have to say, this was all-around an incredible experience. All the golf and equipment aside, I could have just come here to hang out with Josh, Koske, and Brad, and had an equally good time. The company was every bit as great as the experience itself. This experience was unique, because I came alone, but I never felt out of place or like a stranger. That said, getting fit, seeing the Edel SMS wedges in action, and learning all the back story, was incredible to me. It was pretty mind blowing to see the difference in numbers from my current wedges. I'll definitely get pictures of the wedges to update once they arrive.

It was a pleasure having everybody in Willowbrook! Come back any time Ty!

Know the feeling real well I think @Gman79 would agree that the amazing equipment is only a part of the experience with the stories, memories, and knowledge learned being such a amazing part of these that is something you know you’ll hold onto for a lifetime.

Agreed - but no matter what never alone here on THP - it may have been the four of you in Chicago, but a lot of people live followed and others like me picked up your story after it was all done!

Awesome job and another dynamic pairing of great golf companies!

Well done THP, CC, and Edel! Congrats again @Tywithay ! Can’t wait to chat SMS wedges with you when yours get in!

@Tywithay was fantastic and I look forward to hooking up with him again. Just a great guy. If you get a chance to tee it up with him, do it, lots of fun.

This looked like a blast. That Edel fitting bag is quite the setup.

All looked and sounded great. Glad you had an awesome time @Tywithay ! Look forward to the continued inside scoop on the details of the Edel wedges. Thanks Edel - Koske, CC, and @JB for giving another THP'er a one of a kind experience. And clutch putt @JB !!

This was a great follow for the last two days! Thanks for bringing us all along for the ride with you @Tywithay !

Wasn't able to follow along live with this thread but just finished going through it. Those wedges look awesome and cannot wait to see the finished product. The food and the course looked great as well. Thanks for bringing us along THP.

Just read through, thanks for taking me along vicariously! The food, the course, those wedges 😍

Wedges should be heading my way pretty soon. (y)

Still undecided if I want to get them stamped or keep them naked. They're such good looking wedges, I almost hate to mess with perfection.
I absolutely cannot wait to blow up the SMS thread with you chatting these when you get yours in hand! I'm FINALLY getting mine out tomorrow!

Still undecided if I want to get them stamped or keep them naked. They're such good looking wedges, I almost hate to mess with perfection.
How many chances will you get to have custom stamped wedges?

This was incredible. I finally got caught up. What an amazing time!!

I think I'd go stamped, BUT regardless, I hope we get a chance to tee it up soon so I can see you hit some darts with these beauties. :cool:

Been some ups and downs in the process, but my wedges have arrived to put the cherry on top of this amazing experience. I can't thank everyone involved enough, especially Josh, Chris, and Brad, though I know a bunch of people behind the scenes are responsible, as well as the whole THP community.

Now the pleasantries have been addressed. The wedges...

I didn't actually know what was coming in this box. Aside from the fact that it was a set of wedges, I had no direct input on the stamping. Throughout the trip I just told Koske a little bit about myself and told him to let the stamper do his thing. Do his thing he did...

20210625_183142.jpg
20210625_183336.jpg

First is the 54 T grind. Simple, but speaks for itself.
20210625_184002.jpg

Second is the 50 degree C grind. Growing up, my dad was a diehard KU fan. I wasn't even given a choice on who to root for. I distinctly remember getting a KState hat from a family member one birthday and my dad literally threw it away. If you've ever been to a game, this chant will leave an impression.

20210625_184051.jpg

Last is the 58 degree C grind. Most probably aren't aware, I used to be a professional bowler. I am retired now, but it is still huge part of who I am. My dad actually owns a bowling alley now and my little brother was the youngest PBA bowler in history. It's in my blood. This is perfect. Not only is it a great movie, but it's totally fitting.

20210625_183839.jpg

The devil is in the details.

20210625_184749.jpg

They got the stamp of approval from the boss of the house as well.

20210625_184406.jpg

Last edited:
So glad you like them.
looking forward to the updates in the review thread

Back