Cobra weights arrived, gonna try the 12g first see what that does. Makes XB about 4.5 swingweight. The 8g is a little over 3. 6g over 2. Nice range to try. This is with the RDX Blue 46.75 with standard TV +4 grip.

View attachment 9008738
46.75! Going DEEP! (y)(y)(y)(y)

Cobra weights arrived, gonna try the 12g first see what that does. Makes XB about 4.5 swingweight. The 8g is a little over 3. 6g over 2. Nice range to try. This is with the RDX Blue 46.75 with standard TV +4 grip.

View attachment 9008738

46.75 eh? You are not messing around.

View attachment 9008738

i love that driver in Peacoat!!! ❤️

I am so excited to hit this driver. Can't wait till they arrive.

I still wished the Cobra performed the best for me as a gamer head, most consistent spin across the face I have seen with a driver ever. Just came out too low as others have mentioned with my delivery and shaft choice.

Oops. Typo sorry I meant 45.75”!

So I hit a large bucket at the range today with the 12g heavy weight and it just seemed right. I was centering most of everything.

This new Radspeed XB driver face is so cool, I’m sure all the models are the same, but you hit a drive and you can see the ball spot on the face without adding any spray etc. and it wipes right off.

Tomorrow I head to the course for the start of 3 rounds next 3 days. Love this Cobra driver.

Well after the honeymoon wore off, I was not enjoying my tour length radspeed xb anymore with the rdx blue shaft. Too low launching, so I had to crank it up which then was just causing me to pull or hook since I was closing the face. I try to play a fade so it was just too much work to make it work.

That being said, threw my ventus blue it in from last year and bam, we are golden. Flight is where I want it and a nice easy fade. Very happy now. Not a whole lot different than my SZ from last year but will hope for a little extra forgiveness over the course of the year.

I had thought I had read that the rdx blue and ventus blue were similar but I am seeing some drastic differences. I know every swing is different but now I am wondering if its the shaft or the tour length that I wasn't getting a long with.

Well after the honeymoon wore off, I was not enjoying my tour length radspeed xb anymore with the rdx blue shaft. Too low launching, so I had to crank it up which then was just causing me to pull or hook since I was closing the face. I try to play a fade so it was just too much work to make it work.

That being said, threw my ventus blue it in from last year and bam, we are golden. Flight is where I want it and a nice easy fade. Very happy now. Not a whole lot different than my SZ from last year but will hope for a little extra forgiveness over the course of the year.

I had thought I had read that the rdx blue and ventus blue were similar but I am seeing some drastic differences. I know every swing is different but now I am wondering if its the shaft or the tour length that I wasn't getting a long with.
How much longer is the Ventus? I don't think those shaft profiles are similar at all as the RDX Blue is a counterbalanced shaft with a soft mid section and firm butt and tip while the Ventus has a super stiff tip and stiff midsection with a firm butt.

How much longer is the Ventus? I don't think those shaft profiles are similar at all as the RDX Blue is a counterbalanced shaft with a soft mid section and firm butt and tip while the Ventus has a super stiff tip and stiff midsection with a firm butt.

Thanks! Probably a matter of misinformation on my end. I remember watching a review site put them head to head and thought they said they were similar but again, probably a mishear on my end.

Overall its roughly 3/4 to an 1 inch longer or so, I'd need to measure. I was super happy with the ventus last year so I am excited to use it with the XB. At least now I can finally go ahead and move on from my SZ as its been lurking at me from the golf closet.

First round with the XB radspeed and I am impressed. Don't be negative by the average. I was getting used to just the look of it. It looks way chunkier than my B21. So first nine I played a TP5 and was just coaxing the ball, taking nice even swings. Back nine I switched up to a ProV1, and let loose a little more. Most shape was straight as an arrow with maybe a slight baby fade. Had one mishit that the whole swing felt wonky. Still went straight but was poorly struck. Using the Matore F1 in stiff flex. 10.5 degree tuned down -1, with draw setting. Getting a nice roll out too, which it what I want. I'm coming from a Matore Speeder V2. Screenshot_20210528-132845.jpg

Wondering if anyone has hit the XB (or regular RS) with F3 shaft in regular vs stiff. I have the F3 regular in my RS 7 wood and like the feel. Current gamer is G400Max with an Xtorsion 60 stiff and I think I'm aging (and smoothing my swing) into a less stiff shaft.

Thanks! Probably a matter of misinformation on my end. I remember watching a review site put them head to head and thought they said they were similar but again, probably a mishear on my end.

Overall its roughly 3/4 to an 1 inch longer or so, I'd need to measure. I was super happy with the ventus last year so I am excited to use it with the XB. At least now I can finally go ahead and move on from my SZ as its been lurking at me from the golf closet.
I think you're right about them being in the same launch category but the shaft characteristics are different. So they would technically be comparable.

Just had a failed experiment with the Epic Speed so I think I’m going either XB or XD. Given I like lime/neon yellow it’s the best looking driver out there for me. I tested these both in March on the course and hit both well. The XB seemed longer on solid swings (more in the tank so to speak) the XD seemed easier to hit the FW but a little shorter. So I’m torn on which way to go. I really liked last years Xtreme but would often push it to where with most drivers I draw it back. Decisions decisions. Could still even go back to the Xtreme. Haven’t ruled it out yet.

In comparing them in the store the Xtreme wants to fall open at address to where the Rads were more neutral. Both nice to my eye.

Just had a failed experiment with the Epic Speed so I think I’m going either XB or XD. Given I like lime/neon yellow it’s the best looking driver out there for me. I tested these both in March on the course and hit both well. The XB seemed longer on solid swings (more in the tank so to speak) the XD seemed easier to hit the FW but a little shorter. So I’m torn on which way to go. I really liked last years Xtreme but would often push it to where with most drivers I draw it back. Decisions decisions. Could still even go back to the Xtreme. Haven’t ruled it out yet.

In comparing them in the store the Xtreme wants to fall open at address to where the Rads were more neutral. Both nice to my eye.
Only logical answer, get both!😎

Only logical answer, get both!😎

If I didn’t drop $529 on an epic this week I would lol. With some prices I found online, could almost get both for the price of an epic :). Wish I could find a 12* head as I really don’t need a shaft. Have an even flow green and GD Ys Nano Reloaded with Cobra tips

I'm gaming the Extreme with love. For those that liked the extreme, what new head to you like best?

I'm gaming the Extreme with love. For those that liked the extreme, what new head to you like best?
Having gamed the Xtreme last year, the XB is more similar in how it plays. Having said that though the XB head is a little more compact than the Xtreme when looking down on them if that matters

thank you! I will likely pick one up this fall in my same 9 degree loft and will use it as an opportunity to try a shaft I don't have.

First range session with the XB. Point and shoot. I had to really exaggerate a swing to get it to slice or hook. Had a beautiful draw working today. Get 18 in tomorrow with arccos to track distances.

First round with the XB radspeed and I am impressed. Don't be negative by the average. I was getting used to just the look of it. It looks way chunkier than my B21. So first nine I played a TP5 and was just coaxing the ball, taking nice even swings. Back nine I switched up to a ProV1, and let loose a little more. Most shape was straight as an arrow with maybe a slight baby fade. Had one mishit that the whole swing felt wonky. Still went straight but was poorly struck. Using the Matore F1 in stiff flex. 10.5 degree tuned down -1, with draw setting. Getting a nice roll out too, which it what I want. I'm coming from a Matore Speeder V2. View attachment 9009961
Great to hear coming from the B21 as well. I love that driver, but it is super high flying. I get a ton of carry and If I could have just a bit more piercing flight it would be awesome.

I forgot I had one of these :oops:

Great to hear coming from the B21 as well. I love that driver, but it is super high flying. I get a ton of carry and If I could have just a bit more piercing flight it would be awesome.
I have a 9 degree B21 so I get a low flight with lots of roll.

Back