KBS Tour One Step Putter Shaft Review

Bumping as I ponder. Anyone gaming this guy for awhile?

How does it feel vs stroke lab?. And any installation issues for a shaft over like many slant neck putters have?

How does it feel vs stroke lab?. And any installation issues for a shaft over like many slant neck putters have?
Mentioned in the article, but any straight shaft putter can have this installed into it

Mentioned in the article, but any straight shaft putter can have this installed into it
Got it, I actually saw that, but was not sure if it was an over the post or a in the hosel like an anser/plumbers neck. I always assumed those were different sizes.

I received my KBS one step matte black shaft yesterday - thanks UPS (3 days late):rolleyes:. Anyway, I installed it last night in my Machine long neck putter. I have shaft epoxy, but used gorilla epoxy due it's 5 minute set up. I pre cut the shaft using the old one as a guide for proper length. Did the install - I tipped it 1/4"- just because. Later installed the grip master grip with a 3" clevis pin for a back weight. As I was measuring the light bulb went on and I cut the shaft 1" over length. Tested it last night - felt great - sounded great. Got a real feel for the back weight that the 1" extra afforded me. Used my putting/trainer mat and from 3 5 and 7 feet - maybe 1 miss for each 15 or putts. Used it again this morning - similar results and just finished round 3 15 putts from 3 ft, 30 from 5 and 45 from 7. I don't just do this as test, I do it for overall putting improvement - but this putter - has been lights out - it's as if it's a brand new thing - the back weight/shaft/head/grip all work very well together. I will take it to the course Saturday.

When I was using the same head with he UST frequency filtered shaft - I had once thought it was super - but the difference is just remarkable. I took the old version of the putter to the Experience, and it stayed in the bag after the 2nd or 3rd hole - the eco 7s just felt so much better. I will do a putt off on course this weekend - but I think I have 2 putters that inspire great confidence now - that's a great feeling.

Oh, for anyone asking, my shaft arrived with the shaft sticker not applied - so it's optional (I assume).

Does anyone have long term feedback on this shaft? I'm in ponder mode on a few different models but the price of this is pretty enticing.

Does anyone have long term feedback on this shaft? I'm in ponder mode on a few different models but the price of this is pretty enticing.
I’ve still got it in the putter I did the review for, Mizuno M Craft V. My thoughts remain the same from the review many months and over 100 rounds in, what is it you’re curious about specifically?

I have been using one for 3 months now. I like it, I have a hard time defining what is different, but there is a difference to it. But I like it and just ordered a second to put in a different head.

Reactions: KEV
I’ve used mine for about 2-3 weeks, so far very happy. I do need to remove the grip and better secure the counterweight. But that’s my bad, not the shaft.

I liked this shaft in the past and was just looking at them again. They are $95 dollars now! 🤯🤯

Back