LIVE UPDATE THREAD Shaft Up #2 Contest and Live Update Thread

Just got caught up. Great match down the stretch and congrats to @JB and @DannyLe. Can't wait to follow along again tomorrow for round 2!! Dinner looks amazing as always!!

Unfortunately, phone died on 17. But, the Bad guys were victorious 3 and 1.

What a fantastic course and group of people to play with.

Getting ready for dinner and later tonight I will have a full experience of the fitting with Danny. He is such a great guy and the knowledge he has about fitting is awesome to absorb.

Note to self. Bring phone charging bank and a cord to prevent this from happening.

I'm blown away by the picture of Bellerive today - that place looks just amazing right now. I might have to change my wallpaper at work to a couple that were posted today.

Really entertaining match, you guys kept the gallery entertained all afternoon. @JB and @DannyLe posting some great scores! What a Day!

I'm blown away by the picture of Bellerive today - that place looks just amazing right now. I might have to change my wallpaper at work to a couple that were posted today.

Really entertaining match, you guys kept the gallery entertained all afternoon. @JB and @DannyLe posting some great scores! What a Day!
I promise follow tomorrow and the pictures will be even better. The weather looks fantastic.

I would rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it. Gotta stay connected to the THPers!

@Parrot hooked me up with a mobile charge bank while we were THP'ing once - it was priceless 🙌

Just got caught up and wow, the course looks amazing, great match. That food also looks soooo good. Cannot wait to follow along tomorrow as work will allow.

Just catching up. Great match today and looking forward to tomorrow's round. And my dinner tonight did not look as good as those plates.

Just finished catching up on the day.... was in and out, but what a fantastic course, some fantastic golf all around and, of course, the food and swag was amazing! Can't wait to follow along tomorrow! Have a great day!

Oh, and I finally broke my personal jinx..... finally picked the winner!

Recap for the day:

First, I couldn’t ask for a nicer person to experience this with. @rlefig aka “the fig” has been a great teammate and person to have a great time with. I would invite him over and golf anytime ever with him.

Fitting:

I was first up and while I am never going to be mistaken for a Pro player 😉, my swing was consistent at the range with my normal swing. With that @DannyLe was able to try a few combinations to help get my launch angle and spin down. I normally hit in the 18-21° launch and over spin in the 3000+ range.

We tried the ST-X first with a few lighter shafts, and gradually moved up in weight. Next, I hit the ST-Z, but the numbers were not that great. It looked like the Helium shaft was going to be the winner, but after a few swings with the LinQ Blue, I was set. Getting my launch and spin down and increasing the carry was all you needed to see.

My carry increased from 215 to 222 and with the lower launch and spin the roll out is going to go even further.

Taking the driver out to the course was a bit different. Had some really nice drives and a few that I was trying to make sure I was in the fairway a bit more which lost distance. That was a bit in my head as I drove first and wanted to get my partner a decent chance to really go for it. Not surprisingly my 18th Tee drive probably was one of my best. Just gripping and ripping.

Tomorrow, it’s going to be just let it fly.

Anyone that doesn’t sign up the Shaft Up 3 is just missing out.

Last edited:
Not sure if I posted all the SWAG, so here it is.

E6CE499A-82A5-4C37-855B-A481A8C8B595.jpeg
602ED58A-9D73-4220-9F8E-ADA793271A40.jpeg

Hitting the Pro Shop tomorrow for our Contest winner and surely not leaving without a Bellerive Shirt for myself.

Recap for the day:

First, I couldn’t ask for a nicer person to experience this with. @rlefig aka “the fig” has been a great teammate and person to have a great time with. I would invite him over and golf anytime ever with him.

Fitting:

I was first up and while I am never going to be mistaken for a Pro player 😉, my swing was consistent at the range with my normal swing. With that @DannyLe was able to try a few combinations to help get my launch angle and spin down. I normally hit in the 18-21° launch and over spin in the 3000+ range.

We tried the ST-X first with a few lighter shafts, and gradually moved up in weight. Next, I hit the ST-Z, but the numbers were not that great. It looked like the Helium shaft was going to be the winner, but after a few swings with the LinQ Blue, I was set. Getting my launch and spin down and increasing the carry was all you needed to see.

My carry increased from 215 to 222 and with the lower launch and spin the roll out is going to go even further.

Taking the driver out to the course was a bit different. Had some really nice drives and a few that I was trying to make sure I was in the fairway a bit more which lost distance. That was a bit in my head as I drove first and wanted to get my partner a decent chance to really go for it. Not surprisingly my 18th Tee drive probably was one of my best. Just gripping and ripping.

Tomorrow, it’s going to be just let it fly.

Anyone that doesn’t sign up the Shaft Up 3 is just missing out.
Well done to both of you today!! Enjoy the night with some great company!!

Wow what a course! Then there’s the fitting, food, and swag. What a great experience.

The swag is off the charts for this thing! Love this series!

Such a good follow today. Congrats @JB and @DannyLe on the win.

Back