Cleveland Golf RTX Full-Face Wedges

Ddec churning out the reviews.

Enjoyed the Zipcore the couple of times i got my hands on them - if I was in the market this would be a 58° i’d bag full face and tour raw my lord it moved

I almost convinced myself that I needed these until I played great today with my CBX 2 FF. I think I may get a 58* down the road but I would be a fool to change currently.

I'm a sucker for a full faced wedge, but the CBX is more my speed. I bet folks that are better with wedges will enjoy the heck out of these though.

Those are some great looking wedges, especially the Tour Satin and C grind is my kind of jam!

I'm due to replace my 58* PM grind and this could be a great option.

I'm due to replace my 58* PM grind and this could be a great option.

and I know looks are personal, but I think these look way better than the PM Grind in terms of shape and offset.

and I know looks are personal, but I think these look way better than the PM Grind in terms of shape and offset.
I know they are both full face grooved wedges, but I think they have different missions personally. With a longer and more offset face, the PM grind I feel is more for flop and sand shots. That's just my opinion though. They are both great looking wedges, just think they might suit someone differently, especially when you get in the 58 and above lofts.

In a similar boat. :unsure: tough to drop $180 on an unfamiliar wedge grind when the PM is so good to me.
I have also heard rumors of a new PM grind coming out sometime this summer. Not sure how true that is, but that's the word on the street I have heard.

I know they are both full face grooved wedges, but I think they have different missions personally. With a longer and more offset face, the PM grind I feel is more for flop and sand shots. That's just my opinion though. They are both great looking wedges, just think they might suit someone differently, especially when you get in the 58 and above lofts.

maybe? I mean right on Cleveland's homepage it says "This is not a wedge, it's a flop shot machine."
I think it's just a different way to get a similar result and that's cool.

maybe? I mean right on Cleveland's homepage it says "This is not a wedge, it's a flop shot machine."
I think it's just a different way to get a similar result and that's cool.
I can agree with this. I will say the big difference in the two minus the shape is the direction of the micro grooves. Cleveland's run parallel with the other grooves, but PM grinds run diagonal, which when you open the face, I would think this affects things a little differently. I may be way off though. What do you think?

ordered a 60* satin to go with my 56* CBX. Hoping it comes fairly soon as I think it will be a fun option to have when I am short sided.

I can agree with this. I will say the big difference in the two minus the shape is the direction of the micro grooves. Cleveland's run parallel with the other grooves, but PM grinds run diagonal, which when you open the face, I would think this affects things a little differently. I may be way off though. What do you think?

I thought when Callaway did that with the grooves it was brilliant, esp from a marketing side. Those micro-grooves though break down and don't have the impact that the traditional grooves have IMO.

Neither will win a beauty contest, but for that spot it's all about playability.

love seeing more wedges with a full face of grooves! :cool:

I don't need a raw full face.

Inside his head lookin online at the zipcore full face..

Have really liked my callaways, but may need to try these out!

Had a rough outing with my PM Grind 58* and, in a moment of weakness, bought an RTX Full Face that was staring at me in the pro shop. Admittedly, we're still honeymooning but my gosh these are SO GOOOOOOD.

I didn't realize how much I was avoiding my 58* until I replaced it with a new one.

Had a rough outing with my PM Grind 58* and, in a moment of weakness, bought an RTX Full Face that was staring at me in the pro shop. Admittedly, we're still honeymooning but my gosh these are SO GOOOOOOD.

I didn't realize how much I was avoiding my 58* until I replaced it with a new one.
nice, pretty sure i'd buy one of these if i saw them in the wild.

I would be interested in hearing how you contrast playing the PM grind to the RTX Full face. The PM grind is ugly as sin in my eyes but there has to be a method to its madness.

I would be interested in hearing how you contrast playing the PM grind to the RTX Full face. The PM grind is ugly as sin in my eyes but there has to be a method to its madness.

For me, this one is much easier to play especially with the face open. I never liked how much bounce there was on the PM grind (12* vs 9* on the RTX), and the leading edge was so curved I felt like I could never get a proper strike. I know that goes against a lot of common thoughts on here, but that's my experience. I've been pretty picky with my wedges on here, but I can't say enough good things about the Cleveland.

Anyone play a 50 or 52 in the full face offering?

Yesterday played one of these and two shots really struck out to me on how they assisted. First was an awkward bunker lie that I had to really manipulate the club head to open. When I came through impact, I hit the very top of the wedge and toe side, and the ball popped out to a short sided pin and stopped on a dime. The grooves in that area were filled with sand I knew it did its job. I was honestly just hoping to give myself a chance at the pop, which I missed anyway, but to have it stop so suddenly was fantastic.

The second shot was out of the rough on the first hole, right behind the green. I hit a poor drive and left myself 185 out and went a bit deep. Once again I was short sided, and had to open the club face up a bit. Thick rough that just grabs the club head is back there and it popped up perfectly and landed softly. Allowed me to make the putt and start the round off okay.

Anyone play a 50 or 52 in the full face offering?

I messed around with the 52. I really liked it for chipping, which I didn't think I would.

Back