Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

new addition to the family - will be interesting to compare the F9 with Devotion 7S with the RadSpeed with F3R.

Attachments

• cobras - 2.jpeg
    cobras - 2.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 17
  • cobras - 1.jpeg
    cobras - 1.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 15
Got these out to the range, first time swinging since straining the lower back a week ago (trying to overhit driver). Was swinging very easy, first a few wedges, then a few 8i, then picked up the RS 3W. Shaft is the F3 regular flex, and I left it at 14.5*. My F9 3W has a devotion 75g in stiff and is set at 15.5. Hit off a very short tee as I was trying to be gentle on the back. First easy swing with the RS goes dead straight, probably about 185. I’d expect about 210 with a strong swing and non-range ball so not bad. Went back and forth between the two. Seemed that launch was about the same, I think the Motore made up for the lower loft compared to the F9. No bad balls, I may also swap shafts around for grins but the goal was to get a bit easier hitting set up as it is clearly I need to stay within myself when swinging.

22624D2A-168D-45F9-BA87-372793F767AA.jpeg
I gave the rails a workout tonight....

Just got out for the first time with my Morgan Cup bag. I am absolutely crushing my new fairways and hybrid! My 7 wood is not my favorite club in the bag!
A cool thing that I did with my fairways is that I am playing both at 5 wood length(42.75 in). This really seems to give me an opuurtunity to use a single swing set up and let the loft do the distance gapping for me.
My very first hole with my clubs, I hit driver, 7 wood to about 25ft, and sunk the putt for an eagle!!! Great part was my dad and brother were there to help me celebrate.

In my bag:
3 wood- 14.5* RadSpeed with Motore F1 7s
7 wood- 22.5* RadSpeed with Motore F1 7s
4 hybrid: RadSpeed OL with 480 ES F4
0FD486B5-5039-49E0-8EB0-E45CDBE7A00F.jpeg
3A927AFB-E6BD-402C-8DB8-A8107B08FA43.jpeg
1B8B025F-4BB0-4D92-AACC-3A6ABCFEE47A.jpeg
160B5BA4-1D38-46E7-8F1D-CB7BF462978D.jpeg
66607734-65C3-41E8-99B9-D00CDA0CD9EC.jpeg
This is the picture of the result from the very first time I hit the 7 wood. 220 yards to about 25ft for eagle(which I drained)!

Hit 3 phenomenal shots with my 7 wood today.

Punched one under a tree and over a pond (Hero Shot :ROFLMAO:) to just over the back of the green from 155.

Hit one from 180 over a large tree about 70 yards in front of me onto the green on the longest par 4 on the front 9.

Dropped one to about 15' on the 175 yard par 3 on the back 9.

Hit 3 phenomenal shots with my 7 wood today.

Punched one under a tree and over a pond (Hero Shot :ROFLMAO:) to just over the back of the green from 155.

Hit one from 180 over a large tree about 70 yards in front of me onto the green on the longest par 4 on the front 9.

Dropped one to about 15' on the 175 yard par 3 on the back 9.

Isn’t it crazy how awesome a 7 wood is?!
I do not know how I have played golf this long without one

Finally starting to get a feel for the fairway woods after a range session today, although it looks like I should have gone with a 7 wood 😜

Isn’t it crazy how awesome a 7 wood is?!
I do not know how I have played golf this long without one
It is such a good club. On any course I play at the length my buddies play (6500ish) instead of the length I should play (6200ish) there is always a couple of par 4's I will use it on for approach and at least one but usually two par 3's I use it on. Obviously it's a great 2nd shot club on most par 5's too. Very useful for my game.

It is such a good club. On any course I play at the length my buddies play (6500ish) instead of the length I should play (6200ish) there is always a couple of par 4's I will use it on for approach and at least one but usually two par 3's I use it on. Obviously it's a great 2nd shot club on most par 5's too. Very useful for my game.
What also surprised me, I am playing it at 42.75in and it is almost as long as my old 4 wood. Maybe 10-15 yards shorter but the 7 wood is a lot more useful.

Picked up a Radspeed big tour 3 wood. I believe it’s going to be a great 2nd option off the tee. Will see how it works off the turf

A lot happened yesterday that I did not write about. I went to the range before a lesson and I was still practically topping the hybrid every time. Every other club was a thing of beauty.

So I go to my lesson and I tell him that the only club in the bag that I am having problems with is the hybrid so we start working on wedges of course. Basically the spiel was that I got to a low 80's golfer by controlling the flight of my ball from side to side so now I need to flight the ball better vertically. He wanted to see me really work on my punch capabilities. This led to him seeing that I am heeling shots a lot so we worked on getting contact more in the center of the face which helped the trajectory control. So I got some drills for all of that. Then it was on to the Driver. Ok, I bomb some drives and he says that looks good now go get the 3w. Ok that looks good now lets look at the hybrid. I take 2 shots and he asked what is the loft and I tell him 17*. He says ok then play it in your stance the way you would a driver. Off your heel and wide stance. 2 off the tee were higher the exact shot I was looking for out of the hybrid. Then he said ok take 2 off the ground with the same stance. 2 more perfect hybrids. Now go grab your 3w and do the same thing, and these 3w's were better than the ones I just hit 5 minutes before. He then says that the first thing he did was move my contact back to the center of the face then had me making a better swing with the adjustment of ball position. So after hitting a bunch of balls on Friday, then a range session and lesson on Saturday morning I then drove out for 18 on Saturday afternoon. I got to the course about 70 minutes early so I ate my packed lunch and then went to hit more balls. I was flighting everything with what I had just learned. I get up to the the 1st tee and hit a beauty of a drive. I took the 3w off the tee 1 time and hit out of the fairway with it 1 time. Both were ok, not what I was used to at the range but better than my previous 3w. Both were later in the round. The hybrid I hit of the tee on 2 and was a little thin, oops, but in the fairway. I then took the hybrid on 16 and hit the most majestic little draw with it. I think I love the hybrid now. lol. I just need to get a little more real course play with them and I think I can be dangerous with them.

TLDR - Radspeed 3w and 2h are awesome when you actually know how to hit them.

I absolutely love these fairway woods. High and strait. They also stop fast. I am sure I am backspinning them quite a bit, but I cannot complain about the way these things are playing. Latest GIR with one was from 192 out today with the 5 wood. Just pulled it about 4' left 😉

20210610_160823.jpg

Those FWs are treating you so well Dan, seems that you have the perfect fit right there #TeamHeadcovers

Those FWs are treating you so well Dan, seems that you have the perfect fit right there #TeamHeadcovers
Another today. 7W on 173 par 3. Then 3 jacked the birdie try 🤬

20210611_160141.jpg

First full round with Morgan Cup Cobra clubs...14 of em. Hybrids are just pure and the 3W was deadly accurate. 79 with no blow ups and no birds.

In my Morgan Cup setup I have a 7 wood and 5 Tour. The easiest launching FW I’ve ever hit is this RADSpeed 7W in Peacoat. High and long on the simulator and no way that ball doesn’t stop in the green. The perfect bail out tee club for days the driver isn’t working. Carried 225-230 with little effort.

The 5 tour. Better hit it well. When I put good swings on it the flight was perfect. Carry around 240 with a few longer. It Will require me to put in some extra work on strike. My biggest concern was the removal of my beloved CLK 2020 2H. This club does everything and seems more versatile off the tee. Feel is very nice.

So. Someone sell me on this as the 7W option I try out….

Oh snap. And Cobra offers the 8X AD HD 👀

Back