Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

I mean, it’s funny that this and the Mizuno have been getting all this new buzz because of some videos out there when some of us have been singing their praises from the start ;)

I pretty much alternate by round at this point with this and my ST-X, and they’ve both closed out pretty much all of the other current releases that I’ve got here which is high praise for Tour Edge especially as it’s TWO years in a row for me that they’ve done that.
I changed a few things about my swing and adjusted loft a but in my last range session. But my takeaway from a range session is just how easy it is to hit repeatable shots with this. Peppering the same spots on the range, which were all pretty straight, and deep.

I changed a few things about my swing and adjusted loft a but in my last range session. But my takeaway from a range session is just how easy it is to hit repeatable shots with this. Peppering the same spots on the range, which were all pretty straight, and deep.
Yup, it’s pretty wild it can be so ultra low spin, but still directionally balanced on misses. The more I think about it, the more it’s entering that “unicorn” realm.

Very cool, yet to play there. If I venture out that way it's usually to Sable.
It's a tough but fun course, tight. I would usually play somethig other than driver a lot, but wanting to give this a hard test. Performed well, and had 50% FIR. Some wayward shots, but overall good.

Yup, it’s pretty wild it can be so ultra low spin, but still directionally balanced on misses. The more I think about it, the more it’s entering that “unicorn” realm.
Funny you say unicorn. Typically I'll have a great round with a driver, then an average or poor. I've had 3 great rounds, and one good with the C721. My good round I still hit 50% FIR. It was only good, because the course was tight, and I needed to be in different spots to set up 2nd shots. Missed spots, but still hit fairways.

Its good!!

Funny you say unicorn. Typically I'll have a great round with a driver, then an average or poor. I've had 3 great rounds, and one good. My good round I still hit 50% FIR. It was only good, because the course was tight, and I needed to be in different spots to set up 2nd shots. Missed spots, but still hit fairways.
The balance and stability of it on misses given the low spin is pretty eye opening at times for sure. I adored and lauded the EXS Pro last year, and while this isn’t as low spin as that (about 100 rpm on avg for me) it is waaaaaaay more playable on the misses for sure.

I mean, it’s funny that this and the Mizuno have been getting all this new buzz because of some videos out there when some of us have been singing their praises from the start ;)

I pretty much alternate by round at this point with this and my ST-X, and they’ve both closed out pretty much all of the other current releases that I’ve got here which is high praise for Tour Edge especially as it’s TWO years in a row for me that they’ve done that.

It's similar to Tour validation I guess ;)

I think it's great that pretty much every major OEM (outside of maybe Wilson) is producing at least a quality driver these days.
If anything, it's great from a fitting and budget standpoint to have a good array of options to choose from.

But agree, you'd been on the Mizzy and TEE train this year for sure and they seem to both be really good. Tried the ST-X 12* and it was a hook machine for me...I am bummed the ST-Z doesn't come in a 12* option and as you mentioned the 721 is probably too low spin for me.

It's similar to Tour validation I guess ;)

I think it's great that pretty much every major OEM (outside of maybe Wilson) is producing at least a quality driver these days.
If anything, it's great from a fitting and budget standpoint to have a good array of options to choose from.

But agree, you'd been on the Mizzy and TEE train this year for sure and they seem to both be really good. Tried the ST-X 12* and it was a hook machine for me...I am bummed the ST-Z doesn't come in a 12* option and as you mentioned the 721 is probably too low spin for me.
Just because Tour is in a name....:LOL:

No one is making bad gear right now, hell, even the W/S driver head is decent.

Just because Tour is in a name....:LOL:

No one is making bad gear right now, hell, even the W/S driver head is decent.
if it wasn't 6* closed ;)
Everytime I see it in the store I think...wow that is a great looking head...very TSi looking. Then sole it and the closed appearance turns me off. Not sure why Wilson always has to have closed faces.

if it wasn't 6* closed ;)
Everytime I see it in the store I think...wow that is a great looking head...very TSi looking. Then sole it and the closed appearance turns me off. Not sure why Wilson always has to have closed faces.
Because 90% of golfers need them. ;)

Took the c721 filled bag of clubs out yesterday. 721 driver accompanied by the matching irons. Played front nine with 721 driver 2nd 9 with B21. 5 of 7 fairways on front. Great distance with a high ball flight. Have 721 set at 9.5 with blue rdx shaft. It is so nice to step up to that first tee and expect the ball to find the fairway. 721 has done a lot to take away 1st tee jitters.
Just for comparison sakes I decided to play the 2nd nine of the nine hole course with the B21. It is set at 9 degree with a graphite design tour ad tp stiff shaft. 4 of 7 fairways. Ball flight with this combo is lower while resulting in almost exact same distances.
The 721 is a joy to play. Guess I now have 2 unicorns. Appearance feel and sound in my opinion all favor TE.

E
Took the c721 filled bag of clubs out yesterday. 721 driver accompanied by the matching irons. Played front nine with 721 driver 2nd 9 with B21. 5 of 7 fairways on front. Great distance with a high ball flight. Have 721 set at 9.5 with blue rdx shaft. It is so nice to step up to that first tee and expect the ball to find the fairway. 721 has done a lot to take away 1st tee jitters.
Just for comparison sakes I decided to play the 2nd nine of the nine hole course with the B21. It is set at 9 degree with a graphite design tour ad tp stiff shaft. 4 of 7 fairways. Ball flight with this combo is lower while resulting in almost exact same distances.
The 721 is a joy to play. Guess I now have 2 unicorns. Appearance feel and sound in my opinion all favor TE.
Easier to draw the B21 with the draw bias?

E

Easier to draw the B21 with the draw bias?
Not sure it’s easier. For me and I can only speak for my experience. The B21 allows for a less than perfect swing. For me it’s a driver I can count on going straight. To say a slight pull. The 721 coupled with the rdx shaft requires me which I prefer to put a better swing on the club. The B21 can mask some swing flaws to the point that you don’t realize you have them. I prefer to have a club that requires me to put a decent swing on the ball. I can cut or hook both of them.

Still have a pretty significant power leak in my swing, but this plays.

0AC582BF-E2E4-4200-9BC8-AC732D20C600.jpeg

Don’t mind the push pull degree, I didn’t align the monitor to target all that well

Had a little time on my hands today. Put in a speeder 661 shaft that plays about 3/4 short. Installed 15 gram weight. 721 was possibly even better than with the rdx blue. Dead straight bullets.

Had a little time on my hands today. Put in a speeder 661 shaft that plays about 3/4 short. Installed 15 gram weight. 721 was possibly even better than with the rdx blue. Dead straight bullets.
Where did you get the weight?

I got a weight kit from TE. Comes with a 5, 15, and an 18
I have looked on the website and have never seen one for the C721. Maybe I will call them.

I called in and ordered a 15 g weight. They didn’t say why they didn’t have it on there.
Probably covid. Delayed everything else lol

I have looked on the website and have never seen one for the C721. Maybe I will call them.
Give them a call. I got mine a month or so ago.

Back