Has the delay in shipping from manufacturers turned you off from purchasing equipment this year?

I talked about this with my Dad and he actually was considering irons and now said why if I can’t get them till the end of the summer. That waiting for the next year releases may be the better option.

Getting the Morgan Cup stuff was nice. I will accept the delay on that and guess what it wasn't too bad. I still ordered a putter from SIK so I am ready for that. Now if I ordered blindly off of ads at the start of the year when things were being released then I would wait. If I am starting to look now and there is a 2-3 month wait then why not wait until the new stuff comes out in Jan (OEM's are all over the map of releases I know) so I can get a deal on the old stuff or see if the tech is needed for the new stuff.

Example - Knowing that some THP'ers are going to get some unreleased Mizuno irons in a couple of months tells me to wait to buy any iron from Mizuno for at least that long. Obviously embargos are still in place but why would I buy a Mizuno iron now when there is either must have tech or must wait deals approaching.

It has made me hesitate on a few things. picked up some used things I could have now instead of wait.

it did make me back out of a driver purchase.

Has Ted & Dave been open to any progress updates? I haven't dropped them a line yet but of course am starting to fall victim to anticipation.
I haven't called them yet other than to add an i210 4 and 5 iron to my order just over a week ago. I did ask that it could be a separate order though as I didn't want to add another 6 weeks on top of the original order, unless PING have the components in stock and can build them at the same time. I will probably call at the end of this week or early next week to see if they have any info and hope nothing is on back order.

I know the feeling of anticipation....Can't wait lol. I am just hoping it doesn't turn into a 2 month plus wait.

I hope your order makes it within the 6 week or less time frame. You could always ask them to check to see if there is anything on back order, like grips, as you could probably have them change that.

It’s dictated my purchases. If it’s not in stock/in hand I’m not wasting my time or money.

Try constructing a building with steel. Steel roof joists are being ordered right now for delivery in April. Thanks Amazon.

Yes. I intended to replace my irons and driver this year but will wait until 2022 due to the long lead times.

Try constructing a building with steel. Steel roof joists are being ordered right now for delivery in April. Thanks Amazon.
We have standard, single use bioreactor bags with 60 week lead times now. Not all that long ago we could get one overnighted.

Has made me less inclined to order from the manufacturer, I end up buying components from multiple sources to get things usually within a week or two.

Definitely. I'm in the market for new irons, but our season is done in October, so I rather work on my swing and go for a fitting early next year (or, if the delays hold, right at season's end, hoping to have my new set by April!).

Feel like I've gotten lucky this year with my irons swap out. Purchased a new set fit to my specs in January and had them in hand before February was over. Same deal with golf balls and shoes I purchased--maybe a week longer than I am used to waiting but no more.

That being said, I was told 4-6 weeks for a set of wedges I recently ordered. I don't have a problem with this wait, though any longer (2+ months) and I would have said forget it. We only get so much golf season in the northeast!

Being lucky enough to be selected for the Morgan Cup made me not buy anything new this spring. Was definitely looking at new wedges!

There is no way I would order new clubs right now. I suck at waiting and with the long waits it would drive me nuts.
I got lucky and got my ZX7's very early and within a week of ordering as it should be.

Ordered a new driver and putter in what i thought was PLENTY of time to deliver before the season really started..... they just came in about 2 weeks ago. While I got a little frustrated over delivery time, it wasn't anyone's "fault"... just the way the supply chain is running these days. Still plenty of golf left to be played.... If there was something out there that i really wanted, i'd probably still put an order in today.

i was able to get out in front of the massive wait times by purchasing everything at the end of January during our off-season here in ohio. I got them just as the weather started to change so it was perfect. If I had decided to wait when ordering to closer to season I definitely wouldn't have purchased anything. It is to the point where I was going to look to buy a driver for my father as a gift but the wait time would just make it wasted.

No new gear for me this year. Or a new truck or lumber. Thankfully what I have is working for me and I can put off project till when ever

Its led to me "window shop" at the big box store, tip the fitter and then search eBay and what not for what I am looking for. A 60-90 day wait for a hybrid is a bit extreme.

Within a month or so if you order new clubs and it takes 6-8 weeks new equipment would have already been introduced. Unless I had something that was a terrible fit I would likely wait at this point unless I could get something within 2-4 weeks.

It hasn’t stopped me but my two pre ordered clubs still haven’t shipped. I won’t make the same mistake a third time. Really, it won’t impact 2021 but I won’t preorder in the future to avoid this.

Have you been turned off by the delay to the point you won't order or do you still place the order and hope for the best?
With the delay in the start of of the season for me, due to my health issue, coupled with the equipment delays, I've pretty much abandoned my plans to get fitted for new irons this year.

I’m not in the market for golf equipment but I canceled an order for some furniture after they changed the expected delivery date 3 times. I was also ready to purchase a whole house generator but when they could only guess at when I might see the equipment beginning at 7 months out, I said no.

I can’t say for sure but had I known my G425 irons were going to take 9 weeks instead of 6, I might have been inclined to order the PXG 0211 without ever getting a chance to hit them.

What was the wait time before our current supply chain woes? To me, I wouldn't expect a custom order for any product to take less than the 5-7 weeks I was quoted for my irons.
I had never waited more than 3 weeks until this calendar year.

I had never waited more than 3 weeks until this calendar year.
That is incredible in my mind, unless the manufacturers have a stock of pretty common combinations and then just apply a bend here or there to get them out the door!

Back