One Club Between Driver and Irons?

I could do it. I have a 3W and 3h currently. Adding a utility iron would put me there. I'd go with a 4w or maybe keep my hybrid.

Does a utility iron count? If so, I could drop my 3W and go Driver - Utility - 4i

Could and did. Strong 3 wood then 3 iron. Then switched to driving iron. Currently attempting a hybrid again rather than a long iron.

Yes, I could do it with a Heavenwood. I have played in the past with a set up of a Driver, Heavenwood and the next club being a 5 iron.

Dr/5W/4I for me. It'd be a big gap but I could probably pull it off.

If that were my option, I would play Callaway Epic Forged irons and go with the 17* Super Hybrid for the one in between club.

4 wood , able to still hit it 3 wood distances but with height. Lots of versatility

Nope, would not want! Need to be able to sh@nk, duff, fat, thin multiple clubs. I prefer a variety of options for my hosel rocket shots

I think I could manage with a 4w...maybe lengthen the shaft a bit, but think I could easily manage that. I might actually try drilling down to one with my 5w during a round.

I'd probably go with a lower lofted iron setup than I do now (I start at 5i, but have played a 4i in the past with little issue), and potentially go back to a GI setup in the longer irons if I did this. But I'd go with a 4w/5w in that spot and I'd probably be OK. Few holes I need the FW off the tee for at the home course depending on setup. But I would miss my 3/4h :(

I go to 5w and then 3 iron. Works great for me.

That's what I've done for the last couple years.

I have an Taylor Made M2 driver and M2 19° hybrid then 4 iron

Could you do it? Would you do it? What club would go in that spot?
I do the minimmalist thing, so yeah, I do it. For me, its a driving iron and I honestly dont miss my 3-wood or 5-wood because the driving iron hits the ball just as far as the 5-wood did and I find it to be easier to hit off the deck.

I'm doing it, driver then my CLK20 3H, have lost the ability to hit fairway and have not figured out if I need to add another.

I couldn't do it, don't hit the ball far enough.

I could go with a 5w depending on my iron setup. But currently have 4-pw then a 4h and 5w because my irons are more traditionally lofted.

I don't think I'd have much of a problem. The spot would be occupied by a 4W and it would be a bit of a gap to 4i but nothing crazy. The only real impact would be 2nd shots on a par 5 between 215 to 235.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I only have an 18* Adams XTD Ti hybrid between my 4i and my driver. There have been times when I could have probably used something else to greater effect from further out. But my driver doubles as a pretty solid strong 3 wood as long as no water or traps are protecting the green and the hybrid has never left me wishing I had another FW in the bag.
My game is much better served by having 4 wedges in the bottom of the bag.

I’d go with a 3 hybrid for that spot and say good bye to even thinking about going for a par 5 in two. Honestly, that might actually help me out.

I’d go with a 3 hybrid for that spot and say good bye to even thinking about going for a par 5 in two. Honestly, that might actually help me out.
Just letting go and accepting that you’re gonna play the one club you have is a surprisingly effective stress reducer.

3w & 3 hybrid. Kept me out of a lot of trouble and in a lot of fairways.

Back