Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

I could have used the B grind the other day... bunkers were dirt traps. Awful.

I use my 58.10S wedge for those dirt traps... works like a charm.

Holy cow! These wedges are the best I've ever played. Ball checks nicely on chips. Plus stops on full range shots after a little roll out. Turf interaction is like there is no turf. The 58* out of a bunker is money. Will I hit it close every time, no. But I haven't seemed to duff or blade any out of the bunker. Yet... Not sure if it's because of the bottom of the sole or if my sand swing is better. I'm saying it's the wedges since I have no place to practice my bunker shots. Only hit out of them while playing.

I was long overdue for some fresh grooves. I had to go to 3 different stores to find the grinds I was looking for. Went 56° M and 60° L

These wedges continue to be fantastic. I’m using the 48° to chip around the greens and the control is great. I tested it with some Chrome Soft balls over the weekend and the spin was wild!

The 56° with D grind has been an absolute revelation from greenside bunkers. I was in one true greenside bunker over the weekend and managed to get up and down for par.

These wedges continue to be fantastic. I’m using the 48° to chip around the greens and the control is great. I tested it with some Chrome Soft balls over the weekend and the spin was wild!

The 56° with D grind has been an absolute revelation from greenside bunkers. I was in one true greenside bunker over the weekend and managed to get up and down for par.
That D grind is simply magic... out of bunkers, nasty rough, around the greens and from the fairways. I simply cannot imagine not having at least one D grind in the bag. I love what Bob Vokey calls it... "an M grind on steroids".

I'm looking forward to replacing my SM6 50 later this year with an SM8. The 54 and 58 I have do some pretty wonderful things around the green, but man.. Calm down there a bit spin. I'm not used to having to throw it so close to the hole before it checks.

I'm looking forward to replacing my SM6 50 later this year with an SM8. The 54 and 58 I have do some pretty wonderful things around the green, but man.. Calm down there a bit spin. I'm not used to having to throw it so close to the hole before it checks.

it's fun though, right?

it's fun though, right?

🤷‍♂️ Sometimes, and then sometimes it's actually kinda frustrating. I liken it to having a supercar. Awesome, I have 700hp. But the problem is, I need to go 55, not 25. Or, I need it to go 55, and then it goes 105. I can usually tell the second it leaves the face, I'm like oh no don't don't don't aaaaaaaaand now I have 12ft for par. Or it'll leave the face and I'm like welp, that's got no chance of stopping soon.

Love it. My 46* is my go to chipping club. I can't say I have your bunker touch to get up and down from one, but I still hit with confidence. What wedge finish did you opt for?

Love it. My 46* is my go to chipping club. I can't say I have your bunker touch to get up and down from one, but I still hit with confidence. What wedge finish did you opt for?
Went with chrome and love it although the blue is awesome!

Who is playing and/or loving these?

They are presently on my short list after hitting the demo at the club this weekend. Their dark slate is UNREAL looking.

They are presently on my short list after hitting the demo at the club this weekend. Their dark slate is UNREAL looking.
Playing and loving these. Today I had a 120 foot chip with my 56 degree to 2 feet and a bunker shot on the 18th hole to 3 feet for a kick in par save. Vokey wedges give unparalleled options for loft, bounce and grind and the design just keeps getting better and better.

The best run of wedge play I ever had was using Vokey SM4’s. Of course as a self admitted club h**, I traded them in on what we’re a decent set in the Ping Glide wedges. The worst set of wedges I’ve ever bagged are the current Callaway Mack Daddy 2 that I’m gaming.
Might be time for me to go back to what worked.

✋

I put them back in the bag for first time in a bit and have 6 greenside and 1 bunker hole outs since. I think it's been about a week. Lol.

I missed them.

That slate is beautiful. I didn't think I'd like it, but it looks reeeal nice. The brushed match my set best right now, but I can't resist handling the slate when I see it

Playing and loving mine... would have gotten the dark slate but it was not available at the time.
Make sure you get the right grinds that fit YOUR game.

My wedge play has been turning heads on the course. I can do anything with the SM8s. They are the perfect wedge.

I spun back a 70 yard shot last week with my raw 48F, and one of the guys asked how i did that with such an old club hahaha. Rust doesn't make it old!

Greenside bunker play has improved as well. Its like cheating.

Been quite happy with my SM8s. I recently went from the 60 D grind to the 58 S and it has been really nice. The S lets me get into the turf just that bit more and has been stellar for me on chips where I need to open the face and get aggressive.

Have been playing them for a little more than a year. Have the 50 54 and 58 in brushed steel. Best clubs in my bag.

I feel like I'm finally starting to get my feel back after a rough winter and spring playing off hardpan or wet sticky mud. It looks to finally start drying out and the grass is looking nice and lush. Should help the wedge play quite a bit. I had one last night where I went a little long and right off the green and settled into the bermuda rough. I opened the 54 and it came out high and soft just like I wanted and rolled softly down the slope and into the hole for a birdie. I've had more chip ins with these than I ever had before.

Playing and loving mine... would have gotten the dark slate but it was not available at the time.
Make sure you get the right grinds that fit YOUR game.
Good advise. Most other wedges don't have a grind option or the options are limited. So people aren't prepared to deal with wedge grind. But the grind on a wedge makes a huge difference in playability and the grind you need varies based on your swing and the course conditions you generally play. Take the time to learn about grinds and chose wisely.

Picked up a SM8 46F yesterday in Tour Satin. Has nice weight in the head and can feel it throughout the swing. Covers a distance I was looking for perfectly, plenty of spin even using a Srixon Soft Feel ball. Easy enough to flight down when needed.

Back