FineCaddie UPL100 Rangefinder Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
There is some serious competition when it comes to the laser rangefinder market. At the top of the pyramid are the brands that we have become accustomed to seeing, and they continue to do quite well. In addition, there is plenty of movement in the budget category as there appear to be more and more brands making their mark to show that a good quality rangefinder doesn’t need to cost $400. Today, we are looking at the FineCaddie UPL100 Rangefinder to see how this sub $200 device stands out in a crowded marketplace. FineCaddie might not be a recognizable name here in the states, but they are currently popular in Korea and Japan.

Continue reading...

Im intrigued by this device. Really small which I like and based on review works really well.

Nice write up Dean! The ‘low priced’ lasers I’ve owned in the past all seem to have one thing in common.... difficulty picking up / reading the flag with a bit on an unsteady hand. Wondering how well this laser performed with that variable?

• Staff
Nice write up Dean! The ‘low priced’ lasers I’ve owned in the past all seem to have one thing in common.... difficulty picking up / reading the flag with a bit on an unsteady hand. Wondering how well this laser performed with that variable?

it was pretty good in that scenario in my experience, but I guess it really depends on how unsteady you are with it.

• Staff
I'll be honest, the amazon angle is kind of nice because of how simple their return policy is. Prime shipping and free returns. Makes it well worth the ponder IMO.

For some reason I love rangefinders with haptic feedback. Cool feature on this guy having different feedback for pin lock-on versus other objects. I think I’d like that.

• Staff
  • Staff
For some reason I love rangefinders with haptic feedback. Cool feature on this guy having different feedback for pin lock-on versus other objects. I think I’d like that.

I do too and I remember when Bushnell first came out with jolt tech. I was kind of blah on it and continued to use my old trusty V2. But yeah, I've become accustomed to the vibrations.

The overall vibration feature being different based on tree vs flag is something I could really get down with. Enjoy that quite a bit.

haha well that too. Perhaps I should work that scenario in to testing
It would certainly take your review in another direction!
With the vibration function how subtle or substantial was it in testing?

It would certainly take your review in another direction!
With the vibration function how subtle or substantial was it in testing?

noticeable enough

Nice entry model. I like it.

Nice write-up on an interesting offering, Dean! (y)

Looks like a great little unit in the budget category. I think the leather gives it a nice look and the fact that you can charge it vs having a removable/replaceable battery is kind of cool but at the same time I'm not sure its necessary though I guess it seems like it will last awhile.

Used this bad boy again yesterday and continue to be impressed. I mentioned in the article about how the case only uses a belt loop, so you can see how I have it attached to my cart using the upper strap.

2021-06-14.jpg

Just noticed on Amazon there is a 20% off coupon, bringing the price down to $143.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this for my first range finder. Looking for final thoughts.

Also, anyone have experience with the white colored version? Seems like the white leather would be hard to keep clean.

I got a message
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this for my first range finder. Looking for final thoughts.

Also, anyone have experience with the white colored version? Seems like the white leather would be hard to keep clean.

I think the white version looks pretty stellar. Did you end up pulling the trigger?

I got a message

I think the white version looks pretty stellar. Did you end up pulling the trigger?
Agree that it looks stellar, but went with the black version. Unfortunately I sent it to my parents house so I have not gotten a chance to use it yet.

Back