Your Current Wedges

I just replaced my CBX 50* and 54* with JPX919 50* GW and 55* SW. As a rule I play these clubs square. At 60* I have a brush finish Vokey SM7 D grind, which I use for any bunker, flop or touch shot that requires more versatility, or for full approach shots in the 80 to 90 yard range.

GW: Cobra RadSpeed OL
SW: Cobra Snakebite classic 52* bent to 53*
LW: Cobra Snakebite versatile 58*

Functionally I have a 2 wedge setup and I think it helps my score to have shot options simplified.
Also, the SnakeBite wedges are the best I have owned(I may be a little biased due to the MC)

Set PW and AW. I play a Satin Black CBX2 at 52 degrees. I also have a Satin Black Zipcore at 56 degrees.

All SM8
GW: 50F. Gaps well.
SW: 54S. I use this mostly for full swings and square face pitches, chips.
LW: 58S. Recent addition and so far enjoying it. A bit more versatile than my D grind 60

All with S400 and ZCords

Last edited:
Oh lordy, here I go pouting about being a left handed female again. I'm just going to give it an acronym or something so it's not quite so boring.

Anyway, Vokeys don't exist for me. I'm looking into Clevelands down the road. When I went to the Callaway irons, I got them through AW. I'm told the sand wedge really only works in the sand, and I need one I can pitch with.

So my sand wedge is from the set I bought when the airline lost my old (true junk) clubs 10 days before my league started. Golfsmith had exactly one set of women's left handed clubs in stock.

The lob wedge is from Hubby; it was the only left handed women's lob wedge he could find on line.

Because the AW, SW, and LW all have slightly different swing weights, the distances are much closer than they should be.

Geez--I just need to increase that swing speed to I can play men's senior flex. Which probably makes me the only person on this site looking forward to playing senior flex!

i understand how you feel. Took me many weeks to find my left handed wife her clubs. And her iron shafts are men’s senior.

My wedges are pxg milled 54 and 58. I was looking for new wedges after a bad days with my old Cleveland’s. Are they great? No. But they were made to my specs and did not take 8 weeks or more to arrive. But they are generally pretty effective.

i continue to look for alternatives that won’t take months to obtain.

50 degree P790 AW and 56 degree Ping Glide 3.0 eye2. Why? Because they work.

CBX2 48 & 52 bent to 53. CBX Full Face 58 & ZipCore 62 that’ll probably be replaced by the ZipCore Full Face

Ping Glide 3, 54 degree and 58 degree. I was struggling with wedges and needed a bit more forgiveness. They have been a big improvement for me.

SM7 Raw Spin Milled in 54 and 58.

SM748

I had such a good time at the Ultimate Titleist event with their woods April 2019 I had to give the new wedges a try.

When this thread was started I don’t remember

Looks like a lot of us are wedge shopping and doing our due diligence. So many wedges to choose from ... lofts, grinds, bounce, etc. In the end, I will probably replace old Vokey with new Vokey.

Looks like a lot of us are wedge shopping and doing our due diligence. So many wedges to choose from ... lofts, grinds, bounce, etc. In the end, I will probably replace old Vokey with new Vokey.
I've been hard pondering Vokey as well.

Vokey SM5 56 and SM6 50 about to be replaced by Cobra Snakebite wedges!

C'mon Fed Ex truck 😎

Currently I’m playing 48, 56 and 60 degree RTX Zipcore’s. They are flat out fun to play. So versatile and they might be the best wedges I have ever played.

I’ve been going with a 50* CBX2, a 54* Zipcore and a 58* PM Grind. Early in the season I struggled a bit but lately the setup has been pretty on point.

Currently playing Cobra MIM Wedges in 54 versatile and 58 wide low. I really like the 58 out of the sand.

Cleveland Mack Daddy 2 52*, 56*, 60*.I honestly don’t know why I still have them. Worst wedges I’ve ever bagged. Zero confidence over them. Spin is as inconsistent as I’ve ever seen.

Currently playing a Cleveland RTX 3 in 50 and 54, and just added a Cleveland Zipcore 60. I love the Zipcore, it gives me a ton of control around the greens I hope to be upgrading the other 2 to Zipcore soon.

Back