Your Current Wedges

Just put some ES21 wedges in. I like that mizuno did something very different with the design of these.

Just put some ES21 wedges in. I like that mizuno did something very different with the design of these.
I need to get back in that thread.

They are SO much fun.

I have a total mixed bag right now. I have the PW and AW that match my Apex 19s. I have a 52* Mack Daddy 4 bent to 53* and a CBX Full Face 58. The AW is the first time I have had an AW that matches the set put it is 48* and is basically a PW. I find it a versatile wedge for full swings and around the greens. I got the CBX because the PM 58* I had dug too much on longer swings. I am pretty happy with the CBX but I would like some heel relief on it. It is quite good on swings from 40-80 yards. The MD was bought to fill a gap and I am okay with it but don’t love it.

I would like to do a wedge fitting at some point but haven’t settled on somewhere to do it. The Edel wedges look interesting.

Jaws, 52 and 58 and the ZipCore in 60 has been back in my bag for months.

Have set PW/AW (46/51*) and a CBX full face 56* which I LOVE. Full Face zipcore 60* just arrived at the shop so will pick that up this week.

Something about the full face works for me, and I have loved Cleveland wedges since my first 588 when I first started almost two decades ago.

ZX7 set PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 50*
Callaway 58* PM Grind

I have over 50 rounds with my Hogan Equalizer with UST Recoil Wedge Proto.

I really like how dense they are and their weight. The 50 is my go to tempo finder. I love full swinging it. Taking aim at pins from 100-105.

the 58 gets a lot of use when I need to elevate and blast out of sand. I’m getting much more comfortable laying it open thumping it.

the black finish is holding up well considering the AZ desert I flog them with.

E748B43D-C8ED-43AB-BBFB-89DEA9161F1C.jpeg863C7596-C9F4-4AAA-8890-C8DF6137C18C.jpeg

Playing a 54* ping Glide 3.0.

The 58 has been a uncomfortable club. I recently swung a SB, md5, vokey, and a TM to try. The cobra snake bite is the front runner right now. Really liked the look and the way the versatile grind sat behind the ball.

Just got the Bettinardi HLX 3.0 in 50/56/60. Have played 2 round with them so far and could not be happier.

Zipcores and now snakebites. Was really enjoying the Zipcores. I’m a believer in the tech to shift CG out to where I live towards the toe.

Been playing Hogan Equalizers for 3 years and will continue to do so as long as they keep making them. They are very versatile for me around the greens and can easily flight them up or down on approach shots.

jaws md5.
50s modus 120s
56x bent to 55 ttdg s300
60x ttdg s300

adore the feel. perfect shape. tons of confidence. spinny spinny spin spin. love em

MD5 56. Looks good, feels ok, nice sole, very versatile. Spins same as everything else.

PM Grind 60. Will never leave home without it. Game changing from the rough and bunkers for me. So easy to lay it wide open and pop the ball out of bad places.

I have played the Ping Glide 2.0 in 50 and 54 since 2019. They are very reliable. I also have a TMade HiToe 60. I may need to change that to a 58.

Set PW and AW.

Original Ping Glides in 54 and 58. They do everything I ask of them, and I ask a lot, to the extent my ability allows. I am always surprised the Glides don't get a whole lotta love around these parts. I haven't played enough to wear out the grooves. I hope to change that.

Last edited:
MD5 54s/58x

The only thing that has me locked in to these wedges right now, is that my new ones (54w/58s) haven’t arrived yet.

Right now I am playing a 54 CBX2 and a 60 degree Equalizer 2. CBX2 was because I thought I should play something more forgiving in that slot. Equalizer 2 was an impulse buy because I wanted a Ben Hogan club in my bag. But I am loving it so far. Just a clean looking wedge and is doing it's job perfectly so far. Bunker play has been great and on the rare occasion I am short sided on a chip or need to get the ball up in the air it has been good. CBX2 is getting ready for a change as it is the most used club in my bag. I am at 40 or 50 rounds and multiple range/chipping sessions a week. I will probably wait until the fall to see if anything else intriguing hits. At that point I will either go with another CBX2 or the Equalizer 2 or the TM MG unless something sweet comes out. I love the used 52 TM MG I have but it just doesn't gap well with my current setup.

Set PW and AW
Jaws MD5 54° S grind
58° PM Grind

The 54S is a great all-around wedge, the 58° PM Grind is magical.

Callaway MD4 52
MD5 56
MD5 60

I've loved the look of them since they put those weight saving ports in the back. That's honestly why I originally got the MD3s :LOL: Haven't looked back since. Love the shape and the feel. I'm confident with them

20210608_232114.jpg

Whichever matches the set in playing that day. Shafted the same as my irons except for the Vokey which is a roamer with S200 .

20210608_232755.jpg

Recently swapped out a 54 12D for the the 54/10S and have been loving it. Better transition, great on full shots and near greenside square.

20210608_232724.jpg

Also recently put a 58/08M back in. Love the versatility in the conditions here. Whatever the 54/10S can't do, this one can. I've always liked it out of the sand, and I like it low on the face opened up.

SM8s with my name stamped on them! First time getting fitted for wedges and has really made a difference.

Cobra king black. I really like the sole design and the scallop to them makes them very versatile

Back