Ok these irons are just crazy easy to hit. My iron game hasn't been exactly on fire lately. Played with O'Carroll yesterday and he had these in the bag. Holy cow do they do a great job of getting that ball up in the air, but still able to knock down if needed. Really forgiving and the looks behind the ball didn't bother me at all. Used his 4 and 5 to tee off a few times too.

Picked up my 425 Max driver yesterday…. it was 42 degrees outside and raining sideways so i didn’t get a chance to swing it. More rain early today and commitments, AFTER the rain stopped, led to more frustration. Can‘t wait to get this thing out there. I was fit into the Alta CB 55 S flex shaft and hope it performs as well as it did during the fitting. I was sorta hoping I’d end up fitted into some ultra sexy shaft, but after hitting a bunch of shafts, the numbers that the Alta put up were not to be argued with. Between the new driver and the delivery of my new Scotty Squareback 2, I feel like it’s Christmas!

Picked up my 425 Max driver yesterday…. it was 42 degrees outside and raining sideways so i didn’t get a chance to swing it. More rain early today and commitments, AFTER the rain stopped, led to more frustration. Can‘t wait to get this thing out there. I was fit into the Alta CB 55 S flex shaft and hope it performs as well as it did during the fitting. I was sorta hoping I’d end up fitted into some ultra sexy shaft, but after hitting a bunch of shafts, the numbers that the Alta put up were not to be argued with. Between the new driver and the delivery of my new Scotty Squareback 2, I feel like it’s Christmas!

That was the same for me with my 410, was figuring I'd end up with some custom shaft, but the Alta CB tested best for me as well. I see no reason to come off of it when I move to the 425 Max here soon.

Played my G425 Max for the first time yesterday and, well..... it felt like i was cheating at the game. Longer, Straighter and more forgiving than any club i've ever hit. I was never crazy long off the tee, but also had nothing to complain about distance-wise and don't feel like i've lost a ton of distance as the years have gone by. Yesterday I was easily 20+ yards longer than usual off the tee and probably longer than i've ever been. I had one very poor strike off the toe (1st tee) and it STILL wasn't as bad as it should have been. crazy.

Now that I've gotten a couple of rounds in with my irons and a range sessions yesterday I've definitely got some thoughts. They feel heavier with the ALTA shafts compared to the recoil SMACWRAP I had in the G700. Headweights are similar so I can only assume it is the AWT shafts. There is an inherent weight in the wedges but the 5 iron does feel lighter. Quite possibly due to the shafts I feel like I have some trouble turning the club head over. I also asked for them to setup with the Tour Velvet +4 midsize grips as well and these are Blue Dot instead of Green Dot like I had before.

The recoils had a tendency to be a bit of a hook machine on my irons so I'm going to atrribute some of this to the grips. I liked my experience I had with the TV+4 midsize on my driver but they just feel really big on my irons. I've been using the stock TV 360 standard grip on a Tensei Orange shaft I picked up and I'm hitting the driver straight with it so I've decided I'm going to redo them with the TV+4 standard size to help try to take the fade away. I'm definitely still in an adjustment period. They sound and feel great when I flush them but they definitely feel different than my G700.

Hit the 425 Max against my 410LST. The Max was more forgiving- had to put a really bad swing on it to feel it twist. I hit it with Aldila Rogue White and an Evenflow Black and it felt fantastic. I was able to trade in the 410LST (Tour shaft) and a 410 hybrid (that I hit nothing but hooks with) plus $100 for a preowned 425 Max with the Rogue White 130 shaft. Feel pretty good about the deal.

[Hit the 425 Max against my 410LST. The Max was more forgiving- had to put a really bad swing on it to feel it twist. I hit it with Aldila Rogue White and an Evenflow Black and it felt fantastic. I was able to trade in the 410LST (Tour shaft) and a 410 hybrid (that I hit nothing but hooks with) plus $100 for a preowned 425 Max with the Rogue White 130 shaft. Feel pretty good about the deal.

My 9* head is 203g on the kitchen scale. I've not bothered to check swing weight but I don't notice much difference in the weight balance when I use the evenflow black 65g vs the stock Alta. I'm about to try a EF Riptide CB 60 later this week after it gets trimmed and tipped since I found one cheap and the PX shaft fit totally recommends this shaft for me.

The Ping adapter only weighs 4 g so that would make mine a total 207 if the scale is exact but certainly within tolerances since it is supposed to be 206g total.
Mine was 200g on a scientific scale- that’s without the adapter.

Why does my

why does the paint job on my max look so much darker than yours?
I have no idea. Mine looks pretty flat, much like my G410. I’ll take a pic of both side by side.

Thanks
These shots look darker than mine. I get worried about counterfeit stuff- I got mine off the preowned rack at PGA Superstore. Eventhough it’s a reputable store, I get paranoid that someone came in and traded in a counterfeit club.
It’s most likely lighting or something. Both of mine were bought new at big box stores. I’d expect PGA SS to protect their customers and reputation. I’m sure yours is real.

Thanks
These shots look darker than mine. I get worried about counterfeit stuff- I got mine off the preowned rack at PGA Superstore. Eventhough it’s a reputable store, I get paranoid that someone came in and traded in a counterfeit club.

You can contact Ping and they will verify if it's real or not. Also you can try to register it on the website, if the website doesn't have it come up that could be a tell somethings not right.

I still love this driver..... Have the 3 wood now also. Not nearly in as much love as I had hoped for. The Max driver is great, I love how it can handle my bad days with grace. I am debating on getting the irons just for s***s and grins to see if they can make my GIR and score better than current irons.

Per the requests in the 2nd driver thread I gave this one another shot. I think it works pretty darn well. The sound keeps me away though, and a little less ball speed than I am used to in that spot. I see why guys like it that don't care about sound. Its pretty forgiving.

Played in a group for one of my rounds yesterday with someone who had the Max. I immediately offered them my services for adding some hotmelt. :LOL:

That said, I’m not sure still what makes them so different from the 410 and even 400’s, when I took swings, they were right on with those in practically every aspect. Not a bad thing at all as those were fantastic imo, but not exactly a change either.

Played in a group for one of my rounds yesterday with someone who had the Max. I immediately offered them my services for adding some hotmelt. :LOL:

That said, I’m not sure still what makes them so different from the 410 and even 400’s, when I took swings, they were right on with those in practically every aspect. Not a bad thing at all as those were fantastic imo, but not exactly a change either.

The sound on this one is the first driver maybe ever that I've been unable to cope with. Maybe I'm getting picky in my old age, but it's the truth. I'm still going to go in open minded to my driver fitting next week. If I end up in this one, there would have to be some hot melt.

I just got a 425 Max and tried to hide it from my buddies until the first tee, but after a couple hits on the range they started turning around asking if I had corked my driver. Side note, it is very impressive and a true upgrade from the 410 for me, it goes.

I think the switch to the LST was the right move.

Yesterday had my best driving round. Missed two fairways but one was pin high in the rough and another was a poor swing.

My shot scope has me averaging 289 yards and I'm hitting more fairways because I'm very comfortable/confident on the teebox. Can't say enough good things about this driver.

The sound on this one is the first driver maybe ever that I've been unable to cope with. Maybe I'm getting picky in my old age, but it's the truth. I'm still going to go in open minded to my driver fitting next week. If I end up in this one, there would have to be some hot melt.
You’re not alone dude. Not at all. I just don’t believe there’s any reason anymore to sacrifice one thing for the sake of others when the driver market is SO stacked!

Played 9 today on a new course and hit 5/7 fairways. One miss was just a really ugly swing off the heel, damn near missed the ball. The other I hit dead straight right where I aimed. I expected it to cut but it didn’t move. When I square the face this thing just wants to go straight even with my bad OTT swing. I can’t say the same for most other drivers I’ve tried recently

Back