Favorite Polo Shirt?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know its an odd question, but I just went through my closet a bit and realized I kind of have a go to shirt for my golf rounds as of late. Am I alone in this one?

Nope. I have some cheap polos my wife bought a couple years ago for me. All 3 identical except for color. One is blue and grey and that is my typical go to. It’s just lightweight and comfortable and I like the color.

I have a closet full of them.

Right now my favorites are American Tall's "performance" polos. I like the cut, and they're long enough to stay tucked in.

I wouldn't say I have 1. I have probably 5-10 that are my main go to's (out of around 60).

It's funny. I wear my "nice polos" everywhere except the course. I wear the "cheap" ones - the ones I don't mind getting sweat soaked, stained, and nasty - to actually play.

Not at all... I have 2-3 that I rotate through most of my rounds.

Funny enough, same with hats. I have a TON of hats, but consistently wear the same 2-3

I like H&B a lot.

I tend to wear the puma (pounce I think it’s called) shirt I have more than the others. I find a lot of golf polos have sleeves way too long, almost to the elbow. The puma shirts fall nicely mid bicep.

Right now it is peter millar. fits my odd shape well, breathes well and looks great. But I have a lot of polos and tend to cycle through different models. Stitch and greyson have been popular this year and will probably have their day in the sun before 2021 ends.

All of my Matte Grey’s, if I don’t love a polo, I don’t own it

All of my Matte Grey’s, if I don’t love a polo, I don’t own it
I have heard a lot of good stuff about them. I have yet to purchase one though. I think it’s just I haven’t seen one when I’m buying.

I have 2 favorites.

35115E93-BC8E-4AED-AC98-0C1D815146A9.jpeg
46EFC37A-FB8A-407B-8860-996F163682F8.jpeg

I have a grey polo (Peter Millar Summer Comfort) that has a very light black pattern. For some reason I just love this shirt. It's elegant. It feels as if the collar is slightly more sharp than the others (most are the same Summer Comfort line,) and it has a very refined look to it. Definitely my go to for when I want to look my best.

Cloudspun Caddie Stripe, at the moment.

My wife had a pro deal with Columbia for several years so my golf attire is a rainbow of PFG 3 button polos.

Absolutely, my go to for the foreseeable future is the TM Heater 2.0 I was lucky enough to receive thanks to THP :cool:. I love everything about it, the color, it's so lightweight, and the fit is perfect.

I absolutely have a one or two favorites from Nike. If Puma Cloudspun shirts fit just a little bit slimmer, I'd have a lot more favorites lol

I typically go more-so to Under Armor, and I have a couple right now that are right in the sweet spot. Beyond that, TravisMathew is really starting to gain space in my closet.

I'm on a Footjoy polo kick lately. They run pretty big, but the small fits me well, surprisingly. I'm usually a medium in Nike polos.

The FJ stuff is really nice quality and I like how the collars sit.

I have a couple ones that I gravitate towards, but I wear all the non-cotton polos I own for golf at some point. There are 3 or 4 that are definitely go tos.

I have compiled about 16 Greyson Polos over the last 3 years. I wear them all equally. They are perfect for my shape and suit my tastes very well.

I'm on a Footjoy polo kick lately. They run pretty big, but the small fits me well, surprisingly. I'm usually a medium in Nike polos.

The FJ stuff is really nice quality and I like how the collars sit.
I second Footjoy. Love the material, but their sizing is off. Website says I should wear a Large. A small fits me the best.

I have a maroon Cloudspun that has pretty much become my go to. I want to redo my Polo options and need to find a few new options to add in.

Stitch golf polos for me lately.

Back