Motocaddy M5 GPS DHC Electric Caddy

This thing is really good. I cannot get over how much more quiet it is than the MGI Navigator and nothing appears to rattle at all.

I was perfectly happy with my old Clicgear 3.5+ until I started seeing all of these amazing threads and posts about motorized trolleys. Now I really want one!

I was perfectly happy with my old Clicgear 3.5+ until I started seeing all of these amazing threads and posts about motorized trolleys. Now I really want one!

I have been a rider most of my life, based mostly on geography and the courses that I played and what they allowed. Since trying out the electric caddie, I can't imagine pushing.

I have been a rider most of my life, based mostly on geography and the courses that I played and what they allowed. Since trying out the electric caddie, I can't imagine pushing.

it is not bad, for the most part, where I am. Electric would make it so much easier and help keep me fresher throughout the round. Going to try to ride out the old Clicgear through the end of the year until my oldest daughter's wedding is behind me then start looking for a much needed upgrade in 2022.

This thing is really good. I cannot get over how much more quiet it is than the MGI Navigator and nothing appears to rattle at all.

This may be a purchase in the future for me. I got a cart membership this year because the 5 & 7 year olds walking 9 isn't something I want to deal with but once they get a little older a family stroll with this would be great.

Have you used one with a remote / follow function as well? How much can you let the M5 go out in front on its own or are you holding on to the handle most of the time? Def considering one but not sure on remote vs no remote.

Have you used one with a remote / follow function as well? How much can you let the M5 go out in front on its own or are you holding on to the handle most of the time? Def considering one but not sure on remote vs no remote.
Sorry I missed this. I let it go out in front of me and just keep it at a steady speed. I’m sure most hold the handle, but I don’t think I did much at all.

I have used a remote model with the MGI Navigator. It worked pretty well. I prefer the Motocaddy due to a few things, including less rattles and battery charging is much easier.

If you haven't watched the video of the features on the M5, its kind of crazy.

F5D8CD1D-2EED-4C2E-B921-729566E573D7.gif

A couple of cool features to share. The GPS is awesome.

7B420F1D-E125-4EC4-8245-C47AB3CB39FC.jpeg
It also has features once synced with your phone to give you alerts such as text messages.
1DCDF487-C11F-4CEA-945D-6B1656709BE5.jpeg

I will have more soon on actually using the device.

Is it touch screen or is the silver dial how you scroll thru the screens?
Touch screen and it works really well as a touchscreen. The silver button is there to press to start and stop and scroll to change speed

42280C13-0862-4606-A094-75086F3766BE.gif

Dueling carts today. MGI and Motocaddy.
64E015AC-0BE5-402C-AA17-F6030F60A4CA.jpeg

Sorry I missed this. I let it go out in front of me and just keep it at a steady speed. I’m sure most hold the handle, but I don’t think I did much at all.

I have used a remote model with the MGI Navigator. It worked pretty well. I prefer the Motocaddy due to a few things, including less rattles and battery charging is much easier.
I heard you also mention on the Off Course podcast that this one had displaced the MGI Zip. I have been super happy with my MGI Zip and could not justify replacing it with this one, but the praise makes this one super intriguing, for those looking. They are at similar price points.

I am beginning to see more and more motorized caddies in my area. I also see them in the local retailers, whereas when I bought mine a little over two years ago, the only thing the retailers had were the e wheels to retrofit a push cart. More offerings should improve the qualities and features and push the price down, I would think.

I heard you also mention on the Off Course podcast that this one had displaced the MGI Zip. I have been super happy with my MGI Zip and could not justify replacing it with this one, but the praise makes this one super intriguing, for those looking. They are at similar price points.

I am beginning to see more and more motorized caddies in my area. I also see them in the local retailers, whereas when I bought mine a little over two years ago, the only thing the retailers had were the e wheels to retrofit a push cart. More offerings should improve the qualities and features and push the price down, I would think.
I totally understand replacement cost. I have both and if starting from scratch it wouldn’t even be a thought on which one I would choose. The Motocaddy seems to take any issues/quirks I had with MGI and fix them, such as charging while on the cart, the accessory rattles, etc etc.

That’s really neat

So ... do you prefer the M5 without a remote? I've always thought that keeping up with a remote control unit, shot to shot all day, would be a distracting, pain in the rear. But, how does this start and stop? (Yes, I'm electric caddy illiterate.) Thanks ...

So ... do you prefer the M5 without a remote? I've always thought that keeping up with a remote control unit, shot to shot all day, would be a distracting, pain in the rear. But, how does this start and stop? (Yes, I'm electric caddy illiterate.) Thanks ...
I’m conflicted. I love the idea of hit it and send it, with the remote, but when I’m actually playing I pretty much keep it in front of me nearly all of the time, so I am really enjoying the M5 with the nice GPS as well as phone connection.

Using this one is super easy. I just press the button to send it and rotate dial to pick a speed and then press the button again to stop it.

After last round with the MGI, we are going back to the Motocaddy M5 for today's afternoon round of fun.

After last round with the MGI, we are going back to the Motocaddy M5 for today's afternoon round of fun.
When people look in my garage, they laugh at me. At least you can justify it, because it’s your profession. I love that there are becoming multiple great options with these caddies.

Another round in the books and the cart is leading me back to the car.

D91B6275-E4ED-4C11-9D80-15D9B4CAEA0A.gif

Back