ASICS GEL-Course ACE Golf Shoes

the cumulus are comfy but i prefer the nimbus...cumulus felt mushy to me.
They’re both neutral cushioning shoes, but the Nimbus is built with the maximum amount (more than Cumulus). Maybe because of different cushion types?

They’re both neutral cushioning shoes, but the Nimbus is built with the maximum amount (more than Cumulus). Maybe because of different cushion types?

could be...i felt like the nimbus offered more support and weren't so mushy while running.

I actually like the look of the white and silver ones a lot
Me too. The other colors not so much. But I was an ASICS shoe guy exclusively for years and if these are as comfortable as you say, I’m very interested

decisions...wanted to grab the new FJ hyperflexes but they felt stiff (the soles) outta the box.
I have both and the ASICS blow the Fjs out of the water in comfort

Hey all - just got my Asics Gel-Course Aces in today....

If you were wondering - these are the most comfortable golf shoes...and maybe shoes overall that I've owned. They look good, feel good, and now the next step is for me to play good with them on. I will be ordering a second pair shortly and tossing my other FJ's that I gamed last year.

Thank you @JB for the stellar recommendation!

381A730E-A003-4F1D-BFB6-E9975A887043.jpeg
1C829D6E-77C3-4A43-B0D8-CE9C46D23C95.jpeg
7E99C161-87C5-4152-BF87-95D78EBDC29E.jpeg

Man, I was actually JUST pricing Asics for my golf teams today 👀

Those look silly comfy!

Man, I was actually JUST pricing Asics for my golf teams today 👀

Those look silly comfy!
Legit best ones I’ve had. May also end up being Friday schools shoes!

Legit best ones I’ve had. May also end up being Friday schools shoes!
Only up to 13’s, sadly it means I’m out :(

I just got a pair last week and played my first round in them yesterday. I have battled plantar fasciitis the last couple of years which has made me pretty selective with shoes. These came highly recommended and did not disappoint. 18 holes and my heel felt fine. Great shoes.

Does not look like a golf shoe. They look good .

I prefer spikes but sometimes a spike less shoe comes in handy.

Geez. I remember "Kilties" and metal spikes, and shoes weighing nearly 2 lbs apiece! But I will take a look at these, as long as they are REALLY waterproof! That and comfort are my main considerations. Whether I'm sweeping the morning dew, or slogging around in the early spring muck, or trying to play through some showers, that is the overarching consideration I have for my footwear! I hate wet feet! I will suffer no other footwear that I use to have that feature so, the same with golf shoes!

I fondled a pair of these yesterday. The soles sure seem like they'd be good and grippy.

I fondled a pair of these yesterday. The soles sure seem like they'd be good and grippy.
Going out to play in them today. Should be able to give good feedback.

Walked a wet 9 yesterday with these. They were very comfortable and my feet stayed dry. Huge upgrade from the previous model.

Walked a wet 9 yesterday with these. They were very comfortable and my feet stayed dry. Huge upgrade from the previous model.
Nice and grippy on the wet grass?

They were. I am pleased with the performance.
Cool (y) Of the three shoes I'm considering, these are the ones towards which I'm leaning the hardest.

Which other 2 shoes are you considering?
Puma Fasten8 and Puma Ignite NXT. Fasten8 for the system. Ignite NXT for their appearance.

Back in 2019 a partnership between Srixon and ASICS was announced and their first line of golf shoes in the US came out in December of that year. Those shoes gained almost cult like status on the THP Forum for their comfort and durability. The new ASICS GEL-Course ACE golf shoes look to double down on that, and early impressions are they might even be better.

Continue reading...

My favourites are the white and the silver one. Though, I'm fan more of the previous line =D

Well, looks like I’ll have to keep looking. I went to place an order for a pair of these today and apparently Srixon can’t ship orders up to the Yukon. That’s disappointing.

Well, looks like I’ll have to keep looking. I went to place an order for a pair of these today and apparently Srixon can’t ship orders up to the Yukon. That’s disappointing.
Did you try any retailers like Budget or others? Maybe they can help?

Did you try any retailers like Budget or others? Maybe they can help?
Yes, just checking there now and trying to figure out import costs and if I'm okay getting a colour I wasn't as excited about.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I finally jumped on these last week when most everyone had them for $20 off. Have worn them twice and love them. They are true to size and SO comfortable. Thanks for the recommendation JB.

I have a pair of these incoming this week. After my Jordan ADG's becoming aged and not as comfortable as they once were, went to PGA store to try a bunch of different brands.

My right foot is a bit different in that the instep is low, so it is hard to find shoes that I can tighten enough that the heel doesn't slip and I would develop blisters.

Asics was one brand that I have had several pair of running shoes that fit me relatively well and was the only brand that I tried on this day that I didn't feel my heel slipping. But, as is usually my case when I shoe shop, they didn't have my size in color I wanted in stock. This is a running joke within my family that I never find the shoes I want in stock at a store. :ROFLMAO: Always have to try and then order online.

Will update once I get some rounds in on them.

Back